NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
drahkon

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout (PC, PS4)

Do you like Takeshi's Castle? Are you a person who likes to have fun? Is crying in emotional pain your thing? Then Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout is the game for you!
It's free on PS+ and costs 20 bucks on Steam.

Even with the limited time I've spent with it: It's worth every penny :D I spent 10 bucks for a costume pack just to support the devs :peace:

Managed to get 2 wins in a row today, but there's no way I will ever go for the 5 wins in succession :laughing:

Edit: Playing with two friends and the amount of screaming, laughing and crying is insane :D

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Looks really good fun, I’m downloading it now. Hadn’t looked at anything on the PS4 apart from my usual F1 racing but reading all the comments on this I had to get involved.

Still playing this.

Having so much fun :D Can't wait to see how the game improves but even in its current state it's a blast.

Insane numbers. :peace:

Some highlights from a mate and me:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

This game's amazing :laughing:

• Haha 2

A bunch of my mates told me about this game. It's about time we got a fresh take on the Battle Royale genre. I still haven't bought it, but it looks amazing and the next time we're having a game night online, I'll download it and play it. Can't wait :D

And thanks for the clips @drahkon, some of those were hillarious :p How did he even climb the crown instead of winning??

2 hours ago, ArtMediocre said:

How did he even climb the crown instead of winning??

Good question. You actually have to grab the crown, i.e. press and hold R2 before touching it, but this is also used when climbing ledges. Guess the game thought climbing the crown was the better option :D

• Haha 1

Played a few more hours tonight, got up to lvl 15, and finally got that sweet victory. 

EesEeB6WAAE2HFw?format=jpg&name=large

Came super close to another an episode or two later, lost out by a couple of inches. 

Definitely agree with what @drahkon mentioned in the other thread, I think the races are easily the best courses. They all require some weird sense of focused competitiveness and uneasy alliances with the other players, and have the greatest variety of course layouts. 

Tail grabbing and anything to do with rolling a ball around isn't amazingly fun like some of the other stuff, some of the weaker stuff here I think alongside the memorisation game. It's funny because even though there are nearly identical courses for egg and ball hoarding, egg hoarding is much more fun I find, having a smaller and thus more chaotic course helps you feel much more involved too. 

No idea how long I'll keep at it, but it's charm, idea of fun and how quickly you can find other games to jump into it at the moment (I have lost track of the number of times where I've found myself "sure, I'll play one more") have me hooked until at least lvl 20 I feel.

I think this game's biggest potential downfall in the long run, fun as it may be, is that it's overwhelmingly luck which gets you victories, and not player skill. It's a fresh take on battle royale and I'm loving it (and clearly others are too, those numbers drahkon posted are crazy!), but I'm not sure how effectively that might sustain its player base. Still, it's not going anywhere anytime soon, and I'm curious to see what they eventually bring in the second season, whether or not I'm still playing in two month's time. 

• Like 1

This is fantastic fun, we'll see what's it's longevity is but it's up there with Rocket league for insta-fun satisfaction. Came a very close second on my 2nd run, will be going back for more. 

Won 4 episodes in a row yesterday. And then I failed the 5th final :( Heartbreaking...I was so close to get that dreaded trophy. I'm over it, though, because it means that with enough time I could actually get the 5 wins in a row :D But I'll still not actually try going for it. Probably only when I have 3 wins in a row.

Anyways, this game is so much fun.

Don't wanna be in the devs' shoes. I think this weekend will be huge for them with a lot more people joining the fray. They are increasing their server load quite a lot. I'd expect some more maintenance downtimes today. They must be sweating :D

This game is brilliant, exactly the kind of game I would have expected Nintendo to make if they had ever decided to get over their phobia of online. Got my first win on game 5 and was buzzing. 

Anyone fancy arranging an NE session for next week?

1 hour ago, LazyBoy said:

Anyone fancy arranging an NE session for next week?

Would definitely be up for this! If anyone is playing morning or early afternoon this weekend I’m in!

