NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2020-21

What a goal for 2-0. :o Xabi Alonso reincarnated as a Czech international!!

Currently in a meeting and I'm so glad my microphone was muted for the cheer I let out when witnessing that hit the back of the net! :laughing: 

Come on, Scotland. Get yourselves a goal so you're in the scoring groove for the match against the English. 

14 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

What a goal for 2-0. :o Xabi Alonso reincarnated as a Czech international!!

Currently in a meeting and I'm so glad my microphone was muted for the cheer I let out when witnessing that hit the back of the net! :laughing: 

Come on, Scotland. Get yourselves a goal so you're in the scoring groove for the match against the English. 

How they’ve not scored yet is beyond me. Hell of a save by the Czech keeper.

7 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

How they’ve not scored yet is beyond me. Hell of a save by the Czech keeper.

Yes, they are having one of those Liverpool at Anfield days where they just can't find a goal.

• Haha 1

It just isn't going to go in for us, is it? 

So frustrating after all the build up and hope - unless we can pull something spectacular out of the bag we'll be going into the England game in the worst possible position

Just now, killthenet said:

So frustrating after all the build up and hope - unless we can pull something spectacular out of the bag we'll be going into the England game in the worst possible position

You should have had at least 3 goals in this game. It’s crazy you’ve yet to hit the target.

4 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Play like this and you’ll beat Croatia. Gutted for you, think you’ve been great.

A win for Croatia against the Czech Republic on Friday followed by a draw for us against England is what I'm hoping for now. Put the disappointment of today behind us and go into the last game with something on the board. 

Obviously feel totally gutted right now, the second goal especially there were a couple of glaring errors, but when the dust settles there will be positives to take from it 

36 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Play like this and you’ll beat Croatia. Gutted for you, think you’ve been great.

They’ll beat us if they play like that. They just need to take their chances.

Normally I find Sky to be very hit and miss, but I've got a lot of respect to them for highlighting the importance of CPR after what happened with Eriksen the other day and demonstrating how to perform it: 

Last time I did a CPR course was way back doing DofE in high school, should probably look back into it. 

13 hours ago, Julius said:

Last time I did a CPR course was way back doing DofE in high school, should probably look back into it. 

Yeah, I've done the St. John's Ambulance training to be the first aider in a previous job. Thankfully, didn't have to do anything of the life-saving variety but it's well worth doing the training if the chance comes up. Officially, mine's lapsed now, but it stays with you all the same.

What about Sweden last night, then? Ibra could have been the difference...!

Tonight's the first match of our team. I'm excited and worried. Not expecting a win, though...France is just too strong.

Will also be only the second match of the Euros I watch (first one being Denmark : Finland).

44 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Tonight's the first match of our team. I'm excited and worried. Not expecting a win, though...France is just too strong.

Will also be only the second match of the Euros I watch (first one being Denmark : Finland).

I'm siding with Germany for this one, and wouldn't mind them winning the trophy as I'd like to see Jogi Löw go out on a high. :cool: 

Edited by darksnowman

France to wipe the floor with the Germans - national tragedy level - only for the French to then get shocked by the Hungarians. Portuguese to go through top. BotW to have a whole new world.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

France to wipe the floor with the Germans - national tragedy level

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hungarians are holding them here, Portugal got to step up. Any of the big three in this group fail to beat Hungary and that could be them going home.

Feel sorry for Hungary. They were so close to holding them and then imploded in the final 5 minutes. Shame.

French and German lads clearly in a rush to get back to their hotels. 

Incredibly fast start by both sides! 

Edited by Julius

Excellent pass by Pogba, no-one on the pitch had any clue what was going on except for Hernandez, and everyone knew where that ball was going to end up (even if an own goal).

Pogba always shows up for France, shame for United fans he doesn't seem to do the same for them, but I guess they don't let him off the collar as much (guess they haven't got someone like Kanté), but it's crazy seeing him press so high up the pitch in this game. 

Passing has been all over the place from both teams though, really scrappy which is surprising, as great as it is for us neutrals :D

I’m surprised Germany haven’t bagged a goal yet. They’ve been playing well but just can’t convert.

Rabiot looked completely caught in two minds with that shot against the post. Pretty sure it was his momentum from motioning to pass that ended up making it not hit the back of the net, fooled Neuer though! 

Unlucky for Gnabry

Sign in to follow this