NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2020-21

1 minute ago, Jonnas said:

The good news is, this time we didn't wait until the end of the match to score 3 goals.

The bad news is the same as the good news.

Rarely has someone been so despondent at seeing their side score three goals.

:(

Portugal could do with getting CR7 off so he can coach them for the second 45.

25 minutes ago, drahkon said:

is Harvertz always this emotionless and without any body tension?

looks like it :D

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Quick question for you PL lads: is Harvertz always this emotionless and without any body tension? It's annoying me like crazy.

Haha that celebration (or lack thereof) for his goal just says it all :laughing: he seems really relaxed and just wants to get on with it, kind of reminds me of Kroos (though perhaps a little more extreme, then again as we just saw, Kroos can get a bit heated too)

Edited by Julius

I was starting to believe that Germany were going to win the tournament through own goals alone but Havertz and Gosens have ruined it

46 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Quick question for you PL lads: is Harvertz always this emotionless and without any body tension? It's annoying me like crazy.

Pretty much, but his talent speaks for itself. It looks like he’s a bit lazy but he’s anything but, he just glides.

His demeanour reminds me of Berbatov.

Edited by Kav
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

I see. Still annoys me greatly. I need emotion on the pitch :p

• Haha 2

Well... we might be getting better. Germany always seems to kick our asses in these competitions, but we put way more of a fight than usual. I'm disappointed by the result, but not by the performance of the teams.

Now we just need to defeat the World Champions and we're through.

*nervous laughter*

• Like 1

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Best game of the tournament by a mile. Great stuff. This group is wide open at this point.

Absolutely the best game of the tournament (though a bit of a shame about the own goals). Germany proving they can get a result when they need one too, which is what they needed to bounce back. Portugal were a bit of a mess at the back, but unlike some other teams in the tournament (ahem, England) they still have something to offer going forward, even without Ronaldo. 

France vs Portugal will hopefully be an entertaining match, would love to see Hungary put up a fight against Germany too. 

9 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

Now we just need to defeat the World Champions and we're through.

Wee buns! In Jota we trust. 

23 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

^^^
Now that's the Germany we know and love, eh @drahkon?  :p 

Almost. :p

Happy with the win, obviously. Didn't expect us to play this well.

Gonna need to get very drunk to survive next Wednesday, though. Hungary will put up a hell of a fight :D

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Almost. :p

Happy with the win, obviously. Didn't expect us to play this well.

Gonna need to get very drunk to survive next Wednesday, though. Hungary will put up a hell of a fight :D

Was pointing at the anime-ification H-o-T posted :p but glad to see you're in marginally better spirits now after eking out the three points.

I'm dubious about this goal that was given just onside. Oh well. Let's see if Poland can manufacture a good chance or two for Lewandowski. 

33 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Let's see if Poland can manufacture a good chance or two for Lewandowski. 

rPNCqww.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Such a stupid foul.

I don't want Spain to go through :(

Edit: Phew :p

Edited by drahkon

Decent game that has once again left the group pretty open. Poland really held their own against a Spanish side that are a shadow of their former selves.

Even with Poland subbing on a 17-year-old, that was a game of men against boys. The group is nicely poised for the final round of games. Should be good. 

It's been coming, Italy absolutely deserve the lead. Well worked free kick. 

Wales need to hold on until half time, because the momentum is very much against them. They've been adventurous going forwards though, I'm sure they'll get their chance. 

Ampadu was late but I think everyone was surprised by the red there, seemed a bit harsh. 

Wales really up against it now. 

• Confused 1

That big fella Moore went down like a sack of spuds under the slightest of pressure from the little Italian! :laughing: 

Some worldies being scored in the the Switzerland vs Turkey match. 

7 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

No two ways about it--he had to go. 

I think it was late, for sure, the red just seems harsh in the context that it probably wouldn't be a red in the Prem or some of the other leagues. UEFA have called for harsher and more direct calls in cases like this though, as the commentators were saying, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 

Sign in to follow this