NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

"I didn't prepare anything" Mafia Sign-Ups

Right people we need numbers. Tomorrow (29/9) 19:30 - 20:30 GMT we'll be playing Among Us, which is basically Mafia/Warewolf, but digitized. I've never played it before so don't be afraid if you are a noob. Confirm to me here or in the Among Us thread (linked above) if you would like to join.

@Sméagol where you at with this? Not pushing but I gotta say it got my mind working again and I yesterday hit an idea I'd love to try - don't wanna take wind from ye sails and steal all the crew but if you want a bit of time and don't mind I've been scratching some ideas for one I might try running.

Obvs loose and dynamic atm so not likely to start tmw(and I'ma probs do some more reachout to old mafia guys too see if they'll come back) and I suck on the creative side for writeups(as my theme will maybe illustrate lol) - but I don't wanna steal any pre-emptive thunder or burn folks out before this!

On 28/09/2020 at 3:30 PM, LazyBoy said:

Right people we need numbers. Tomorrow (29/9) 19:30 - 20:30 GMT we'll be playing Among Us, which is basically Mafia/Warewolf, but digitized. I've never played it before so don't be afraid if you are a noob. Confirm to me here or in the Among Us thread (linked above) if you would like to join.

Is this game free?

There's a free version with ads on mobile - otherwise about 4 euros on steam or add free on mobile.

14 hours ago, Rummy said:

@Sméagol where you at with this? Not pushing but I gotta say it got my mind working again and I yesterday hit an idea I'd love to try - don't wanna take wind from ye sails and steal all the crew but if you want a bit of time and don't mind I've been scratching some ideas for one I might try running.

Obvs loose and dynamic atm so not likely to start tmw(and I'ma probs do some more reachout to old mafia guys too see if they'll come back) and I suck on the creative side for writeups(as my theme will maybe illustrate lol) - but I don't wanna steal any pre-emptive thunder or burn folks out before this!

I'm sure most of us would be happy to play in two running at the same time tbh @Rummy :grin:

Yeah sorry guys, I should have posted this earlier, but I'm infrequently online (or at least on sites like these) last few weeks. Because my computer is dead. Not sure what I'm going to do about it, and when. I'm posting this from my raspberry pi, which I love, but it's not a desktop replacement, and it cries when I have more than 3 tabs open, so I can't imagine modding a game being a comfortable experience in these circumstances. So I'm postponing it indefinitely.

Funny enough I was actually going to use my pi, to host custom forums for the mafia members, as a challenge and exercise for myself, as I totally forgot how we dealt with that "back in the day" (on mafiascum where I went afterwards it's integrated in the main forums), but I'm not quite ready to use it to this extent.

12 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Funny enough I was actually going to use my pi, to host custom forums for the mafia members, as a challenge and exercise for myself, as I totally forgot how we dealt with that "back in the day" (on mafiascum where I went afterwards it's integrated in the main forums), but I'm not quite ready to use it to this extent.

Ironically I realised the same dilemma re: mafia side talk - I think generally folks tended to setup throwaway .tk forums and stuff back in the day I think? I'm not sure whats still out there but I'm thinking surely a discord can be worked out? I've only really joined Discords so far but surely a protected discussion can be made?

9 hours ago, Rummy said:

Ironically I realised the same dilemma re: mafia side talk - I think generally folks tended to setup throwaway .tk forums and stuff back in the day I think? I'm not sure whats still out there but I'm thinking surely a discord can be worked out? I've only really joined Discords so far but surely a protected discussion can be made?

I've googled it, and I'm pretty sure I've used proboards for all the mafia games I've hosted and played. And while I've never set up a discord server, I'm pretty sure it would work for mafia talk. So that's not a problem. But like I said, it's a useful exercise for me, and another excuse to use my pi. I've actually already made a mafia forum in the past. Game logic wasn't implemented apart from voting, and it was also missing some basic forum features, but was far more complete than what I had for this, which was extremely basic. But those files are on my dead computer, so I can't currently access them. Anyway. Doesn't change the fact that my computer is dead.

Sign in to follow this