NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2020-21

Really shaky start from Maguire, my head was down immediately after that poor pass, but once he hoofed it out and you saw how open that right side of the pitch was once the ball came to Harry Kane, you felt like it was on. 

Fantastic cross from Trippier, even better finish from Shaw. Hopefully that'll calm the nerves! 

Edited by Julius

What a goal. Get in there, Luke! He's been brilliant all season, for both United and England.

I was just lamenting at home that we looked really nervous & then that happened! I thought this could be a 0-0 game beforehand so I’ve been wrong on a counts! Great start. 

Fucks sake England. We tune in 5 minutes late (couldn't find the remote) and you go and score within the first 2 minutes!

• Haha 1

Luke Shaw is proof that Mourinho lost it years ago. Far and away our best player of the tournament. Absolute hero. 

• Like 1

Sony should make a 3rd Person Action-Adventure game out of that redemption arc. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nicktendo said:

Luke Shaw is proof that Mourinho lost it years ago. Far and away our best player of the tournament. Absolute hero. 

Just now, Nicktendo said:

Sony should make a 3rd Person Action-Adventure game out of that redemption arc. 

I love how these two posts follow each other. This truly is Luke Shaw's redemption arc. Fantastic writing. Well done, Sony!

• Haha 2

Great first half from us. Shaw and Trippier have been immense, the decision by Gareth to go with three at the back has paid off enormously so far, Rice has controlled the middle of the park really well too. Things just haven't quite clicked going forward since that first move, but hopefully we can pounce on another opportunity. 

I'm a bit wary of this ref, he's let a lot go, and the England lads just need to keep their composure. Mount looks like he's getting a bit frustrated, surprisingly so considering how he typically is so calm, just need to call themselves a bit. Very strange to go with Kuipers after he didn't referee one of the semi-final matches, and especially after Felix Brych did a fantastic job in the Italy v Spain match. Some tackles could have easily been carded so far, hope it doesn't become a scrappy affair. 

The Italians grew into the match as we neared half-time. I was concerned early on that an early goal might mean we got overwhelmed, but we've kept out structure well and made sure we haven't been pushed around. Chiesa looks dangerous as ever though, I think if they're going to get something, it's coming through him, so they need to be sure to snuff him out. 

Come on lads. Another 45. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicktendo said:

It really has been a tournament for players to embarrass their critics. Sterling has been immense, as have the likes of Shaw & Pickford.

Rough seeing Barella come off, he's hand a tremendous tournament but he went missing for much of the second half against Spain, and hasn't had a whiff of the ball tonight. The right move, think they're trying to outmuscle us - specifically Rice - in the middle. 

Immobile has scored this tournament, but he hasn't lit it up as you might have thought going into it. Sucks to see him hooked off, reckon we'll see a lot of Chiesa, Berardi and Insigne swapping places in the rest of the match. Pace and unpredictability of that might just stretch us at the back a bit. 

Edited by Julius

That goal was coming. Italy are dominating the midfield and have got their composure. With that goal, Pickford's save was good, but nobody else reacted. It was like time stood still and the only players moving were the Italians. Disappointing goal to concede.

• Like 1

Shame, pretty dreadful defending for a corner, way too much space in the middle. It's bouncing around when it should be hitting legs. 

It's been coming. 

1 minute ago, killthenet said:

Looks a bit bleak now, England need to make big changes

I'm not even sure who at this point, been some great displays all over. Maybe Mount for Sancho, Foden, or Grealish? 

This will be where Southgate is tested. Not making changes might be what cost us three years ago, and I think he'll know that now. 

Switching to four at the back might stop our defensive spine from being so deep and inviting pressure, but there's so, so much space all of a sudden in our fullback positions. 

The shape has gone. Italy are controlling that midfield now. Chiesa is really leading things for them. England just need to get a couple of passes together and create a chance, even if it's only half a chance. Just to get them going again.

Chiesa shredding us to pieces there. But now he looks done. 

Verratti has had enough tactical fouls now, think he sees a yellow with the next one. He's had enough leeway now, any more and you feel he'd be able to get away with murder. 

Edited by Julius

I'm not too confident going into this extra-time. Unless one of Sancho or Grealish come on. Got to just go for it now. 

That was balanced on a knife edge there, you just felt we could have had one more chance more and then Chiellini drags Saka down. A yellow all day long, but an insidious and game-saving one at that. 

Brilliant changes from Mancini, Italy weren't great at the start of that half but once the changes were made, they controlled it up until the last few minutes of stoppage time. It felt like we were hanging ok by a thread there. 

Bring Grealish on, he should've come on earlier. The difference is that we were chasing the ball a lot there, we're knackered, having a player who can win foul after foul in our favour would break up Italy's flow nicely. 

Just go for it. We don't want penalties, and it'll be tough to hold it against Southgate for going for it. I say Grealish on for Mount and, if we reach the second half of extra time, maybe even Philips off for Foden or Sancho. We have the talent on the bench that changes games, let's use it. 

Come on lads! 

• Like 2

I agree completely!  Italy like to counter, so go for England, but just be ready for that counter-attack.

Grealish changing into a shirt? Good stuff. Also that Mrs Grealish 69 shirt, typically classy :laughing:

Chiellini is dragging Italy out of trouble time and time again here. That slide against Sterling was wonderful. You do feel for Verratti as he's had a great game, but how he's gone off the pitch without a booking is beyond me. Such a smart player. 

• Haha 1

tenor.gif

My head is buried deep in my shirt right now. Come on lads. Push in 2's and 3's, Bonucci and Chiellini lack pace and I'm sure their eyesight is going. 

Please win it in this 15. I can't do penalties. 

1 minute ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Rashford took his clothes off like 10 minutes ago. Where is he?!

Having a shower

Sign in to follow this