NEurope
Glen-i

46 N-Europe Games Tournament

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

If you need it to be a bit earlier (Like 7:30-ish), that should be fine

8pm start is alright, if the total play time of the game is likely to be 30-45 mins, that'll be OK.

Just that I usually play Sea of Thieves at around 9pm on Friday. (Arrrrg!) ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two skips at the end is the equivalent of being hit by a red going backwards at the finish line.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

Maybe reduce the amount of rounds we play for next time? :p This is getting a little boring, to be honest. 

4 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Maybe reduce the amount of rounds we play for next time? :p This is getting a little boring, to be honest. 

5 is the lowest.

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

5 is the lowest.

I know, but maybe one match with the highest number of rounds would be nicer. Or just two with 5.

That was some quality card chucking there.

Last Card was absolutely ripe for comedy though.

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

OK... guys? That's enough for the second round :D

I'm pretty sure all of us jumped the gun with declaring Last Card at least once, surprisingly easy to do.

Oh, and @Ugh first aid was watching and says this next one was the best moment of the night.

She's right.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'm pretty sure all of us jumped the gun with declaring Last Card at least once, surprisingly easy to do.

I swear to god, the only time it happened to me was because it was lagging like crazy :nono: I pressed the button, it didn't register...but I thought: why not press the button to lay down a card after that? That was a mistake :D

Anyway, I much prefer games like these. The lag isn't too much of a problem and there's at least some strategy involved :)

So, like the first 4-player session, you'll get points for the place you came in each round (4 for 1st, 3 for 2nd, and so on). Person with the most points wins that game and get the 4 points for their table placing.

Last Card

1. @viceview51 - 15 points
  2. @drahkon - 14 points
  3. @S.C.G - 11 points
  4. @Glen-i - 10 points

President

1. @Glen-i - 9 points
  2. @drahkon - 8 points (6 2nds)
  3. @viceview51 - 8 points (2 2nds)
  4. @S.C.G - 5 points

OK, yeah, let me explain. I went to break that tie by looking at the number of times the two of you ended a round of President as the actual President. (The person who got rid of their cards first) You both decided to be awkward and did that 4 times, so I moved to all the 2nd places you got. And that's how I broke the tie.

Got any questions, feel free to ask. Here's the table after 12 games.

nfKknRK.png

• Thanks 1

Time for the next gaming session... I've been dreading this one...

JGBUINe.png

So you like a bit of Chess then, do you?

This week's Game: Chess
This game will be played once.

Bracketing

@viceview51 VS @Glen-i

@drahkon VS @S.C.G

Rules: First Move - Random

Yep, it's Chess. Not Draughts, Poker, Subbuteo, Snakes & Ladders or even Monopoly. It's Chess!

I feel like this is important to point out. 51 Worldwide Games has a series of tutorials on learning how to play Chess. I highly recommend going through them if you're unfamiliar with how it's played. Of course, I'm very smart and am certainly not the kind of peasant who has never played Chess in his life.
There we go, that should throw them off...

I really wanted to use that clip of Holly suggesting games to play while Queeg repeatedly shouts "Chess" at him, but couldn't find it anywhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, viceview51 said:

@Glen-i do you think it's possible to have our sessions earlier in the week?

Umm. I can do Thursday afternoon?

But Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are not possible for me.

13 minutes ago, drahkon said:

@S.C.G I won't be able to make it on Saturday :D

How about Friday night?

Friday night's alright.

8pm? (earlier possibly, but play it by ear)

• Like 1

Just now, S.C.G said:

Friday night's alright.

8pm? (earlier possibly, but play it by ear)

I could do 6pm (UK time)? :)

It's ok - I'll try to join, in the worst case scenario (internet not working) we could reschedule to next week (Friday, 2nd October).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

I could do 6pm (UK time)? :)

6pm will probably work, might be slightly later, see what happens on the day, will keep you posted. :peace:

• Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 6:29 PM, S.C.G said:

6pm will probably work, might be slightly later, see what happens on the day, will keep you posted.

Could you also possibly make Thursday night work? :blush:
I'll be back home at 7pm UK time then and be up for our session.

If you can't make it work, no worries. I'll just meet my friends later on Friday, then :D

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Could you also possibly make Thursday night work? :blush:
I'll be back home at 7pm UK time then and be up for our session.

If you can't make it work, no worries. I'll just meet my friends later on Friday, then :D

Yeah, that could work.

Mario Kart league at 8pm but... I don't think our Chess game will last an hour, I played a few games of it when I first got the collection and typically, the games were decided within a few moves, for all the variations in Chess, a lot of games seem to go a similar way once you get past the opening four moves or so, I've found. :)

I'm not even seriously into Chess, I just used to play it a little bit when I was younger, it'll be great to play a game with you though. :peace:

• Like 1