Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2020-21

Scotland have actually qualified for a major tournament. Didn't think I'd live to see them do it again but we're there! Should have won it in normal time really but you they never make it easy. 

Gutted for NI though, would have been awesome for all the home nations to get there.

• Like 1

Atrocious VAR decision in the last minute of the Villa game, Trez went down and the referee pointed to the spot then VAR asked him to take a look at the replay and he overruled himself because Solly March got a slight touch of the ball. Touching the ball or not, he still fouled Trez so a penalty should have been awarded to Villa. 

Disappointing slips at the back again for us though, and without Barkley we lacked a bit of spark that would usually afford the front line more space in the final third. 

• Like 1

VAR should be a good thing but my oh my poor officiating is really taking away from it!

United got lucky thanks to it yet again. They’ve really had poor decisions go their way.

1 hour ago, Kav said:

VAR should be a good thing but my oh my poor officiating is really taking away from it!

United got lucky thanks to it yet again. They’ve really had poor decisions go their way.

I think VAR (or rather the people officiating it) isn't really benefitting anyone. Everyone is suffering from the inconsistencies of it. Yesterday's game was ridiculous and I can't work out why West Brom didn't have their penalty. Ours was given for the exact same reason as the one that Palace got against us earlier this season, so at least that's consistent...ish. I don't have a problem with the retake and it's great that the rule about keepers and their line is finally being enforced after years of it not being so. Although, whether that's what the rule should or shouldn't be is another question entirely.

Football is just fucking weird, atm. I spend most of the games waiting for the next incident or VAR-call, or penalty, or handball. It's not the same game as the one that I grew up with. 

I thought United were trash yesterday and very, very lucky to get away with it. It's one poor performance too many. We really need the next person after Ole to be the right one, because we're going nowhere.

Sign in to follow this