NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros.

Is it even a Game & Watch without the LCD screen style choppy gameplay?

So bizarre...

• Thanks 1

It's up on the UK Store!

£44.99. Managed to talk myself down from that ledge: looks awesome and like it will be worth a lot in years to come, but doubt I'd play with it for more than an hour. 

EDIT: someone else please talk me down from this ledge because my finger is hovering over pre-order!

Edited by Julius
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Julius said:

It's up on the UK Store!

£44.99. Managed to talk myself down from that ledge: looks awesome and like it will be worth a lot in years to come, but doubt I'd play with it for more than an hour. 

EDIT: someone else please talk me down from this ledge because my finger is hovering over pre-order!

I'm clearly not as strong as you, just pre-ordered :cry:

I put it down to needing to know what those 35 little surprises are.

24 minutes ago, Julius said:

How many handheld versions of SMB do you have?

17 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

How many handheld versions of SMB do you have?

Zero. Saying that makes it more tempting. 

Why are you doing this to me Glen?! :cry:

8 minutes ago, Julius said:

Zero. Saying that makes it more tempting. 

Why are you doing this to me Glen?! :cry:

Oh wow, I thought you'd have at least one! Woopsies!

You can get SMB and Lost Levels way cheaper on a 3DS.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Oh wow, I thought you'd have at least one! Woopsies!

You can get SMB and Lost Levels way cheaper on a 3DS.

I was only thinking in terms of pure handheld experiences for some reason, I guess I've got them on my Switch as part of NES Online? :laughing:

Think I might have just shown how little I play in handheld...

What a cool surprise. I absolutely don’t need it & have played those games in handheld form on 3DS and GameBoy (unlike @Julius), but from a collectors standpoint it’s leaping out at me!

Want? Yes

Need? No

Bought? Not yet...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bob said:

Oh look, it's that one game being released again.

It’s not really a game release, so much as it’s the release of a really cool piece of merch.

• Like 1

Add this to the Lego NES as "I don't understand the appeal" for me but clearly many others will.

Although that juggling Mario head on the body will haunt me until the day I die. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Got my order in. Imagine I will actually play it very little, but I think it’s a really nice thing to have and really not too expensive. Will probably end up being a clock on my work desk.

The more I think about this one the weirder I find it. I mean, it's Mario's anniversary, but why choose the Game & Watch as a form factor for this game? Why only throw in SMB and the Lost Levels, but not SMB2 or SMB3? Why not make a mini Game Boy with the Mario titles? Why make the juggle game black and white while the original Mario the Juggler was in colour? And what about other G&W games Mario starred in? Are they one of the 35 surprises? And the clock mixing 8 bit Mario with 16 bit Yoshi also feels wrong. So many questions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cube said:

Are the 35 surprises in the game or just part of the clock?

I took it to mean their were 35 transitions for the clock - could be wrong on that though.

38 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

The more I think about this one the weirder I find it. I mean, it's Mario's anniversary, but why choose the Game & Watch as a form factor for this game? Why only throw in SMB and the Lost Levels, but not SMB2 or SMB3? Why not make a mini Game Boy with the Mario titles? Why make the juggle game black and white while the original Mario the Juggler was in colour? And what about other G&W games Mario starred in? Are they one of the 35 surprises? And the clock mixing 8 bit Mario with 16 bit Yoshi also feels wrong. So many questions. 

nintendo-f02c106429.jpg

• Haha 4

I don't think I'd play much Mario but I'm damn tempted to get this as a clock.

Got mine in yesterday. I spent a good ten minutes just looking at the box. Then an hour or so of playing ball. I got around to giving mario 1 and 2 a shot eventually.

I also like when the clock ticks over to an o'clock and he starts hitting a coin block however many times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, martinist said:

Got mine in yesterday. I spent a good ten minutes just looking at the box. Then an hour or so of playing ball. I got around to giving mario 1 and 2 a shot eventually.

I also like when the clock ticks over to an o'clock and he starts hitting a coin block however many times.

Must not impulse buy. I do love things like this but I don’t necessarily need this or think I’ll play it much so must resist for now. 
Glad to hear people are enjoying it though. 

It's got a very nice crisp screen on it.  Much better than I expected.  I wonder what the resolution is on it, I googled but can't find anything.

Sign in to follow this