NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2020-21

From being just above the relegation zone before Christmas, I'm shocked Arsenal were only 6 points off the Champions League places in the end. Actually glad Spurs got the Europa Conference place, we don't need that distraction for the coming season.

I thought Man U would have ran away with final but they’ve really struggled. Be interesting to see if Ole can pull off one of his famous comebacks in the second half. 

Decent second half, with Man U looking much better now. Rashford has had an absolute nightmare in this game....now watch him go on to score the winner. :p 

David De Gea misses the decisive penalty and Villareal win the Europa League by 11-10 on penalties. Unai Emery masterminds another Europa League upset.

Just about worth it to see the penalty shootout, most of the previous 120 minutes was pretty rubbish though. Why did Man Utd wait so long do make any substitutes? It was like they wanted it to go to penalties.

12 hours ago, Mandalore said:

Just about worth it to see the penalty shootout, most of the previous 120 minutes was pretty rubbish though. Why did Man Utd wait so long do make any substitutes? It was like they wanted it to go to penalties.

Maybe they thought Bruno Fernandes would be allowed to take all of them?

Zidane is off again:

Guess we'll see him back there in a year or two once they've bought Mbappé. 

This is going to start the circus of manager transfers this summer. Conte looks to be leaving Inter as they won't let him make some big buys (poor guy always seems to have this issue), Allegri has been sitting out for a long time now...should be interesting to see what happens! 

Zidane is like a cat asking to go outside. 

For the first time we're leading in a Champions League final. 

I don't know how to feel :smile:

• Like 1

Chelsea certainly deserve to be ahead at half time. They should be 3-0 up at this point. I’m hoping that they don’t just sit back and try to absorb the City pressure for the next 45 minutes.

• Like 1

Great first half, very exciting to watch. Complete opposite of the Europa League final.

GET INNNNNNNNNN

Thank God there was little to no drama this time around, waiting until penalties twice when we've got here before had me very nervous. Though my mouth dropped and it went way too quiet at that Mahrez shot, and Mason Mount coming off before the game finished definitely had me nervous going into the last 10 minutes. 

City never really got going, we were worthy of the win. Controlling the game through disruption, Kanté bossing it as always, Azpi was on fire at the back. City missed not having Fernandinho or Rodri in the middle from the start, because they looked shaky throughout; Pep got it wrong choosing Sterling, and City were snuffed out tonight. 

I do feel for De Bruyne - especially as the last time we were here I was excited for him hopefully getting through to our first team - it was a bit of a dirty foul by Rudiger, and reminded me of the Ramos challenge on Salah a few years ago. Feel bad for Thiago Silva too, he's a living legend and deserved the full 90 minutes, but Christensen came on today and I think only had one awkward moment, otherwise was absolutely solid. 

Such a young squad, only looking up from here I hope, and the England lads have me very excited (that's probably a bad sign :p) for the Euro's. 

• Like 3

So many great performances by Chelsea players, nice to see Kante getting man of the match. Surprised that City never got going, even after the changes. 

• Like 1

I’m still shaking, absolutely buzzing… hopefully this brings @dazzybee to his senses and he realises Chelsea are the biggest team in London. He’s been on a mad one thinking Spurs are bigger.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Kav said:

I’m still shaking, absolutely buzzing… hopefully this brings @dazzybee to his senses and he realises Chelsea are the biggest team in London. He’s been on a mad one thinking Spurs are bigger.

Tottenham aren't even the biggest team in North London.

How many trophies have they won in the last 30 years? :laughing:

The most despicable thing about the European Super League is that fact Spurs were invited to join it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just seen about Ancelotti leaving Everton for Real Madrid, and it's hard to not feel sorry for Everton fans, but I can see why Ancelotti would take the opportunity.

That team is in dire need of a crazy restructure, though, and I doubt that's happening this summer, so is the plan to just keep the fire warm for next summer if/when they sign Mbappé and Zidane returns with the support he and the team deserves?

It also feels like he completely forgot what happened in the season after he won La Décima, when he didn't defend the European crown, finished second with 100+ goals scored in La Liga, and didn't get very far in the Copa del Rey - pretty much pushed aside for the same reasons he was given the boot when he was with us at Chelsea. 

It'll be interesting to see how it shakes out, but as with most Real appointments, I don't see this ending very well in the end for Ancelotti. 

Man, both England friendly games have been rough to watch. Zero creativity and not clinical enough when a chance does fall to someone. We are going butchered in the Euros if we play like this....which we no doubt will. :p 

Man, both England friendly games have been rough to watch. Zero creativity and not clinical enough when a chance does fall to someone. We are going butchered in the Euros if we play like this....which we no doubt will.  
First time watching England in a tournament year?

People booing the knee is really starting to enrage me. Not just the booing, but the bullshit arguments that follow it as well. I don't know if I can suffer a whole tournament of this.

• Like 1

Thing is, if they hadn't booed it, it probably would have gone away after a while. But now, they can't stop doing it, because then the boo-ers would have won, so they have to keep it up indefinitely, which will piss off the boo-ers even more!

• Like 1

Alright people, where are you on the Euros obsession scale? Just watching your country, watching all the big games, catching every game you can?

Off to the pub in a bit for the opener. Taken a draw - cause opener is always a draw. I know Italy are supposed to be hot shit these days, but Turkey are no mugs either. Oooh I'm just so excited. This and E3, what a couple of weeks ahead.

Sign in to follow this