NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Xbox Game Pass (Console & PC)

5 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Chance to win a free Xbox Series X this weekend with Sea of Thieves, anyone near pirate legend level at all? 

I'm Gold Hoarders 47, Order of Skulls 36 and Merchant Alliance 30, so I'll be lucky to get everything at 50 ready for the weekend, which you need to be to be in with a chance!

That’s cool.

25 is currently my highest level though, so no free Xbox for me. :heh: 

5 hours ago, Julius said:

EA Play coming to Game Pass Ultimate on November 10th. 

And December for PC:

I’m noticing a bit of a concerning trend with Game Pass between console and PC... :blank:

Its been a pretty good couple of weeks for Gamepass for bigger and smaller indie titles. Doom Eternal and Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition are great additions as are the likes of Katana Zero, Scourgebringer, Gonner 2 and Supraland.

And plenty more indie games coming this week and next. They've just announced the following games coming this and next week:

- Carto (October 27th)

- Unruly Heroes (October 29th)

- Celeste (November 5th)

- Eastshade (November 5th)

- Knights and Bikes (November 5th)

Obviously there's more games than that but still, as someone who loves playing a wide range of indie games I'm swimming in stuff to play at the moment. I was worried I'd be burnt out on open world action adventure/ARPG games prior to next gen coming (currently playing through Kingdoms of Amalur Re-Reckoning and have AC Valhalla pre-ordered and don't really want to burn out before I play the latter) but with all these indie games, some of which I've missed out on up till now, I'll have plenty to keep me going.

Then of course there'll be additions on November 10th with the release of the new consoles, like Tetris Effect Connected and Gears Tactics and EA Play (I can't wait to jump on Bad Company 2 and replay that as it was so good back in the 360 days).

Gamepass really is giving me plenty of reasons to turn on a play at the moment in the lead up to next gen.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order coming to Game Pass Ultimate on 10th November to coincide with the Series X | S launch. 

Solid addition! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Julius said:

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order coming to Game Pass Ultimate on 10th November to coincide with the Series X | S launch. 

Solid addition! 

Omg I nearly bought this a few months back! 
That is a good addition! 

EA Play games, Tetris Effect Connected and Gears Tactics are all available now on Gamepass on Xbox (which ever console you have). Looks like both Star Ware Jedi: Fallen Order and Planet Coaster will join later today alongside Destiny: Beyond Light launching into Gamepass at around 6pm UK time.

Might not be the best launch lineup for the Series S|X consoles but Gamepass is certainly going to give a lot to play for anyone picking up.

I'm not grabbing a new console but I've already got Gears Tactics and Bad Company 2 downloaded, have Dead Space 2 downloading and have a couple other things queued up. Got a flat viewing today and probably some packing but if I get some time later on, I've got plenty of new stuff courtesy of Gamepass to play.

Edit: Tetris Effect Connected reminds me of why I hate the d-pad on the Xbox One controller. God damn does it suck. Game is still amazing but having to use that chappy d-pad really isn't the best way to play it. I hope the d-pad on the Series S|X controller is better.

Edited by Ganepark32

Do what's the best deal for Game Pass?

Amazon gave me discount code for Game Pass Ultimate for 3 months. Should I sign up and get the first month for £1 then use the code from the Amazon voucher at the end of the first month?

Not really planning on paying every month at the moment so not sure if getting the £1 deal is a good idea, unless you can cancel?

32 minutes ago, Ike said:

Amazon gave me discount code for Game Pass Ultimate for 3 months. Should I sign up and get the first month for £1 then use the code from the Amazon voucher at the end of the first month?

Not really planning on paying every month at the moment so not sure if getting the £1 deal is a good idea, unless you can cancel?

You're never tied in to a year or anything like that, it's done on a month by month basis, so you can cancel at any time if you just want to see what's going on with it at that discounted price 👍

• Thanks 1

Yeah, cancelling is easy. I did a 3 month trial (that I got with my PC) and then did the £1 month offer afterwards.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ike said:

The best long-term plan is to buy 12-36 months of Xbox Live Gold and then do the £1 upgrade offer (which is one time only deal).  It's, by far, the cheapest way of stocking up Game Pass.

Otherwise? Your plan is probably the best one.

38 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

The best long-term plan is to buy 12-36 months of Xbox Live Gold and then do the £1 upgrade offer (which is one time only deal).  It's, by far, the cheapest way of stocking up Game Pass.

Otherwise? Your plan is probably the best one.

Ooh, that one sounds interesting, will probably only go for a year though.

7 minutes ago, Ike said:

Ooh, that one sounds interesting, will probably only go for a year though.

I got three years worth of Game Pass Ultimate for £121 using that method.

Literally highway robbery lol!

Playing Tell Me Why on Game Pass currently. Enjoying it, but finding the characters are a bit hard to like. Lol. 

The way they keep bleating on about Mary Anne. Story does seem to be picking up now though which is good! 

Currently working through ‘A Way Out’ with @LegoMan1031 (formerly Mike1988uk) and we are both enjoying it! 
Story is interesting, likeable characters, gameplay mechanics are decent enough. 
We have had this game on our radar for ages, and finally got round to starting it last week. 
Can recommend! 

• Like 2

Currently working through ‘A Way Out’ with [mention=2608]LegoMan1031[/mention] (formerly Mike1988uk) and we are both enjoying it! 
Story is interesting, likeable characters, gameplay mechanics are decent enough. 
We have had this game on our radar for ages, and finally got round to starting it last week. 
Can recommend! 
Yeah and some of the distance graphics have surprised me! Very nice looking.

Some of the character animations like running is a bit iffy though
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, LegoMan1031 said:

Yeah and some of the distance graphics have surprised me! Very nice looking.

Some of the character animations like running is a bit iffy though emoji23.png

Haha I noticed that last night but didn’t mention it. You must have thought it on the same section as me. Very iffy. 

• Like 1

Internet sleuths who know better than me suggest this hints at Control coming to game pass this month.

Haven't played it yet, loved Quantum Break...I'd be delighted if this was the case!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

confirmation of Control, happy to see Yooka Laylee on there too! Played it on the Switch (got to the impossible lair but never really gave it a proper go) but love to go back on it to get some achievements 😎

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Thanks for the heads up. :) 

I’m now going to wait until next year to resubscribe and play it though, as I’m still enjoying the end-game content in Yakuza Like a Dragon, and then want to get fully immersed in Cyberpunk 2077 next week! :bouncy:

• Like 1

That’s good it’s coming tomorrow, I’ve only got a few weeks left on my sub and I was hoping to use Doom Eternal to test my new laptop. Saves me having to buy it.

Downloaded Control and have only played about two hours so far. 
It is the weirdest game I’ve ever played and I have absolutely no idea what the f*** is going on. 

• Like 2

Had fun trying to get Doom Eternal on pc running this morning. For some reason when you try to sign into Bethesda to link your account it boots you back out to Windows to use some stupid Xbox text box with no labels that does nothing. Ended up having to go to Bethesda's website and linking my accounts there to bypass it.

• Weird 1

2 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

It is the weirdest game I’ve ever played and I have absolutely no idea what the f*** is going on. 

Having said that, a few more hours in and I’m actually really enjoying the game. 
Still don’t know what’s happening, but who cares when it’s so much fun to play! 

Downloaded ‘A Plague Tale: Innocence’, to start once Control is wrapped up. Had my eye on that one for a while. 

2 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

Not as far as you, but same. I feel like the characters know what's going on but it doesn't explain it to the player. Can sorta guess what's going on though.

Sign in to follow this