NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Xbox Game Pass (Console & PC)

Took advantage of the 3 months for £1 offer.

Recommend me some Xbox One exclusives to play.

Currently playing through Gears 5.

Thinking Halo 5 after that.

11 minutes ago, lostmario said:

Hook up with the guys on here and play Sea of Thieves. Not sure what is on the service at the moment but the Ori games, Gears Tactics and Quantum Break and probably worth a look. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The Messenger and Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair.

Forgot about Yooka Laylee, was going to pick that up on the PS4 at some point.

Regarding online games, I tend to be playing in short spurts at the moment so not ideal for me.

@lostmario...

• Yakuza Zero
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2
  • Yakuza 3 Remastered
  • Yakuza 4 Remastered
  • Yakuza 5 Remastered

and next month...

• Yakuza 6

;) 

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, lostmario said:

As @Hero-of-Time suggested, the Ori games are well worth a look, wonderful titles! 

And as he also suggested, if you fancy sailing the Sea of Thieves I'd recommend doing the maiden voyage tutorial to see what you think of the mechanics and world and if you like it we could try and arrange another night@RedShelland @cube?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That picture right there shows exactly why the aquisition of Bethesda had zero effect on me. Every single one of those franchises shown means very little to me. Get some big exclusive Japanese games on the service and then they'll have my attention.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

That picture right there shows exactly why the aquisition of Bethesda had zero effect on me.

While I will miss whatever will happen to Prey and Dishonored (I will be able to play Deathloop so that's awesome) the rest I can really live without. ::shrug:

Edited by drahkon

Bethesda have just fallen so far in the last few years that I can’t bring myself to care about not being able to play their games anymore on a Sony console. It’s a shame as I have fond memories of the time spent on some of their older games but they just aren’t the same company anymore.

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

Bethesda have just fallen so far in the last few years that I can’t bring myself to care about not being able to play their games anymore on a Sony console. It’s a shame as I have fond memories of the time spent on some of their older games but they just aren’t the same company anymore.

Perhaps with a little guidance from Microsoft they can return to form? 

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Microsoft aren't really a company I would trust to do that either.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Get some big exclusive Japanese games on the service and then they'll have my attention.

To be fair, they have quite a few of those too (Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Yakuza etc.) you've just played 'em all already. :grin:

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Microsoft aren't really a company I would trust to do that either.

You make a good point. A lot of Microsoft's own teams aren't exactly firing on all cylinders at the moment, hence this kind acquisition needing to take place in the first place.

I'm quite happy to sit on the sidelines and see how all this plays out for MS. 

I think MS just aren’t going in a direction that’s for me. Their exclusives haven’t wowed me in years but I keep an eye on them for anything I might like but gamepass never works for me. I’ve said before but with so many games available at once and none that I’ve specifically paid for I just find it hard to stick with and bounce around too much between titles. It’s the kind of service I would like to see for retro games but current ones I’ll just stick to buying outright.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedShell said:

To be fair, they have quite a few of those too (Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Yakuza etc.) you've just played 'em all already. :grin:

As you pointed out, they are all old games. It's the same issue I have with Switch ports by third parties. They are games I've played ages ago.

If MS were to secure exclusive Japanese developed games then I'd have to pick up their console but I can't see Japanese publishers/developers wanting to play ball. The Xbox may as well not exist over there. Saying that, PlayStation is pretty much heading that way as well. RIP dedicated home console market.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I think MS just aren’t going in a direction that’s for me. 

Sadly, that's where I'm at with them now.

It's such a shame how they've turned out. They were a formidable force in the 360 generation. Great first party games, exciting online features, clean UI, exclusive Japanese titles and very strong western third party support. It was probably my most played console that generation. Now? It seems to be Game Pass and that's it.

I really wouldn't trust Microsoft to help in this regard, rather have the opposite effect. Most of the studios Microsoft acquire don't go on to get better.

That's quite a flex from Microsoft.  

Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Doom... those are some of the biggest franchises in gaming to a lot of people.

Mind-blowing get to an already mind-blowing service

14 minutes ago, Sheikah said:
43 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I really wouldn't trust Microsoft to help in this regard, rather have the opposite effect. Most of the studios Microsoft acquire don't go on to get better.

To be honest I can't really remember everyone who they've acquired over the past few years. Ninja Theory was a big get for Microsoft but we've yet to see how things will pan out with them. The online only game they put out died a quick death but that was in development before they became part of the Microsoft family. 

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

To be honest I can't really remember everyone who they've acquired over the past few years. Ninja Theory was a big get for Microsoft but we've yet to see how things will pan out with them. The online only game they put out died a quick death but that was in development before they became part of the Microsoft family. 

Microsoft also acquired the Men in Black a few years ago and have been flashything....ing people whenever something goes wrong. It’s why only a few of us remember the Crackdown 3 or ReCore debacles.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

As you pointed out, they are all old games. It's the same issue I have with Switch ports by third parties. They are games I've played ages ago.

If MS were to secure exclusive Japanese developed games then I'd have to pick up their console but I can't see Japanese publishers/developers wanting to play ball. The Xbox may as well not exist over there. Saying that, PlayStation is pretty much heading that way as well. RIP dedicated home console market.

They’re making some pretty good strides with securing new titles in the past couple of years.  They got PSO2 localised and released exclusively for Xbox in the west, they got timed exclusivity on Yakuza LAD and they got Dragon Quest 11s on Gamepass on day 1 of its PS4 & Xbone launch.

They also got Tetris Effect Connected as an exclusive launch title for Series X as well (Granted, not a 100% new game; but the multiplayer component is indeed new). , and they now have Tango Gameworks under their belt as well.

There’s a definite sea change on the Japanese support front in general these past few years; and things are definitely looking good going forward :) 

Edited by Dcubed

12 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

They’re making some pretty good strides with securing new titles in the past couple of years.  They got PSO2 localised and released exclusively for Xbox in the west, they got timed exclusivity on Yakuza LAD and they got Dragon Quest 11s on Gamepass on day 1 of its PS4 & Xbone launch.

They also got Tetris Effect Connected as an exclusive launch title for Series X as well (Granted, not a 100% new game; but the multiplayer component is indeed new). , and they now have Tango Gameworks under their belt as well.

There’s a definite sea change on the Japanese support front in general these past few years; and things are definitely looking good going forward :) 

It makes no difference to me though if it's the same day as another console or if it's on Game Pass. 9 times out of 10 I'll choose a physical copy and game ownership over Game Pass and if I can get the game on an ecosystem that I prefer then I'll go there. If they want me back on board then I want true Japanese exclusives from them. This generation seen the likes of Tales, Yakuza, Trials, DQ and FF all hitting PS4 first and remaining exclusive for most the generation. That's the kind of support i'm looking for. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It makes no difference to me though if it's the same day as another console or if it's on Game Pass. 9 times out of 10 I'll choose a physical copy and game ownership over Game Pass and if I can get the game on an ecosystem that I prefer then I'll go there. If they want me back on board then I want true Japanese exclusives from them. This generation seen the likes of Tales, Yakuza, Trials, DQ and FF all hitting PS4 first and remaining exclusive for most the generation. That's the kind of support i'm looking for. 

All those games I mentioned (aside from DQ11s) are exclusive to Xbox (or in the case of Yakuza LAD; hit the XBox first).  And they're now getting most of the big heavy hitting Japanese games at the same time as PS4/5 (not quite everything yet, but it's a big step forward regardless).

You definitely wouldn't have seen that even just a couple of years ago; let alone back at the start of the previous generation.

Edited by Dcubed

Sign in to follow this