Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity (20th November 2020)

79 on Metacritic, I'll probably skip this as the gameplay doesn't really seem for me. Will watch the cutscenes on YouTube though

I thought I cancelled my preorder for this, intending to ask for it as a Christmas present. Turns out I didn't, and I received an email from ShopTo last night saying they had my order in their warehouse and I couldn't cancel from here! 

It's being delivered to my flat but I'm at my parents place so who knows when I'll actually get it, guess I've got something to look forward to when I go back. 

Won't be able to play it until lockdown ends unfortunately. Which is a shame, because I'm one of the rare people who's getting it for the Hyrule Warriors aspect, not the Age of Calamity bit. So my opinion would probably end up very different to most.

• Thanks 1

Well, my plans to play this game over the weekend went down the toilet. I cancelled my Shopto order as I wasn't confident that they would get it to me on Friday/Saturday and figured I would pick up a copy from Tesco or Argos. Tesco didn't get it in stock, many Argos stores didn't get it in stock until this afternoon and my local Argos didn't get any. At least this freed me up to concentrate on Yakuza. :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mine did arrive today. According to the tracking, Royal Mail didn't get it until 10pm Wednesday and they sent it with Royal Mail 48. I guess the PS5 launch did slow them down, or it's cause of all the preorder bonuses, which frankly I could have done without.

• Like 1

I've put in about three hours so far and if I'm being completely honest, I think I prefer the original Hyrule Warriors. This hasn't impressed me at all so far. I need to spend more time with it, obviously, but it's definitely in the "disappointing" category so far. A number of things I want to complain about but I'm going to spend more time with it before I do.

The frame rate is still god awful. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Sign in to follow this