Cube

Pikmin 3 Deluxe

I did pick it up, but want to play through the demo first to unlock the higher difficulty but also not sure when I'll get round to playing it.

Thanks for the heads up, @Ike. I was actually hovering over the buy button during the week when I see it was £32. I’m glad I held out! I let one of my mates know about it as well and he’s also picked it up. It’s nice to see Nintendo games go on sale like this. 

I’ve been playing this over the past week or so and it’s been an absolutely joy to revisit the game. It’s nuts to think that the game is nearly 8 years old! 

I was a big fan of the game on the Wii U but I’ve enjoyed this version much more purely because Nintendo decided to add achievements into the game. With the game being pretty short, these extra tasks really gave the game some legs. I had to finish the game on Hard difficulty and then again on the Ultra Spicy difficulty. It still wasn’t too taxing but having less time and only being allowed 60 Pikmin out at the same time added a little bit more strategy to the game. 

On the Wii U release I never bothered with the mission mode or the side stories. There were lots of achievements tied to both of these modes and so I finally played through them. The various missions on offer were great fun and when going for the platinum rank, which is needed for an achievement, it gave me the challenge I was looking for. I imagine most of these can be done much more easily in co-op mode but when playing on your own you really have to manage your resources and time well.

I finally nabbed my last badge/achievement this evening.

EzWURZ6VkAYD93z?format=jpg&name=large

I’m very happy to have picked this up again. It’s such a well crafted game, with gorgeous environments, imaginative bosses and charming characters. I certainly got my money’s worth out of it. Thanks again to Ike for the heads up on the price drop.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3