NEurope
Cube

Pikmin 3 Deluxe

Better come with all other pikmins.

Haven't watched the video, but the first thing that comes to mind how are they going to convert the second screen feature of the Wii U.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I do wish they would do the whole trilogy, I’d love to play through all of them again. I never managed to finish this one originally so it will still be nice to go through it. Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

Nice, been rumoured for ages! Had a ton of fun with this on Wii U.

How on Earth is this not Pikmin 4 instead?!

They've had long enough for it and Miyamoto has long since said it was being worked on!

Just now, Kav said:

How on Earth is this not Pikmin 4 instead?!

They've had long enough for it and Miyamoto has long since said it was being worked on!

Emily Rogers, one of the few insiders worth listening to, said Pikmin 4 was "rebooted", similar to MP4

• Like 1

I’m glad this game gets a new lease of life on a console with a larger user base. I’ve still got my copy and my Wii U set up so I doubt I’ll buy it myself. Here are the new features added to the switch version of the game: 

2P co-op: Journey through the main story in two player co-op* on the same console!

New adventures: Go it alone or team up with a friend to take on brand new prologue and epilogue stories starring Pikmin and Pikmin 2 heroes Olimar and Louie!

Quality of life improvements: Expand your exploration with an enhanced lock-on targeting system, enemy balancing changes, multiple difficulty modes, optional hints and more.

Piklopedia: Unlock profile entries for each character and find out their unique perspectives on each creature you discover.

If you need a break from your plucky adventure, more fun awaits with returning additional modes. Get competitive with another player in Bingo Battle, or complete unique challenges alone or cooperatively in Mission Mode – which includes all DLC from the Wii U version!

Not enough for me to double dip but pretty good overall. I would rather this has been a Pikmin collection with all three titles in one.

Edited by Helmsly

All DLC included with this as well as new sode story missions. So not simply a straight forward port to the Switch. Most likely gonna play more like the original Pikmin games on the Gamecube. We'll see if they add IR pointer controls as an option.

Been rumoured for the longest time though I'm doubtful it's been in development for the length of time its been rumoured to be coming for (people were talking about it in 2017). Changing the game over to the Switch from the Wii U will have taken time, especially for adapting controls and gameplay and to add the new elements, but I think some of the early rumours of this way back when jumped the gun slightly.

Good to see it come. I loved the first one, I really liked the simplicity of it and the time limit really fit the game. I didn't like the sequel as I thought the expansion of ideas took away from the game somewhat (I realise I'm in the minority there but it is what it is, my opinion). I'd hope this played more like the original in terms of structure but I suspect it'll be more like 2 so probably not something I'll try immediately put the gate.

I wonder if this means Pikmin 3 is the next Nintendo first-party game to be released. Like Paper Mario, its announcement was dropped on Twitter with no advance notice. But this game has almost three months until it launches, instead of two. It would be pretty disappointing if nothing else was coming before then.

Perhaps it will be the filling in a Mario-Pikmin 3-Mario sandwich?

43 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Never played a Pikmin game so I'm fine with a port.

Jealous of you not having played this AMAZING game. I'll definitely be skipping though. Bought it for Wii U along with everyone else who stuck with Nintendo during that console. Now being faced with dropping another 50 bones on a game I already own, no doubt with worse controls. Coming out in October and up for preload already. Big warning sign that Nintendo has nothing big for this year. More ports rumoured, direct still absent...

With every full price port Nintendo release, they push me further away ::shrug:

2017 is never going to be replicated until it's time for Nintendo to actually make an effort. The new consoles can't come soon enough. 

Great stuff. Only played the first one, missed out on the other 2 so very very happy with this.

Pikmin 3 was great on the Wii U but it was really well suited to the two screen setup.  Action on screen controlled using Wiimote for pointer controls and then the map on the gamepad.  It was really fun.  They're quick to mention what's new but this is one of those occasions when we've lost stuff too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Never played a Pikmin game before, seems cosy and don't think there'll be anything dropping around that time which might compete for my time (I'm not big on Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, et al, which are the games that we normally find filling up late October and early November). Big fan of the art style, only really familiar with the series from Smash and having read/heard about it a bunch from other people's love for the series. 

1 hour ago, Tim B said:

I wonder if this means Pikmin 3 is the next Nintendo first-party game to be released. Like Paper Mario, its announcement was dropped on Twitter with no advance notice. But this game has almost three months until it launches, instead of two. It would be pretty disappointing if nothing else was coming before then.

Perhaps it will be the filling in a Mario-Pikmin 3-Mario sandwich?

