NEurope
Cube

Pikmin 3 Deluxe

content-4-36309-pikmin3deluxebanner.jpg

Pikmin 3 Deluxe is coming to the Switch

All up on the main page, better late than never. :D (a bit like Nintendo with this port)

Indeed, a port it may be, but it's a port of a fine game and one which I might put more time into on the Switch.

This is great for those who either didn't own a Wii U or missed out on Pikmin entirely.

I think everyone who can, should at least try one Pikmin game out as it really is a very unique and charming series. :smile:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WackerJr said:

I used to often play Pikmin 3 on the gamepad only, which I expect is simply what they’ll do with this port.  It just made the map accessible by pausing as opposed to being readily available on the second screen.  Admittedly the experience was much more enjoyable and fluid with the second screen, but at least it’s still perfectly playable on just the one.

Worth noting that this is exactly what Tokyo Mirage Sessions did. Pressing - pauses the game to put what would have been the Gamepad screen up on the TV. It worked fine, it's not the end of the world, but if you've played the WiiU version, it will feel clumsy in comparison.

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Worth noting that this is exactly what Tokyo Mirage Sessions did. Pressing - pauses the game to put what would have been the Gamepad screen up on the TV. It worked fine, it's not the end of the world, but if you've played the WiiU version, it will feel clumsy in comparison.

To be fair, Pikmin 3 was always originally designed as a single screen experience to begin with (Remember, it was originally in development for the Wii, before it was moved to Wii U).

While it'll be a shame to not have the second screen; it wouldn't be game changing/breaking to not have it here.  The big, major feature with Pikmin 3 was always the Wii Remote Plus controls; and there's no reason why they can't be replicated with the Joycons here.

(They had better have Joycon motion control support here, because the Pro Controller controls are absolutely godawful in this game!)

Edited by Dcubed

Oh nice! They're adding a new Piklopedia to this Deluxe version! :D 

I loved the Piklopedia in Pikmin 2! Fantastic that we're getting one for Pikmin 3 now :D 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Nicktendo said:

Pikmin 3 has been de-listed on the Wii U eShop.

Nintendo are having a laugh.

What a shitty move. Apparently you can't even buy the DLC now, even if you already own the game.

Not getting the Switch version full price. Waiting a few years to get it cheap second hand.

Very scummy from Nintendo, but it'll pay off because people will buy this and Nintendo doesn't give a shit about people complaining (see the Joy-Con drift fiasco).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, drahkon said:

What a shitty move. Apparently you can't even buy the DLC now, even if you already own the game.

Not getting the Switch version full price. Waiting a few years to get it cheap second hand.

Very scummy from Nintendo, but it'll pay off because people will buy this and Nintendo doesn't give a shit about people complaining (see the Joy-Con drift fiasco).

2020 and Nintendo's attitude to stuff like moblie gaming, the Joy-Cons and now this is really starting to turn me off. 

They simply don't give a shit about the 14 million people who actually supported them during the worst period in their history with the Wii U. They had some great games during that period and it was a great little console, but the fact they are using these remakes, not as tentpoles, but as major releases is dumb af. Their pricing is also hilarious and completely disrespectful to the consumer who has continued to support them. They are living in a dream world if they think I'm going to continue to fund this idiocy. I'm voting with my wallet, won't make a difference, but Nintendo have seriously dropped the ball after an amazing start with the Switch. Is Brain Training (for £30 :laughing:really what Switch owners want? 

I hope they get eaten alive in the next gen and that their arrogance and complacency comes back to bite them hard. 

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Nicktendo said:

I hope they get eaten alive in the next gen and that their arrogance and complacency comes back to bite them hard. 

Not going to happen.

Things like these almost never change because people keep giving them money and Nintendo always gets away with it. ::shrug:

• Sad 1

At least those of us who supported them during the Wii U era have got Star Fox Zero, right guys?

Edit:  For clarification now that I've calmed down, I'm not annoyed with them porting these great games to the Switch so more people can play them.  Just that, for us (and I guess that's most of us here), these are re-hashes sold at full retail price.  It leaves a sour taste.

