NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Fierce_LiNk

Football Season 2020-21

I went into deadline day expecting nothing, Houssem Aouar stated the day before he was staying at Lyon and little was being said about Thomas Partey so I went in to it with my expectations rock bottom. Then all of a sudden it was being reported that Arsenal were going to meet Thomas Parteys release clause and when it got confirmed I kept my eyes on Sky Sports News the rest of the evening after my Gaming stream. When it got announced I was buzzing, we finally have a true midfield enforcer who sits in front of the back 4 to protect it and he's just entered the peak of his powers. It appears as though Diego Simeone is not happy after getting Lucas Torriera from us on loan as he wanted to pair them both in his midfield but that's what the Atletico board get for putting a release clause that low in his contract, they honestly thought they were going to mug us off, maybe the board aren't as incompetent as they have seemed the last couple of seasons. I can see us having a real go at the top 4 this season now.

On the negative side though, sacking the club mascot of 27 years Gunnersaurus in order to cut costs shows a lack of respect to the man in the suit for that entire 27 year period. At least the fans realise his contribution since a GoFundMe page has been set up for him.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Ozil has offered to pay Gunnersaurus' wages as long as he's a Arsenal player.

Bizarre sentence I never thought I'd write.

• Like 1

Is anyone following this 'Project Big Picture' story? I need to rant, but I'd rather make sure I'm not yelling at clouds first.

• Like 3

On 13/10/2020 at 9:45 AM, LazyBoy said:

Is anyone following this 'Project Big Picture' story? I need to rant, but I'd rather make sure I'm not yelling at clouds first.

Do it.

That offside decision in the Everton/Liverpool match is just hilariously awful.

The law-makers/rule-makers/law-keepers have lost sight of what it is that they're trying to do. You don't gain an advantage by having that part of your body in that position, and that's such a difficult thing to have control of during a match in realtime. It doesn't work that way. The law isn't necessarily there for that. Firstly, the law needs updating and made relevant for the game in its current state. Then, the technology needs to be implemented and used properly, in accordance with those laws.

When you've got diehard-United fans sticking up for Liverpool, you know that something must be wrong!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The lack of crowds, the VAR, the disgusting naked greed of the people at the top of the game. I'm really falling out of love with this game.

Being a United fan right now doesn't help.

2 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Do it.

That offside decision in the Everton/Liverpool match is just hilariously awful.

The law-makers/rule-makers/law-keepers have lost sight of what it is that they're trying to do. You don't gain an advantage by having that part of your body in that position, and that's such a difficult thing to have control of during a match in realtime. It doesn't work that way. The law isn't necessarily there for that. Firstly, the law needs updating and made relevant for the game in its current state. Then, the technology needs to be implemented and used properly, in accordance with those laws.

When you've got diehard-United fans sticking up for Liverpool, you know that something must be wrong!

As hard of a pill as it is to swallow, I can accept the Mané offside going by how they have been measuring these things over the last year or so. I don't like it, but I know we've also benefitted from marginal decisions in the past too.

What I can't accept is the incident which led to Van Dijk being injured. Whether he was offside or not (and I haven't seen it properly again to know for certain that he was), the challenge from Pickford was absolutely shocking and I can't believe he wasn't punished for it.

We deserved to win this game and I'm very frustrated that we didn't but I'm at least reassured by our performance after the Villa game. I'm not happy that we could well be without Van Dijk and Thiago for a while, though, especially with how the injuries were picked up :hmm:

2 minutes ago, nekunando said:

What I can't accept is the incident which led to Van Dijk being injured. Whether he was offside or not (and I haven't seen it properly again to know for certain that he was), the challenge from Pickford was absolutely shocking and I can't believe he wasn't punished for it.

The most outrageous part about it is the red card that Everton got later on in the match, similar situation with the whistle being blown before the challenge happens, the inconsistency of it is laughable.

30 minutes ago, nekunando said:

As hard of a pill as it is to swallow, I can accept the Mané offside going by how they have been measuring these things over the last year or so. I don't like it, but I know we've also benefitted from marginal decisions in the past too.

We deserved to win this game and I'm very frustrated that we didn't but I'm at least reassured by our performance after the Villa game. I'm not happy that we could well be without Van Dijk and Thiago for a while, though, especially with how the injuries were picked up :hmm:

That Pickford "tackle" was straight out of Mortal Kombat. Pure Brutality. :o

I really don't like Pickford, but he made a few great saves today. But, yeah, he clearly should've been sent off after that tackle. I'm amazed at that decision. Basically, if the offside flag goes up, you get a free pass at taking out one of the other side's players.

I can understand marginal offsides but from the pictures I've seen there isn't any of Mane offside at all, seems a crazy decision, but the Pickford tackle on Van Dijk was the most egregious error VAR made. 

All of Villa's next 3 games are on the PPV channels in the UK, even the game on Friday night against Leeds despite no other PL match being on that night. I hope nobody shells out the extra for the PPV matches, watching on stream is not as enjoyable as watching legal TV coverage but I'd rather do that than pay extra fees to watch a few matches 

That Spurs/West Ham match was juicy as hell. 3-0 with less than 15 to go, hats off to West Ham for not just giving up and rolling over. 

Vote: Villa for the league.

If United don't do it (lol), let's go balls deep on Villa pulling it off. 

I listened to an interview with Jack Wilshere this evening. I can’t believe he’s still without a club, so he’s been training at his local park.  I assume no club would be willing to pay his wages, but surely there’s a bargain to be had, even by a lower league team for a season / until January?

8 hours ago, WackerJr said:

I listened to an interview with Jack Wilshere this evening. I can’t believe he’s still without a club, so he’s been training at his local park.  I assume no club would be willing to pay his wages, but surely there’s a bargain to be had, even by a lower league team for a season / until January?

Somebody will take him up, but 16 league appearances in 2 years is shit. He should strongly consider dropping into the Championship. It's a shame his career hasn't lived up to early expectations, but at this stage he just needs to be playing football regularly. 

• Like 1

Thought United looked very flat against Chelsea. I don't think Chelsea were anything great either, although they should have had a penalty thanks to Maguire. We were the better team, although it wasn't by much. Just an all-round boring display by two managers who are punching above their weight and are out of their depth. Chelsea were there to be had and we didn't do enough to challenge them. Getting quite frustrated at the lack of game-time for VDB, too. He seemed like such an obvious player to put on in a game where we're trying to break the opposition down like that. Playing Dan James from the start was a huge mistake and meant that we threw away one sub by replacing him. Ole got the defensive part right yesterday, but the attacking part was just lifeless. 

Bye bye Barto!

!!!! Bartomeu and his board of directors resign !!

They do not want to put the health of the member at risk or cause more instability in the club.

Well, looks like someone is probably about to do a Michael Scott.

Good riddance. 

Sir Marcus Rashford, Prime Minister of the UK. 

What a guy.

When he's not making sure that children get fed, he's scoring goals in the Champions League. 

On 28/10/2020 at 11:04 PM, LazyBoy said:

He's a diamond of a human being. Faith-restoring.

Tasty game tomorrow. I hope that we put in a great shift and get a good result. Tempted to say that we'll win 3-0...two from Sir Marcus and the other from Bruno.

I can't believe how difficult Arsenal's start to the season is. Having to play against Liverpool, Man City, Leicester and Man Utd in the first 7 games.

They're not doing so great at it either...

Edit: whoops, sorry guys. I might have jynxed that.

Really poor performance from us. Our home form is appalling. Arsenal looked more up for it and mentally looked better than us. Completely deserved that win.

Sign in to follow this