NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2020-21

Locatelli was always great in my old Milan Career Mode in FIFA. 

Glad to see him finally living up to the hype :p

50 minutes ago, Julius said:

Also that Chiellini goal being disallowed...yeah, don't agree with that one. At all. Maybe players should start tying their hands behind their back? 

I think in attacking situations the handball doesn't have to be intentional to be given as a foul.

3 minutes ago, Julius said:

Locatelli was always great in my old Milan Career Mode in FIFA. 

Glad to see him finally living up to the hype :p

Fantastic. I was just thinking that if I was playing Champ Manager he'd be a good young player to have in my team!

We saw it on Friday, and today was just further confirmation: this Italy side is the real deal.

Extremely strong at the back, fluid in the middle, and lethal when they need to be up front, and more importantly for a tournament, really good so far at game management. Switzerland always seem to roll over against the bigger sides at tournaments, felt that a bit here. 

Italy vs Wales should be a good one! 

35 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

I think in attacking situations the handball doesn't have to be intentional to be given as a foul.

Yeah, the not-so-new rule. It's nice that it's at least applied consistently, but as someone who used to play as a defender through school and after, I think it's really stupid when it's clearly unintentional, for example with Chiellini I don't understand where else he's supposed to put his hands in that situation. Do the rules not account for needing to balance your weight with your arms? 

But oh well, rules are rules ::shrug:

37 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Fantastic. I was just thinking that if I was playing Champ Manager he'd be a good young player to have in my team!

It's hilarious because he's only 23 years old and I think he's much older as I don't watch him play on a regular basis, but saw him through to his 30's a few years ago in FIFA :laughing:

6 minutes ago, Julius said:

We saw it on Friday, and today was just further confirmation: this Italy side is the real deal.

I think we need to see them against good opposition (no, not Wales :p) before getting our hopes up. I'm sure Germany could have got three points against this Swiss team.

Don't know if this is how the scoreline will stay, but HELL YEAH DENMARK LET'S GO! 

Belgium have been appalling so far, Denmark are cutting through them every time they go forward. Very surprised how little Belgium have been able to build up play

Lukaku's run and De Bruyne's pass were lovely, a worthy equaliser. Denmark will be ruing that they didn't take any of the earlier chances to extend their lead. 

4 minutes ago, Julius said:

Lukaku's run and De Bruyne's pass were lovely, a worthy equaliser. Denmark will be ruing that they didn't take any of the earlier chances to extend their lead. 

“It’s a PlayStation goal.” :D 

• Haha 2

Gutted for Denmark, but Ive also got money on Belgium, so....

edit: oh my, what a goal

Edited by LazyBoy

Lukaku's holding play there was insane, you love to it. Wonderful passing play there from Belgium and such a controlled strike by Dr Bruyne. Lovely gesture to not celebrate it too. 

Feel sorry for this Denmark team, they started great in the first half but didn't take their chances, and just started petering out of energy when the changes to bring on De Bruyne, Hazard, and Witsel were made. 

Not that it would have gone any other way with a healthy Eriksen in the side but still, boo, boo to you Denmark! Do it for Christian!

15 minutes ago, Julius said:

Feel sorry for this Denmark team, they started great in the first half but didn't take their chances, and just started petering out of energy when the changes to bring on De Bruyne, Hazard, and Witsel were made. 

I think that's been the case for a fair few games now. One team looks better, has loads of chances but fails to convert and then ultimately they get beaten. It's why I hate the stat of how much possession a team has of the ball. It's useless unless you put it in the back of the net.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

I think that's been the case for a fair few games now. One team looks better, has loads of chances but fails to convert and then ultimately they get beaten. It's why I hate the stat of how much possession a team has of the ball. It's useless unless you put it in the back of the net.

Let's review those Spain stats shall we. 

Yep. Final score: 0-0. Goals win matches confirmed.

• Haha 2

Well there we go, unlucky for Denmark but once Belgium started making changes things just stopped going their way. I understand some of their key players are recovering, but playing without their spine in the first half speaks volumes about why Belgium were such a scattered mess over the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, a lot of teams are just missing that efficiency in the final third to get them over edge and just pass it around for the sake of doing so (ahem, Spain); it's pretty rare that a team uses increased possession effectively. 

Was a good match in the end, but Belgium's spine needs to get fit pretty quickly in my eyes, they can't go on risking a repeat of their first half performance today. 

10 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

The Austriches are looking to salvage something here.

They are gonna have to try harder. :D 

Watched the new BBC Sport Ronaldo doc, Impossible to Ignore, last night. Decent watch and would recommend, though if you've read or seen anything on Ronaldo before, there's not too much new stuff to latch onto here. 

Was caught extremely off guard when I heard the first few notes of The Last of Us' theme come in just after 37 minutes, though. Never been more confused or intrigued during a documentary in my life than having that music play here :laughing:

There's whispers from the Scotland camp that Robertson won't feature against the red coats later. He did his back in carrying his ten teammates through matchday one.

I feel the pen was harsh. You can’t exactly jump high with your arms stuck to your side. It was a nasty hit though.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I feel the pen was harsh. You can’t exactly jump high with your arms stuck to your side. It was a nasty hit though.

How do you think Liverpool would have faired this season had Lovren been there clowning around in defence?

:woops:

4 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

I’m not nearly drunk enough for this.

Soon be time to boogie. 

Just now, darksnowman said:

How do you think Liverpool would have faired this season had Lovren been there clowning around in defence?

:woops:

Dude has always been a liability.

Just chiming in to say: I'm ready for a cracking match.

Any Scots here?

Edited by drahkon

Sign in to follow this