I really want this game but my PS4 is 100 miles away 😭

The game looks like great fun.  I tried a few times last night to join a game, but unfortunately I think I was caught up in the volume of traffic, as I couldn’t get in. 🙁 Still, will try again.

43 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

I tried a few times last night to join a game, but unfortunately I think I was caught up in the volume of traffic, as I couldn’t get in

Yesterday, the servers were down 90% of the time. Apparently there was a huge influx of new players.

Really hope it's smooth sailing today, as I have nothing to do and want to play this a lot :D

• Thanks 1

I've spent about an hour with this and it is great fun. I much prefer the obstacle courses to the football or other games but it's still fantastic.

Definitely up for getting a few games together on N-E. I'm playing on Steam.

I also have the game on Steam.

I plan on streaming it today from about 4pm
My Friend Code: 107460432

Anyone playing on PS4 today?

Just got my second win, invested in the Old timey diving helmet. Look brilliant.

Cheers for the games @LazyBoy :smile:

Ended up playing this for just over an hour or so in the end, it's a game that I'd play more when N-E one who has it on PS4 is playing it, but it's not something I could see myself putting a lot of time into just playing against randoms players.

I can see what it's going for, as a PS Plus game, this will do well but otherwise, I wouldn't have rushed to buy it.

It's in the "Time-Wasters" folder, next to Rocket League, so I'll probably play it again at some point. :p

I almost wish that the "platforming" mechanics were a bit better? But I can't help but think, that's the point of it. There's definitely a certain charm to it but at the same time, it's not a hard game to "get" and you will know whether or not it's your kind of game after just playing a few rounds on it.

Once it has some more updates and the servers are a bit smoother, it'll probably feel a bit better to play, plus if they are going to be changing the different games each season, that'll keep players coming back for certain, but if the main aim is just to win, so that you can exchange those crowns for different gear... that's not really a huge draw for me; though it would be nice to win overall at least once, maybe that'll bring me back to it. :peace:

Right, time to blast through Streets of Rage 4 for the first time on PS4, I need to play something which I know I'm going to get some sense of real enjoyment out of playing, not that Fall Guys isn't enjoyable in its own way but I just can't see myself putting loads of time into it, and at least it got me to play something on the PS4 again, lately I haven't felt much of a drive to play anything much at all, so this is a good thing. :D

Anyway, I'll play it again the next time a few people from here want to play it on the PS4. :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

Anyone playing on PS4 today?

Just got my second win, invested in the Old timey diving helmet. Look brilliant.

9 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Anyway, I'll play it again the next time a few people from here want to play it on the PS4. :)

Just letting you know I also play on PS4. I guess we're not added on PSN. Username is Tahles if you're interested.

Anyway, I'm loving the game. I have seven wins so far.

• Thanks 1

Tried to add everyone posting in here to my PSN friends list, if anyones playing later today will try to join in.

This game is just simple, enjoyable fun.

Great concept to essentially create Takeshi's Castle as a battle royale. Best aspect of the game is how instantly accessible it is, similar to Rocket League.

Think my only gripes with it so far are:

• servers have been up and down (had friends over on Friday night and couldn't show them the game) and some lobbies are smaller than they should be so you occasionally get games where only a small percentage of people are eliminated
  • the music in the menus is a bit obnoxious
  • some of the games are a bit rubbish (e.g. jumping through the hoops)

Let's hope they keep improving it and adding more games to keep it fresh. I'm having fun now but I do wonder how much longevity it will have.

I got it for free from PS Plus, but would say £16 is a fair price. Probably wouldn't recommend it if you intend to only play it by yourself, it's much more enjoyable when playing as a party.

• Thanks 1

One final point, this is the kind of thing I'd want to see from Nintendo if they ever make a "battle royale" style game (for lack of a better expression. If Nintendo took Nintendo Land, Wario Ware or Mario Party and made it 60 player then I have no doubt it would make serious bank.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zell said:

One final point, this is the kind of thing I'd want to see from Nintendo if they ever make a "battle royale" style game

Until Nintendo has a decent online service I don't want to see anything like that from them...

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sign in to follow this