NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Xbox Game Pass (Console & PC)

21 minutes ago, Ike said:

Not as far as you, but same. I feel like the characters know what's going on but it doesn't explain it to the player. Can sorta guess what's going on though.

Yeah I think it’s supposed to be that way. Glad I stick with it as the first hour or so I was really not sure. 
Enjoying it now way more than I thought I would. 

Played this pretty much all day (between eating and bits of work etc). It’s an amazing game. Just reached the Black Rocky Quarry which is an impressive setting. 
Don’t even think I’m half way through yet but it’s been great so far. 👍🏼

• Like 1

I made a start on Control last night, happy to go along with the WTF vibe at the start along with everyone else 😂 I could never really get into Alan Wake but I loved Quantum Break so I'll definitely be sticking with this to see where the story takes me.

Yooka Laylee and Call of the Sea on the horizon too on Game Pass this coming week or so, might even take a break from Sea of Thieves at this rate 🙈

• Like 1

Finally bit the bullet and bought the 3 year Live Gold membership and converted it to Game Pass Ultimate for £1. Happy to be part of the club! There are a few games I've had my eyes on for quite a while, so I'm ready to dive in! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I made a start on Control last night, happy to go along with the WTF vibe at the start along with everyone else 😂 I could never really get into Alan Wake but I loved Quantum Break so I'll definitely be sticking with this to see where the story takes me.

Yooka Laylee and Call of the Sea on the horizon too on Game Pass this coming week or so, might even take a break from Sea of Thieves at this rate 🙈

Yooka Laylee is absolutely fantastic. One of the best games in the genre IMO. 
Can’t wait to play it again. 

Ps5 is gathering dust over here with all these games. Haven’t touched it since I finished Spider-Man. 😬

• Like 2

Happy to see people enjoying Gamepass. It's been a fantastic couple of weeks for the service and sure, the launch of the Series S|X didn't come with that blockbuster title but Gamepass has put out a strong lineup of titles on console that I'd say has more than made up for it.

Personally, I've been enjoying jumping back into Destiny 2 with the Beyond Light expansion. I've played far more of that than I thought I would but really been enjoying jumping in and doing my bounties, strikes and crucible content. Not touched the raid, nor am I likely to, but its been a lot of fun playing it again as the gunplay is still fantastic. The next gen update comes out this week so think I'll check it out (on my PS5 as I don't have a Series console).

Also dabbled with both Star Renegades and Gears Tactics. Its been a good year for strategy games (Desperados 3 is also a superb games that worth a shot) and these two are both great from what I've played so far. I'm particularly impressed with Gears Tactics. I've played all the Gears titles and never been too bothered for them (though I do think Gears 5 has been the one I've enjoyed the most. I know, that's probably heresy amongst the series fans) but there's something about Tactics that's hooking me. The production values are fantastic and its just a really well playing strategy game. Well worth a shot if you enjoyed Xcom.

I have been wishing that Crusader Kings 3 would come to XCloud as I'd love to play it. My PC definitely won't run it and with it being on Gamepass for PC I had hoped but I don't think it supports a controller sadly so looks to be out of the question. Hopefully they'll allow XCloud usage on a PC soon enough, like Amazon Luna, Stadia and GeForce Now.

Looking forward to trying Call of the Sea. Do like a good first person puzzle game and its been a while since I've had one to play so fingers crossed it turns out to be a good one.

• Like 1

I won't be renewing Game Pass later this month when it runs out. Unfortunately my views on it haven't really changed since using it again. It's an amazing value service but because I don't buy the games myself I just don't put in as much effort or time as I would a properly purchased game.

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

It's an amazing value service but because I don't buy the games myself I just don't put in as much effort or time as I would a properly purchased game.

I had a similar experience with Steam years ago. I accumulated loads of great games going dirt cheap in their sales, but found I had very little motivation to play any of them.

Oh yeah definitely, I've got around 700 games in my Steam library and barely played so many of them :cry:

• Weird 1

Played more Control today. There are some real difficulty spikes with this game that kind of appear out of nowhere. I’ve managed to get past two of the enemies that I really struggled with and had to retry a number of times. 

Been a great game to play over a weekend though. Hoping to wrap the story up this week then go through the side missions. 

