NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (2022)

Well, guess that's finally confirmed then, after persisting rumours that a multiplayer Suicide Squad was on the way. More info coming at the DC Fandome. 

Now, where's Batman? :D

Edited by Julius

Can't help but feel that they've been handed a bit of a bum deal here...

Hope it works out for them.  A game where you play as the bad guys has a lot of potential to be a lot of fun, but the Suicide Squad brand is a bit rotten right now...

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Hope it works out for them.  A game where you play as the bad guys has a lot of potential to be a lot of fun, but the Suicide Squad brand is a bit rotten right now...

Is it though? The film still did reasonably well, there's another version coming out, comics still going. 

Sure some DC fans may be, but overall I think the brand is in an okay position. 

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

The game will likely coincide with the hype from James Gunn's film, which will probably have a big reveal on the same day this game is announced.

Yeah I think it’ll do fine. The movie was crap but the next one has a lot of buzz thanks to James Gunn and the comic has always been popular.

• Like 1

DC Fandome schedule is up, game will be titled Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. 

EfYhsx0XkAA7LJx?format=png&name=small

Really great trailer, would totally watch that as a movie. It seems to be either inspired by or set in the Injustice universe which is cool, it's going to be exciting following this game, though it's still far into the future. 

As previously reported by Schreier, the game has now officially been delayed to Spring 2023:

To be honest, with Gotham Knights aiming to release in October I'm surprised that it took them this long to announce the delay. 

This is ridiculous! It'll be coming out almost EIGHT WHOLE YEARS since Rocksteady's last full game!  What the hell happened during this game's development!?!?

I can't imagine that it's gonna be successful at this point; what with it launching after two critical & commercially panned Suicide Squad movies now?  Why are WBIE still pushing along with this game at this point!?

Edited by Dcubed

I think they had a cancelled Superman game, plus possibly other cancelled games.

I thought The Suicide Squad was pretty well liked?

40 minutes ago, Cube said:

I think they had a cancelled Superman game, plus possibly other cancelled games.

I thought The Suicide Squad was pretty well liked?

The 2016 movie absolutely was not well received...

The second one in 2021 was also a huge commercial failure... resulting in a ~$20 million LOSS in comparison to its $185 million budget.  And that is against worldwide gross! Its domestic sales (the most important factor, considering that less profit is made on international box office revenue) was a pitiful $56 million!

Cursed franchise is cursed.

Edited by Dcubed

16 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

The 2016 movie absolutely was not well received...

The second one in 2021 was also a huge commercial failure... resulting in a ~$20 million LOSS in comparison to its $185 million budget.  And that is against worldwide gross! Its domestic sales (the most important factor, considering that less profit is made on international box office revenue) was a pitiful $56 million!

Cursed franchise is cursed.

Important to remember that The Suicide Squad was available day and date on HBO Max, this coupled with still being in a pandemic would have had a huge impact on the box office. Critically it was very well received.

Under normal circumstances I think it would have been a success commercially.

5 minutes ago, Eddage said:

Important to remember that The Suicide Squad was available day and date on HBO Max, this coupled with still being in a pandemic would have had a huge impact on the box office. Critically it was very well received.

Under normal circumstances I think it would have been a success commercially.

The original comment also never mentioned commercial success anyway, that was added in later.

Sign in to follow this