NEurope
Ronnie

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury (12 Feb 2021)

• Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury: Multiplayer mayhem pounces onto Nintendo Switch! This enhanced version of Super Mario 3D World, which originally launched for Wii U, features co-op gameplay both online* and through local multiplayer in a variety of creative levels. Additional details about what new things this game has to offer will be revealed later. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury launches for Nintendo Switch on 12th February 2021. New Cat Mario and Cat Peach amiibo will also be released as a double pack at the same time as the game.

Love the original game, and very intrigued by what Bowser's Fury is.

Also new amiibo confirmed from the press release.

Edited by Ronnie

I never actually bought this on Wii U, so this is the Switch re-release that I'm actually looking forward to buying. 

Bowser's Fury = some play as Bowser levels? 

I'm indifferent to the original game but if it had been Bowser's Furry...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mr-Paul said:

I never actually bought this on Wii U, so this is the Switch re-release that I'm actually looking forward to buying. 

Bowser's Fury = some play as Bowser levels? 

You're in for a treat, amazing game if you're into 3D platforming.

The way they're advertising Bowser's Fury makes it seem like it's own standalone thing, obviously likely a smaller scale one. We'll see I guess, shame no more info now.

Haven't enjoyed it as much as other Mario games, but it was a blast in multiplayer. Not sure then, if I wanna pay as much for a remaster, though. Depends on how much new content Bowser's Fury will bring.

Edited by drahkon

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

Haven't enjoyed it as much as other Mario games, but it was a blast in multiplayer. Not sure if I wanna pay as much for a remaster, though. Depends on how much new content Bowser's Fury will bring.

Are you aware that it's online multiplayer now? Can't imagine that running well after Mario Maker 2.

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I'm indifferent to the original game but if it had been Bowser's Furry...

He already is here though?

1200px-SMM2_Meowser_Artwork.jpg

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

You're in for a treat, amazing game if you're into 3D platforming.

The way they're advertising Bowser's Fury makes it seem like it's own standalone thing, obviously likely a smaller scale one. We'll see I guess, shame no more info now.

Bowser’s Fury has almost as much new content as an entirely new game from when I first heard about this port (well over a year ago at this point now!).

The new content is VERY substantial!

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Are you aware that it's online multiplayer now?

Interesting.

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Can't imagine that running well after Mario Maker 2.

You'd think they'd put at least a little more effort into this one, then...

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

You'd think, but Nintendo online gaming is all over the place in quality.

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

Nintendo online gaming is all over the place in quality.

Don't have to tell me :p

Thankfully this one is not limited (...hopefully), so there's enough time to wait for impressions. And yes, I will never let this issue go :D

42 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I enjoyed my time with 3D World but I don't think I have any interest in going back to it.

Yep, same here. It’s a fantastic game but I have no desire to replay it, and if I did I would just do so on Wii U.

Bowser’s Fury will have to have A LOT of content (and be available from the start) to even get me thinking about picking this up.

According to GameXplain this game will have Online co-op which is pretty huge as it was something a lot of people expected the original Wii U release to have.

I'm glad they've added more then just an extra character. I'll actually buy this game again for whatever Bowser's Fury is. I misread the date in the Direct though and wrongly thought it would be out in December. I wish it was.

Edited by Helmsly

6 hours ago, drahkon said:

Interesting.

Yeah... about that...

Good luck with keeping track of pixel-level & frame-level accuracy with 4 characters interacting with each other in an online platformer.  You’re about to find out why they didn’t bother with online play originally.

Edited by Dcubed

Right, just finished rewatching the Direct, so if you notice me bumping all of the threads for the games...that's why :p

Only heard great things about 3D World having not played it before, and it looks fantastic. Bowser's Fury sounds like a reason to be excited, glad there's some extra content there for fans of the game already around. 

Will definitely be picking this up!

53 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Super-Mario-3D-world-amiibo.jpg

The textures on the cat suits are making me feel super uncomfortable. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Oh SHIT! I just realised...

Bowser's Fury means that WE MIGHT WELL SEE WART MAKE A COMEBACK!!!!!!!!!!!

image09.jpg

Now in HD... again!

Yes! Calling it now.  Bowser's Fury will be about you playing as Bowser to get back at Wart for putting him to sleep and taking over his dreams of taking over the Mushroom Kingdom!

Then Wart will be added into Smash Bros Ultimate shortly after the game's release!

SM3DW+BF will be all about righting the wrongs of the original Wii U game's release!  And Switch will be remembered as The Wart Console! :D 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

So, which one of them is Bowser's Furry?

I’d say Peach obviously, but he’s overly obsessed with Mario sometimes. 

Have the game preordered and I’ll be getting the amiibo too.