13 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

Played more Control today. There are some real difficulty spikes with this game that kind of appear out of nowhere. I’ve managed to get past two of the enemies that I really struggled with and had to retry a number of times. 

Been a great game to play over a weekend though. Hoping to wrap the story up this week then go through the side missions. 

I've been really excited to play Control since joining, but it looks like it's only available for consoles, not PC :( I hope it comes to PC some time soon, it would be a great game to test my new RTX graphics card with ray-tracing on. And it looks bonkers too, so I hate to miss out on a good story :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cube said:

If you haven't subscribed to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate before, you can get three months for £1:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-game-pass-ultimate/CFQ7TTC0KHS0/

@RedShell as you've subscribed to the PC Game Pass, you should be able to get this deal. I just did. 

Thanks a lot for the tip. :) Ultimate is kinda pointless for me really, seeing as I don’t have a Microsoft console, but £1 to get three months of PC Game Pass again is a no-brainer!

Any idea how long this deal is around for?

5 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Any idea how long this deal is around for?

No idea how long its available for. It has some DLC for some games (can't find out what), 30 days of Disney+ and you can play some games on Android via streaming.

23 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

it would be a great game to test my new RTX graphics card with ray-tracing on

There’s a Wolfenstein game on there that also has ray-tracing and I’m guessing it’s permanently available now after the Bethesda acquisition.

2 minutes ago, Cube said:

No idea how long its available for. It has some DLC for some games (can't find out what), 30 days of Disney+ and you can play some games on Android via streaming.

Cool.

I suppose I should grab it soon, even though it’s unlikely I’d be using it much this month. :hmm: 

I had one viewer then...if it was as any of you apologies I've had to go, my girlfriend isn't well so got to go and pick her up 🤦‍♂️ hopefully I'll be back on within the hour 🤷‍♂️

Managed to regain my 1 viewer when I restarted 😎

Interesting game, Call of the Sea! Just puzzles, most fairly basic with a few head scratchers that took me a little while, but lots of intrigue and story that's around the main game; if you go looking for it you can find out alot more about what's going on! 

Just got a little way into chapter 3, I'll probably try and crack on abit further with it all when everyone's gone to bed tonight.

Nearing the end of Control and niggles have started to work their way in which has affected my enjoyment slightly.

The biggest issue is going between control points. The fact the game throws you back to one every time you die is a bit annoying, as when it does so you can be right near the next one and die in the fight trying to clear enemies to activate it. What’s worse though, is that it throws you all the way back and you end up having to clear the same area of enemies all over again when you already did it. 

But sometimes the game is random and doesn’t always respawn enemies and you can have a clear run through. Die again in the same spot though, and the next time they’re everywhere. Bit odd. 
I’m still not sure on the story as in I still don’t know what’s happening haha, but those few things aside I am still liking the game! 

Yeah, I noticed the same issue. I went to the wrong place and was fighting stronger enemies then I should have, so I was dying a lot.

Also I hate the Hiss Charged enemies.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ike said:

Also I hate the Hiss Charged enemies.

Once you get a certain upgrade, Hiss Charged are very useful. 

2 hours ago, Cube said:

Once you get a certain upgrade, Hiss Charged are very useful. 

Is there an easier way to deal with them until then? I keep failing Bureau alert missions because of them.

10 minutes ago, Ike said:

Is there an easier way to deal with them until then? I keep failing Bureau alert missions because of them.

I'm not sure, I got the upgrade quite early (I liked the sound of it so I made it my priority), so I'm not sure if I actually encountered them before.

Spoiler

It's the "grab and throw enemies" upgrade. Shoot one a few times, grab it, throw it at the rest. Explosion will likely leave another with low enough health to grab. 

45 minutes ago, Cube said:

I'm not sure, I got the upgrade quite early (I liked the sound of it so I made it my priority), so I'm not sure if I actually encountered them before.

Very mild upgrade spoilers (Reveal hidden contents)

It's the "grab and throw enemies" upgrade. Shoot one a few times, grab it, throw it at the rest. Explosion will likely leave another with low enough health to grab. 

Ah, I skipped that one, didn't seem that useful. Seems I was wrong. :laughing:

Kinda needed some of the other upgrades though.

Sign in to follow this