NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2020-21

Fucking hell, I thought the Swiss had fucked when they missed that penalty and France started actually playing - as soon as Pogba scored it was surely game over but Switzerland scored another two incredible goals.

What a day of football, just watch England v Germany be a dull 0-0 tomorrow...

Deschamps will be happy he held onto those subs. This France side seems to be struggling to see this 120 minutes through. 

Penalties it is then. Cracking game. 

I know Benzema had to come off to protect him against potential injury, but Deschamps will be ruing taking Griezmann off, as he's been their usual penalty taker before this tournament. 

Really hope these penalties deliver some more excitement :D

Yeah, I wasn't confident at all that Mbappé would put his away. Just something in the air about it. A great penalty shootout. 

Brilliant night of football. France just didn't kill the game off, and their concentration lapsed in that final 10 minutes. But don't get me wrong: Switzerland deserved to go through just as much. 

Edited by Julius

What an upset. What a night. That one will last long in the memory.

What a game. Fucking hell. I was properly slagging off Switzerland after their penalty miss in normal time and when they conceded those goals. "Is Switzerland actually a country? It isn't Germany, it isn't France, it isn't Austria, it isn't Italy. What the fuck is it?!" "All they do is banking and chocolate." "What did the Swiss ever do for us?"

The quality of football was great overall. Really exciting to watch. It was like the footballing equivalent of Rocky. Or even Rocky II. Proper good.

Fuck off, France.

Another goalfest. France just didn't bring it for 90 minutes, did they? Bought into their own hype. 

Switzerland have gone from looking ropey in the first match to putting out the favourites. Can they go further? I wouldn't put it past them to do it against Spain in the next round.

8 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

What a game. Fucking hell. I was properly slagging off Switzerland after their penalty miss in normal time and when they conceded those goals. "Is Switzerland actually a country? It isn't Germany, it isn't France, it isn't Austria, it isn't Italy. What the fuck is it?!" "All they do is banking and chocolate." "What did the Swiss ever do for us?"

Watches? ::shrug: 

So...are we expecting anything other than a boring 1:0 tonight (obviously for Germany :p)?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

So...are we expecting anything other than a boring 1:0 tonight (obviously for Germany :p)?

If by 1:0 you mean shots on target then yes, that's correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

After yesterdays matches it might not be too adventurous to expect more than one goal. So like 6-2 Germany with it being 0-0 going into extra time. :peace: 

51 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Yeah, the Laws of The Game dictate that tonight's big game will be boring after last night's matches. If anything I think that Sweden vs Ukraine will be the better one to watch for neutrals, can see both teams giving their all from the first minute to the last. 

It's tough for me to predict anything other than a Germany win, and yeah I think it could be a pretty boring one. Obviously deep down I'd like to see England do it, but if we go ahead I think it's clear that we don't have the maturity to manage the game and see it through, and on the other side of things, if we go behind I expect Germany's big game experience throughout the squad to shine through.

There were glimpses of brilliance from Saka against the Czech Republic, but we're going to need to see that hunger and desire all over the pitch today if we want a result. And, unless there's a dramatic shakeup in the lineup today, I just don't think we've seen anything from this England side so far in the tournament which would point to us turning on the style in the way this Germany team is capable of. 

Has this been the first tournament nobody has been complaining about the ball? Could be time for a shot to move in the air and squirm through the England keepers hands.

42 minutes ago, Julius said:

And, unless there's a dramatic shakeup in the lineup today, I just don't think we've seen anything from this England side so far in the tournament which would point to us turning on the style in the way this Germany team is capable of. 

Sancho and Bellingham to bring their Bundesliga pedigree. It has been written.

20 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Has this been the first tournament nobody has been complaining about the ball? Could be time for a shot to move in the air and squirm through the England keepers hands.

If Gareth is in fact secretly playing out a strategic masterplan, then unleashing Sancho for this game is how he'll do it. They're weak at left back, and Sancho will know half of them.

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

People have been complaining about the balls in the past? Admittedly the Jabulani was a bit much at the 2010 World Cup, some of those balls flew in almost comically looking back, but knuckleballs are a meta unto themselves, and I always loved figuring it out with a new football each tournament. 

1 hour ago, darksnowman said:

Yeah, agree with you and @LazyBoy that Sancho has to play tonight. But considering how many times we've said this so far in the tournament, it's hard to go in without doubting that he'll be there! 

1 hour ago, LazyBoy said:

Anyone else bricking it?

Yes :D

43,000 fans and only 1,800 being German means I've struggled to hear a lot of what had been said in the preamble leading up to the match. Would not want to be one of those German players right now, that's for sure! 

Free kick in their corner. 

Somehow ends up being passed back to our goalkeeper less than 10 seconds later. Been really negative in midfield and defence so far (other than Maguire), they need to get the attackers involved more. 

Will always rate Kroos for sticking with those adipure 11Pro's. Lovely boots. 

Been really cagey most of that half, hope it opens up. We've started growing into the game but we need to be more direct, there have been so many times when the pass back to Neuer isn't that fast or where we're pressuring them as they ping it around in their own box but just aren't going for the ball. 

That was the least hype Olympics trailer I could have imagined for Japan. 

Where's the hype anime opening?! 

I thought England looked ok in that first half. Mildly threatening, slightly the better of the two teams, and decent-ish. Wouldn't surprise me if we manage to sneak in a goal or two in the second half.

England have been so disappointing to watch in this tournament. The quality of the football is just not great. Considering who we have in the squad, the football we are playing should be considerably better. 

The Grealish sub made a huge difference. Overall, did enough to win that game. Phew!

The key to England winning anything is to play every international game at home. 

Sign in to follow this