Edited by V. Amoleo

Had a great time with this game on Wii U. I’m pleased a lot more people will be able to enjoy it. I don’t feel compelled to buy it a second time.

1 hour ago, V. Amoleo said:

At least those of us who supported them during the Wii U era have got Star Fox Zero, right guys?

Edit:  For clarification now that I've calmed down, I'm not annoyed with them porting these great games to the Switch so more people can play them.  Just that, for us (and I guess that's most of us here), these are re-hashes sold at full retail price.  It leaves a sour taste.

That's basically been the entierty of the Switch's generation for us Wii U owners really.  Even the "sequels" are basically just glorified ports with extra content (Mario Maker 2.  I love you, but I have to call a spade a spade here); while almost all of the genuine original games were actually cancelled Wii/Wii U titles to begin with (I'm looking at you Luigi's Mansion 3 and Nintendo Labo!).

Switch will end up having basically no legacy to call its own by the end.  It's basically a portable Wii U.

And honestly? I can't really blame them.  I would've done exactly the same thing if I were in their position.  It would be outright stupid to let all those finished games and incredibly expensive assets just languish on a complete failure of a system like Wii U.

The biggest tragedy over the past few years is just how much Nintendo EPD's production capacity has absolutely tanked since the merger between EAD & SPD (which is what has necessaitated this reliance on existing Wii U games and assets to begin with).  This whole merger has been a gargantuan failure; and I'm pinning the blame on Namco for this.

But still? I'm really hungry for a good action adventure game and though I've played Pikmin 3 before? The new content looks promising enough to warrent another purchase for me.  I LOVE Pikmin 3 and the idea of having more of that? I'll yum that up!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well considering the best selling game on the Switch is a full-priced port of a Wii-U game, it's easy to see why they are doing it.

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Switch will end up having basically no legacy to call its own by the end.  It's basically a portable Wii U.

And honestly? I can't really blame them.  I would've done exactly the same thing if I were in their position.  It would be outright stupid to let all those finished games and incredibly expensive assets just languish on a complete failure of a system like Wii U.

The Switch is basically what the Wii U should have been.

I'm glad that the games are being ported and not locked to a less successful, worse console. Each port is another reason to unhook mine, there's just a few left on my list and some VC games which received some enhancements.

Though I agree they should be accompanied by new games, not sure what going on with the whole unified teams thing. Would be interesting to see what a non-covid19 year would have brought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dcubed said:

(Mario Maker 2.  I love you, but I have to call a spade a spade here) 

You could do what Nintendo do and call it a Spade Deluxe..

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Ike said:

The Switch is basically what the Wii U should have been.

I'm glad that the games are being ported and not locked to a less successful, worse console. Each port is another reason to unhook mine, there's just a few left on my list and some VC games which received some enhancements.

Though I agree they should be accompanied by new games, not sure what going on with the whole unified teams thing. Would be interesting to see what a non-covid19 year would have brought.

I agree.  I think it’s right of Nintendo to port the better games from the Wii U.  It gives them a greater audience and I imagine is a good opportunity for their less experienced developers to gain more experience & improve their skill set.

What really frustrates me, like others, is that we only seem to be getting ports & there’s really little on offer to those of us this have supported Nintendo & purchased these great games originally to enable them to keep developing & produce games.  Where’s our reward for sticking with them through their tougher times?  I really hope it’s just the pandemic which has caused these huge gaps and that actually Nintendo are developing some exciting new games & are waiting to reveal them...

I know we got Animal Crossing and a new Paper Mario, but that’s, what, 2 big games in 18 months?  It’s really lacking & hugely disappointing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

I agree.  I think it’s right of Nintendo to port the better games from the Wii U.  It gives them a greater audience and I imagine is a good opportunity for their less experienced developers to gain more experience & improve their skill set.

