NEurope
Ronnie

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury (12 Feb 2021)

Was hoping for a Goomba furry amiibo

15845505381_e3cd467f93_b.jpg

adorable

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Glen-i said:

@Dcubed don't you think @markderoos already suffers enough without you getting hopes up?

You know, I still remember when 3D World was first announced, there was no sign of Bowser. @Dcubed metioned how the Pixies had to be from Subcon so Wart would ‘obviously’ make his comeback. Yeah.

I’m still contemplating how to return the ‘favor’...

• Haha 5

New trailer dropping tomorrow at 14:00 GMT:

Pretty crazy that this game went quiet for so long. I know it's a port + additional content kind of deal, but still! Got to imagine that's part of the reason they announced the time that the trailer drops this time around, as opposed to just dropping it out of the blue. 

• Thanks 2

Nice! Really looking forward to this. 3D World is one of my favourite Mario games ever so I'm really excited by the port + new content. 

Nintendo continue to manage expectations with the whole "2 minute trailer" comment, just to stop people getting their hopes up it'll be a Direct style thing :laughing:

Edited by Ronnie

It's not often that we get an announcement of when a new trailer will drop. But excited, I'm looking forward to seeing if Bowser's Fury can warrant another buy from me - I did enjoy the core game very much on Wii U.

With my only experience of 3D World being the style in Super Mario Maker 2 (it's the worst style), it's still strange and cool to see it in 3D. :blush: Looks good!

• Like 6

Sooo it's Super Mario 3D World x Super Mario Sunshine x Kaiju battles? Hard to judge how substantial this is, but since I never played 3D World I'm getting it anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Sooo it's Super Mario 3D World x Super Mario Sunshine x Kaiju battles? Hard to judge how substantial this is, but since I never played 3D World I'm getting it anyway.

If you've never played 3D World, you need this DAY ONE, Dennis.

• Like 1

WOW, Bowser's Fury looks amazing!! Like a giant sandbox of fun! Great trailer 

Also, I'm jealous af of people who've never played 3D World and getting to experience it for the first time. 

Looks like a mix of SMO and 3DW. Open ended levels is always good in my book, and it did look as though Mario had better movement than he originally did in 3DW.

Bowser Jr suggests it supports co-op but not 4P. That's cool, but I do hope for a few more multiplayer levels.

@Zell Check out the music when Bowser shows up.

Feels like the visuals wouldn't have been possible on Wii U, and it's very much taking advantage of the Switch's extra power.

• Like 1

After rewatching, the physics engine for BF looks different to the 3DW engine. Mario doesn't look as rigid (as in, tied to 8 directional movement).

This looks excellent, you know. The package will feel like a single player Mario adventure with an additional multiplayer component. I feel like if this was the original experience on Wii U, it would have been more a system seller off the back of NSMBU.

Perhaps this is what the SMO team have been working on?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goron_3 said:

Tough to tell without knowing how substantial it is. SMO came out three and a bit years ago, that's a lot of time for an expanded port. 

Was all the footage in the trailer from Bowser's Fury or was there some SM3DW in it as well? Can't remember the levels.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kav said:

Did Mario just turn Super Saiyan Giant Cat?!

Indeed. I look forward to playing as Ultra Instinct Luigi. :D 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Cube said:

Looks interesting. Shame there's no way to buy it standalone.

Indeed. Bowser's Fury looks good.
Super Mario 3D World isn't very good, though, and I really don't need it again.

Welp, looks like I'm going to miss out on Bowser's Fury ::shrug:

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Was all the footage in the trailer from Bowser's Fury or was there some SM3DW in it as well? Can't remember the levels.

Yeah all from Bowser's Fury.

10 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Super Mario 3D World isn't very good, though

Yeah, terrible game.

1c6mario.jpg

• Thanks 1

You know what's funny?

People were disappointed that 3D World didn't have online on Wii U and @Serebii kept repeating that it's because the game featured 'precise platforming' that wouldn't work online.

I love how poorly that aged because we all knew it was BS. Good on Nintendo for adding online this time round - I'm definitely interested in some 4P chaos.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Kav said:

Thought he looked like a Mario-ised Lion-O myself!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Goron_3 said:

After rewatching, the physics engine for BF looks different to the 3DW engine. Mario doesn't look as rigid (as in, tied to 8 directional movement).

This looks excellent, you know. The package will feel like a single player Mario adventure with an additional multiplayer component. I feel like if this was the original experience on Wii U, it would have been more a system seller off the back of NSMBU.

Yes.  Bowser’s Fury is EPD Tokyo’s next game.

The SM3DW port has been done by NST (Who also did the Captain Toad ports for 3DS & Switch)

39 minutes ago, Kav said:

More like a Golden Oozaru. Against Bowser's regular Oozaru.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1