NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (PC, PS4)

WELL THEN. 2 million copies sold on Steam! 

They've made a great game here. It's not without its issues, many of which we've mentioned already, but above all else it's great fun, and very hard to put down. Absolutely deserved. 
Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Was about to post the tweet. Well deserved :peace:

Spent most of the weekend playing this and it's still so much fun :D

I really want to play this, but i'm not sure it's worth £40...

I guess I could play on Steam, but i want to play it on Ps4.

40 minutes ago, bob said:

I really want to play this, but i'm not sure it's worth £40...

I guess I could play on Steam, but i want to play it on Ps4.

Isn't it 20£?

1 minute ago, Tales said:

Isn't it 20£?

Well it's free if you have PS Plus, but i don't.

I think it's only £16 to buy, but you need PS Plus to play. Having said that, I could buy a month of PS plus instead of a year.Then it's only £6 to play it for a bit...

26 minutes ago, bob said:

Well it's free if you have PS Plus, but i don't.

I think it's only £16 to buy, but you need PS Plus to play. Having said that, I could buy a month of PS plus instead of a year.Then it's only £6 to play it for a bit...

Maybe think of it as buying a year of Plus to get the game, plus a bunch of other games that come with Plus as well. I know Yakuza games often appear on Plus and you're pretty down with those games, right?

Think of it as a lootbox. :laughing:

Also, a neat tip if you just want a cheap sub - you can set up a US PSN account and log in with that on your PS4. US PSN credit is much cheaper. For instance, you can get 12 months of PSN for US accounts for 24 quid here. You can then play the downloaded titles on your original UK PSN account, if you're bothered about the trophies.

Edited by Sheikah

Maybe think of it as buying a year of Plus to get the game, plus a bunch of other games that come with Plus as well. I know Yakuza games often appear on Plus and you're pretty down with those games, right?
Think of it as a lootbox. :laughing:
Also, a neat tip if you just want a cheap sub - you can set up a US PSN account and log in with that on your PS4. US PSN credit is much cheaper. For instance, you can get 12 months of PSN for US accounts for 24 quid here. You can then play the downloaded titles on your original UK PSN account, if you're bothered about the trophies.
You make a compelling argument. I actually bought 1 year for £24 as you suggested, before you edited your comment. But I didn't realise it was a US code.

Gamstat showing that the game had over 8 million players as of Sunday. I've just checked and it's still at the 8.1 million players mark.

Screenshot_2020-08-12_at_15.19.43.png

Not totally accurate and I'm sure there will be slight deviation (give or take 10%) from the actual numbers, but it's still insane. Can't imagine it'll be too long before PlayStation or Mediatonic come out with an official figure, but it looks like that number could still be climbing. 

• Like 1

Well deserved :peace: 

I play a few rounds everyday and it's still always a joy :D Managed to win Hex-a-Gone last night against two friends. We were the last three.
Grabbed one of them, he fell down and screamed at me.
And with some incredible movement on my part I managed to cut of my other mate's path and he had nowhere to go. He also screamed at me :laughing: 

First patch should be out today. It'll add a new final game and fix some issues (but not broken friendships :().

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Surprised how much time I've spent on this since launch. I've hardly touched Ghost of Tsushima this week!

Getting a good handle on the best tactics for each of the rounds. Top tip on Seesaw - jumping parallel to the angle (ie toward the angle) makes you way less likely to slip down. Had a funny game where only me and one other person made it through Slime Climb and ended with that stupid tail game chasing back and forth for a few minutes.

One reason the game really succeeds, I think, is that it's basically a new genre - 'competitive platforming', It seems such an obvious idea but just having platforming / racing combined with multiplayer (and knockout rounds) is such an obviously great fit for gaming.

I'd actually love it it someone took the platformer race knockout premise and made a more kind of 'hardcore' version. Love Fall Guys for what it is (more of a fun party game) but it definitely opens up a bunch of possibilities for similar games going forward.

Am I missing anything? I can't think of any multiplayer platformers that aren't co-op or more arena based (towerfall, for example)

Got my second win and have been close on a fair few other occasions too. It really is so much fun. With the player base as it is they should be adding stages for quite a while to come. Can see this being one of my regular plays for quite a while to come.

• Like 1

Have played this for a few hours today with two mates. I won 12 crowns :D Yes, I'm bragging :p

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Have played this for a few hours today with two mates. I won 12 crowns :D Yes, I'm bragging :p

Now that is impressive! I’ve just managed to get my 4th win. Feeling like a few games I’m really good at, a few I’m OK at, a couple I don’t mind but are down to luck and a couple annoy the hell out of me. Pretty good mix actually. I wish more of my friends played PS4 regularly as I’d love to play this with them.

• Like 1

Ended my Fallguys session yesterday with 20 crowns :D Still haven't gotten the 5 wins in a row, though.

Anyways, won 5 more crowns just now. Had a great Hex-a-Gone final in which I pretty much knocked out the remaining 4 people by planning ahead and executing that plan perfectly. 3 of those people were friends...were, given how much they screamed at me :laughing:

Edited by drahkon

On 8/16/2020 at 1:06 PM, drahkon said:

Still haven't gotten the 5 wins in a row, though.

OemId2t.jpg

dAhmJmq.jpg

:bouncy: And I deserved each and every one of those wins. :p I carried a few team games, I played perfectly in most other rounds and I didn't make a single mistake in either of the 5 finals :D

Phew. Now I can finally play the game.

• Like 4

Pretty cool
That is cool, but they should have said that the highest actual confirmed donation would get the costume, so every 'bid' goes towards the charity.

Nightmare fuel ahead. 

Some context for what you're about to see:

And what a Fall Guy looks like on the inside...

I warned you :p

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

*bump*

Coming to Switch and XBox on June 21. It will become free to play as well, and it will have cross-play between platforms.

Edited by Dufniall
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dufniall said:

*bump*

Coming to Switch and XBox on June 21. It will become free to play as well, and it will have cross-play between platforms.

Man, I really loved playing this for a hot minute there in the middle of that 2020 COVID summer, but I can't help but wonder if they're just too late on striking the iron here? 

I hope it gets a second wind with this, but from what I've come across of it since I put it down, 90% of what I've personally seen of it has been tie-ins with other IP – I don't really have any idea what state the game is in now? 

That 2B skin still gives me nightmares...

Don't really play alot of Fall Guys. More into Rocket League. Might pick this up again when it's released on the PS5 I guess.

Edited by martinist

I’ve got back into this game quite a bit since its relaunch. :D 

There are some crazy costumes available in the current season… Spock, Hatsune Miku and a Xenomorph! :laughing: 
It’s really great how many different IP they manage to get hold of.

Still nothing from Nintendo yet though I see. :blank: I’m guessing if they were going to get anything from them it would’ve coincided with the launch of the Switch version though, so probably not going to happen now, which is a shame. :hmm:

Sign in to follow this