Yeah, it unfortunately has me thinking the same thing. Don't get me wrong, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade, this and potentially that 3D Mario collection will have made this a great year for me playing my Switch, but it has been a year a bit barren of reasons to be excited, at least for me. I mean, three of the four games I've mentioned there are some form of remaster/port, so I can totally empathise with those like @Nicktendo not wanting to fork out again. 

I doubt we'll ever know just how much COVID affected their plans, and maybe they make up for it next year having held some things back, but some of their decisions, as well as those of third parties - someone want to try explaining to me why Square Enix STILL hasn't brought over the first six Final Fantasy games after the success of Octopath, and after bringing every main game after VI to the Switch, except MMO's and XIII?! (Also yes we're counting XV Pocket Edition :p) Can't believe SE of all companies is leaving money on the table like this - continue to baffle me a bit. Because I think it is a pretty sizeable gap from now until the end of October. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Is Pikmin 3 still based around having a time limit? I really didn't enjoy that about the first game, and never finished it.

1 hour ago, bob said:

Is Pikmin 3 still based around having a time limit? I really didn't enjoy that about the first game, and never finished it.

It does, it's not as clear as it's not a hard time limit, but if you don't collect enough stuff you'll run out of days.

The second one doesn't have it.

it makes sense from a business perspective but as someone that was knee deep in the WiiU, add this to Mario Kart and Donkey Kong to the list of franchises that likely won't get a new entry on Switch because of successful ports :( 

All DLC included is interesting though, there was a special Christmas DLC on WiiU that I really wanted to try but it was only out for a pretty short window so I was never able to download it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to finally know that something is on the way but yeah, another remaster, and another game that I have already played on Wii U. It's a good game but not one I need to replay. 

Only two original games in a year, and both are more or less similar to earlier entries in their respective series. That's crazy. 

• Like 2

About bloody time!! Nintendo have had this kept locked up in their vaults for over a year now!

Expect Super Mario 3D World Deluxe to follow shortly.

2 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Good to finally know that something is on the way but yeah, another remaster, and another game that I have already played on Wii U. It's a good game but not one I need to replay. 

Only two original games in a year, and both are more or less similar to earlier entries in their respective series. That's crazy. 

Welcome to COVID.  Nintendo are only releasing games that were done and finished before the pandemic.  Don’t expect much else for the rest of the year.

34 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Don’t expect much else for the rest of the year.

Apart from the 3D Mario collection and one or two more things I suspect.

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Welcome to COVID.  Nintendo are only releasing games that were done and finished before the pandemic.  Don’t expect much else for the rest of the year.

I mean, realistically, I'm not sure what else would have been on the table for this year? At least from what we know of, maybe I'm missing something. 

Breath of the Wild 2 could well have been targeting the end of this year originally, but I think it's more realistic that it was being lined up for 2021. Metroid Prime 4 wasn't going to be ready this year, neither was Bayonetta 3. Maybe SMTIII HD was delayed out of this year? 

Of course we've got Bravely Default II on the publishing side of things still coming, and though I feel like it's not coming until next year now, I do feel like the worldwide release of Yo-kai Watch 4 could have been targeting the latter half of this year too. 

And then I kind of feel like it's potentially just other ports again? Zelda ports for the 35th Anniversary next year, Metroid Prime Trilogy, etc. Don't get me wrong, I want them, but like I said before, I totally get why some don't want to pay for every remaster of games they already have. Apart from instances like Xenoblade, where the game clearly hadn't had a fair chance before, these shouldn't be tentpole releases, but filler. They certainly shouldn't be making up the bulk of their first party offerings (of course this might continue to be the case due to COVID for a while, but I don't think it impacted this year's plans too drastically). 

It's weird to me thinking about how the Switch was supposed to be the coming together and streamlining of Nintendo's home and portable software development teams, and that Nintendo have quite frankly been their own biggest obstacle to having this be the case.

Retro most likely getting a big project shelved, Metroid Prime 4 having to start from scratch because of not being in the right hands to begin with, Pikmin 4 going MIA, and so on. It's a shame, but I think this road bump in reforming and streamlining their workflow has been the best biggest detriment to the Switch's software thus far. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, viceview51 said:

Better come with all other pikmins.

Haven't watched the video, but the first thing that comes to mind how are they going to convert the second screen feature of the Wii U.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I used to often play Pikmin 3 on the gamepad only, which I expect is simply what they’ll do with this port.  It just made the map accessible by pausing as opposed to being readily available on the second screen.  Admittedly the experience was much more enjoyable and fluid with the second screen, but at least it’s still perfectly playable on just the one.