NEurope
Ronnie

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury (12 Feb 2021)

19 minutes ago, Goron_3 said:

You know what's funny?

People were disappointed that 3D World didn't have online on Wii U and @Serebii kept repeating that it's because the game featured 'precise platforming' that wouldn't work online.

I love how poorly that aged because we all knew it was BS. Good on Nintendo for adding online this time round - I'm definitely interested in some 4P chaos.

Oh it’s gonna have online... but nobody said anything about it actually being functional here ;) 

I expect a complete shitshow; just like with SMM2’s online multiplayer.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

EripX0bXUAEmD82?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Some amazing artwork there, I love how ominous it is.

Little does Mario remember, they faced each other in a similar fashion at the end of Yoshi's Island. 

Did Bowser and Ganon from Skyward Sword always look so similar and I just never noticed it??

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Little does Mario remember, they faced each other in a similar fashion at the end of Yoshi's Island. 

Did Bowser and Ganon from Skyward Sword always look so similar and I just never noticed it??

That's a pretty good call haha, didn't think of it!

Baby_Bowser_boss_in_Yoshi's_Island.jpg

So it’s just one giant Odyssey style level?

Bit disappointed TBH.  Was hoping for them to be additional traditional SM3DW levels (was always weird that we only got 3 bonus worlds post-credits originally; was hoping that it’s be more of those).

• Sad 1

It's funny reading through everyone's reactions, because as someone who hasn't played 3D World, I was also questioning why it looked so much like Odyssey :laughing:

Looks really good. Don't know if I'm in a rush to get it (still got to play Sunshine and Galaxy from 3D All-Stars), but I look forward to getting around to it...one day :p

4 hours ago, Dcubed said:

So it’s just one giant Odyssey style level?

Bit disappointed TBH.  Was hoping for them to be additional traditional SM3DW levels (was always weird that we only got 3 bonus worlds post-credits originally; was hoping that it’s be more of those).

This is my fear, I think the new content looks good even if it is more Odyssey than 3DW but it's hard to tell if there's much content or if it really is just one giant level like you said. I'll be waiting for p/reviews to see how substantial or not the new content is. 

Looks great, but also get the feeling there isn’t going to be anywhere near enough new content in order to justify picking this up. :hmm:

6 hours ago, Goron_3 said:

Bowser Jr suggests it supports co-op but not 4P. That's cool, but I do hope for a few more multiplayer levels.

To me the way BJ was following Mario looked more like a NPC character, or maybe something akin to Galaxy where you can get it to perform an action but not controllable. It always seemed to be a set distance away and didn't look human-controlled.

It's cool they're doing something different and not just "more levels" (although sadly its no Funky Mode) but I have no interest in playing 3D World again.

• Like 1

GameXplain 

Good Vibes Gaming trailer analysis:

Also, the fact that Mega Fury Bowser is called God Slayer Bowser in Japan is hilarious to me :D

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Cube said:

God Slayer Bowser?

Bowser Vs Kratos in Smash confirmed!

Kratos Aurion Voice - Tales franchise | Behind The Voice ...

Would be a weird choice, to be sure. But the fans are clambering for more sword users aren't they.

• Haha 1

Ok I had intended to not double dip on Mario 3D World as I already have it on Wii U...but damn this Bowser's Fury extra content looks good.

My main question now is how much content is in it. From the trailer it looks like just the one world/level.... If that were case probably not enough to warrant the double dip....but wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo were intentionally hold back footage of more levels.

Also the way Cat Mario's hair changed at end of trailer did anyone else think Super Saiyan Cat Mario :p

• Like 1

Just saw a video of this game on my Switch. Looks good and I've never played it before so I think I'll get it on its Febrerere release day. :D

That didn't take long! Overview trailer:

In this free-roaming adventure, you’ll travel to various islands in Lake Lapcat to collect Cat Shines to reignite lighthouses and clear darkened terrain. Watch out for Bowser, though!

When Bowser is in full Fury, he can be pretty scary. Luckily, Mario can match his might with the Giga Bell, which lets him transform into the mighty Giga Cat Mario and go toe-to-toe with the monstrous Bowser in a titanic battle of biggies.

Bowser Jr. to the rescue! Grab a buddy to play as Bowser Jr., who can fly around fighting enemies and discovering secrets in 2-player mode.

https://supermario3dworld.nintendo.com/bowsers-fury/

cat-biddybud-l-2x.png

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Solid overview trailer, but I'm left questioning why they didn't just release that one yesterday? ::shrug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not bought amiibo in a while but I might be tempted! Cue certain people calling this inexcusable 'pay to win'.

1 minute ago, Julius said:

Solid overview trailer, but I'm left questioning why they didn't just release that one yesterday? ::shrug:

Why have one day of buzz and PR when you can have two I guess.

A lot of companies seem to release a tease on day then go into more details the next.

That new photo mode looks fantastic! I was wondering how they would use the stamps from the original game.

After seeing the direction they've got with Bowser's Fury, I'm fairly confident that we aren't getting a Super Mario Odyssey sequel and instead they've used this as an experimental way of creating a more open Mario game, where instead of having separate levels / worlds, everything is just connected in a Souls / Metroid kind of way. I also expect that this more open game will be the sequel on an inevitable Switch successor - it would be the logical next step for Mario.

Really excited to see how this works out.