What really frustrates me, like others, is that we only seem to be getting ports & there’s really little on offer to those of us this have supported Nintendo & purchased these great games originally to enable them to keep developing & produce games.  Where’s our reward for sticking with them through their tougher times?  I really hope it’s just the pandemic which has caused these huge gaps and that actually Nintendo are developing some exciting new games & are waiting to reveal them...

I know we got Animal Crossing and a new Paper Mario, but that’s, what, 2 big games in 18 months?  It’s really lacking & hugely disappointing.

Definitely think all of these great games deserve a second chance, especially Pikmin 3. Hell, give me decent controls and I'd give StarFox Zero a second chance.

The problem is the complete and total lack of new games, not helped by the complete lack of any news. It's always ports of relatively recent games or 1.5 sequels. 

Disappointing doesn't cover it. The Switch has so much promise in 2017... So much :laughing:

I know I sound like a broken record at this point, but I'm fed up.

Hello, my name is Nick. I am a proud member of the (paid) Nintendo Switch beta test community circa 2012-2016This is me, on the left, addressing Nintendo (right) on the question of what (paid) Switch beta testers can look forward to from Nintendo in future Nintendo Switch releases:

FN2BIx3uot1m.gif

No...?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is pretty much how it seems every time Nintendo make any sort of announcement at the moment..

David Brent - Blind Date (Oh For F#ck Sake) GIF | Gfycat

• Haha 3

I'm glad these games get a second lease of life but as someone that owns a Wii U, there is very little incentive for me to purchase it again. Especially when I still have my Wii U set up, and it doesn't even feel that long ago that I was playing it.

I was kinda hoping back when this this game was just a rumour, that it would turn out to be a Pikmin Collection, with remasters of 1 and 2 thrown in with Pikmin 3. Maybe even that 3DS pikmin game on there too. As extras they would of had those little mini-movies that Myaomoto produced back when the Wii U version of 3 was released.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Helmsly said:

I was kinda hoping back when this this game was just a rumour, that it would turn out to be a Pikmin Collection, with remasters of 1 and 2 thrown in with Pikmin 3. Maybe even that 3DS pikmin game on there too. As extras they would of had those little mini-movies that Myaomoto produced back when the Wii U version of 3 was released.

I’ve said it before but I completely agree with this. Really wish it was a full collection - I’d happily pay decent money to get that.

• Like 1

The demo is a good idea (I’m a big fan of putting demoes out to give players a chance to try it out).

I missed the Treehouse gameplay videos today. Did anything else new come out about the game?

And if a demo isn't enough, Nintendo has also put the Pikmin short movies on YouTube (the ones you could buy on the WiiU/3DS):

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 07/10/2020 at 9:31 PM, WackerJr said:

The demo is a good idea (I’m a big fan of putting demoes out to give players a chance to try it out).

I missed the Treehouse gameplay videos today. Did anything else new come out about the game?

The original Wii U version of the game got a demo, so I’m not terribly surprised that they’re doing the same thing here.

BTW, has anyone tried the Switch demo yet? (I don’t have time right now).  How do the motion controls compare to the original Wii motionplus control scheme?

I have, there's basically two versions of the motion controls.  Pointer, just tries to duplicate the Wii Mote pointer, but in my eyes is a bit of a disaster, the amount of recalibration required is crazy.  Every 5 seconds you're pressing the R button to recalibrate.  However, and fortunately, the stick control to line up the majority of the direction, and the gyro used as a fine tuning pointer, works much better.

Part 1 is us playing with the gyro as a pointer.

And Part 2 we changed to the stick, and fine tuning gyro.

• Thanks 1

Anybody else pick this up yesterday?

It’s just as good as it was on the Wii U with the added bonus that it seems to load a lot faster.

Gyro pointer control works fine.  Not as accurate as with the Wiimote for obvious reasons but it’s totally usable.  One slight complaint would be that it’d be good if you could set Joy-Con connected controls separate to unconnected Joy-Con controls.  Gyro pointer works fine when the Joy-Cons are detached but when they’re attached it’s very awkward and it totally disables the cursor movement with the right analogue stick.  So basically similar to what @Londragon above found.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1