NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

PlayStation State of Play (Thursday 6th August 2020 @ 21:00 BST)

Oh dang, Auto Chess on consoles. That's big. 

Edited by Julius

Just now, Happenstance said:

Not sure how good I’d be at this Pedestrian game but I love the style.

Yeah absolutely agreed, love the look of it. 

I dunno if it was on here but I know someone’s made this point before. The current games PlayStation have been showing lately give a very PS1/PS2 era vibe where they were just happy to have a big variety of games, some very weird and just see what works. I love that we are back to that kind of stuff and it makes me really excited for the next gen.

Don't get me wrong, Godfall needed this deep dive. But I don't think it's showing very well, looks very generic to me. 

5 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I dunno if it was on here but I know someone’s made this point before. The current games PlayStation have been showing lately give a very PS1/PS2 era vibe where they were just happy to have a big variety of games, some very weird and just see what works. I love that we are back to that kind of stuff and it makes me really excited for the next gen.

That's an interesting point, I do feel like PlayStation does offer a good diversity to their indie titles in particular, and I think it's one of the better things about the indie scene in general that older design styles are being revisited. 

I feel like Godfall May interest me if I can play it myself because a lot of the parts actually interest me quite a bit. It just doesn’t seem to demo well though.

The Pathless continues to look great, love the art style and its a given that the soundtrack will be equally as great with Austin Wintory behind it.

Happy to see The Pedestrian coming. Have been eyeing it up on PC for a bit after seeing some gameplay and it intriguing me. Looks great and I'm always up for a good and different puzzle game.

Was not expecting to see the release date for the AWE Expansion for Control. I've been waiting for info for what feels like ages but its now so close and I can't wait to see how they tie both Control and Alan Wake together beyond how they've done so already (I have a theory that Dr. Darling is Alan Wake, beyond being played by the same actor). Can't wait to jump in on August 27th.

Hitman 3 continues to look great. Amazing you'll be able to play in VR.

Didn't need a prolonged gameplay segment of Godfall. I just don't think it looks great. Certainly not to the point to be putting it front and centre for your next gen console.

List of what was shown, let me know if I missed anything:

- Crash 4. 2nd October 2020. 
- Hitman III PSVR, whole Assassination Trilogy playable in PSVR. January 2021. 
- Braid Anniversary Edition (2008-2021...13th Anniversary? Weird, but okay!). Early 2021. 
- The Pathless. Holiday 2021. 
- Spelunky 2. September 15th 2020. 
- Genshin Impact. Autumn 2020.
- Aeon Must Die. 2021. 
- Anno Mutationem. December 2020. 
- Bugsnax. Holiday 2020. 
- Vader Immortal. 25th August 2020. 
- Control: Awe (Expansion 2). 27th August 2020. 
- Auto Chess. 31st October 2020. 
- The Pedestrian. January 2021. 
- Hood: Outlaws & Legends. 2021. 
- TemTem. 2021. 
- Godfall. Holiday 2020. Deep dive. 

Overall, a pretty solid State of Play, I think one of the best paced ones they've had so far not focusing on a particular title like the ones for TLOU2 and Ghost, especially considering the length of it. Those 40 minutes flew by, at least until Godfall showed up. Agree with @Happenstance that it just doesn't seem to demo well, I hope it finds its audience. 

Getting increasingly tempting to pick up a PSVR now Vader Immortal is around the bend, but going to continue trying to hold out until a PSVR2. For now :p 

A couple of missing games here which I found a little odd, like Avengers (why not mention the beta and Spidey exclusivity?) and Mafia Definitive Edition, which both come out next month. Atlus still MIA on bringing Persona 4 Golden to PS4 too, but that was a pie in the sky hope; I was more surprised by the lack of a 13 Sentinels demo, but then maybe these things are being kept until Gamescom or Tokyo Game Show. 

Now that's out of the way, hopefully we get something on the PS5 before the double hitter of DC Fandome and Gamescom rolls around? 

Edited by Julius

I have totally forgot about this while playing Fall Guys :laughing: I'll check everything out once I'm done with "one more round" :p

• Haha 2

Looking at that list @Julius, seems like it was a nice showing. Some weird ones in there but overall pretty good.

Auto Chess, Spelunky 2 and Genshin Impact are the big ones for me. Going to watch some trailers later tonight :)

Pretty major update on Aeon Must Die considering we literally just saw it as part of the State of Play. Testimonials in the linked Dropbox are very concerning. 

Of course, grain of salt, will wait until we have more clarification, etc., but that sounds horrible, and puts this game straight into my 'Avoid' pile. 

Edited by Julius
  • Sad 1

Sign in to follow this