NEurope
Glen-i

46 N-Europe Games Tournament

@drahkon well, Dot's and Boxes moreorless plays itself, well played though. :)

gonna have to brb for a minute before setting up the next game, will only be a couple of minutes.

• Thanks 1

Just now, S.C.G said:

gonna have to brb for a minute before setting up the next game, will only be a couple of minutes.

No probs, I'll stay in the lobby :)

• Thanks 1

Cheers for the games @drahkon :)

I think this weeks set of games should have been titled... "Games which play automatically"

There is strategy involved, and you played well though. :peace:

I just seems like a lot of it is predetermined, so the game just plays out in a certain way after so many moves have been played.

Anyway, bring on the other games in the coming weeks, they can only get better from here on. :D

I got screenshots of all the results.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I think this weeks set of games should have been titled... "Games which play automatically"

There is strategy involved, and you played well though. :peace:

Yeah, these games pretty much go like this: One player makes a mistake/misses a move or it ends in a draw. Renegade seemed to be the most "fair", 'cause there exist way more possible moves than in the other two.

3 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I got screenshots of all the results.

Me, too. Not sure if @Glen-i needs 'em, though, if you can vouch for the results:

S.C.G. 1 - 2 drahkon in Dots and Boxes
S.C.G. 0 - 3 drahkon in 4-in-a-Row
S.C.G. 0 - 3 drahkon in Renegade

• Thanks 2

I'll take @S.C.G's "thanks" reaction to the above post as confirmation of the results then.

I'll update the table on Thursday and reveal the next set of games as well.

• Thanks 2

Right, here's the table after 5 games.

dKiek0r.png

Last week, I said that ties wont matter until the end, but turns out that because @viceview51 and I are drawing in the middle, the amount of games won means that he'll face @drahkon this weekend.

Next set of games coming up soon.

• Thanks 2

OK, here we go. Next set of games are titled:

Taking the Long Way Round

250px-Long_Way_Round.jpg

Once Backgammon is done, one of those blokes won't be smiling.

This week's games: Mancala, Backgammon
Each game will be played 3 times (Best out of 3 format)

Bracketing

@drahkon VS @viceview51
@Glen-i VS @S.C.G

Mancala Rules: First Move - Random
Backgammon Rules: "Play Single Game" Format

These two games involve moving pieces in a really roundabout way to the goal. Backgammon would be a hell of a lot more simple if you could just move your pieces upwards! The goal is right there!

Seeing as these are 2-player games, you're free to arrange a more convenient day if you so wish.

That said, @S.C.G. I'm available at Saturday, 8pm.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Glen-i said:

Seeing as these are 2-player games, you're free to arrange a more convenient day if you so wish.

That said, @S.C.G. I'm available at Saturday, 8pm.

So long as Saturday, 8pm is convenient for you, that's fine, as it's convenient for me as well. :)

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, viceview51 said:

@drahkon are you available this weekend, Sunday?

Yup, most likely sometime in the evening. :) How about 6pm UK time (assuming you're based in the UK)?

51 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

@S.C.G, do you mind if I change our time to 6pm tonight?

I don't mind, 6pm could work, I've just got to be a bit more organised when it comes to cooking, in order to coincide with that time. :)

It might end up being more towards 6:15pm or so, if that works? I'm just being realistic, I don't want to say 6pm and then keep you waiting.

• Thanks 1

Right, @S.C.G I've opened a room. No rush, I'm just gonna browse around the net. So don't be surprised if you join the room and I fail to notice for a minute or two.

• Thanks 1

@S.C.G I don't mind calling that first Backgammon a practice match. I think you weren't clear on the rules.

Edited by Glen-i

1 minute ago, Glen-i said:

@S.C.G I don't mind calling that first Backgammon a practice match. I don't think you were clear on the rules.

You're correct, I've never observed the rules of Backgammon, but, I insist, each of these matches should be counted. :smile:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

You're correct, I've never observed the rules of Backgammon, but, I insist, each of these matches should be counted. :smile:

If you say so.

In that case, I won both games tonight.

Thanks for the games, @S.C.G would play some more, but I promised @drahkon we'd play SMB 3 at 7.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

If you say so.

In that case, I won both games tonight.

Thanks for the games, @S.C.G would play some more, but I promised @drahkon we'd play SMB 3 at 7.

I've found that this way, even though there are a lot of games in this collection which I've never played, even if I don't do very well, I still learn about the game by playing, it's fun just to see what happens, rather than reading the rules sometimes. :smile:

Then again... there can be that initial moment of "why can't I move that piece to that space?" but I soon come to understand how it works.

I enjoyed our games, and I look forward to seeing what the other games in the collection have to offer in the coming weeks. :peace:

Also, I was aware that you were planning on playing Super Mario Bros. 3 as well, and as interesting as Worldwide Games can be, there's no contest when it comes to an all-time Nintendo classic. :D

In fact, I'm going to give Super Mario All-Stars a go myself in a bit, as it has been a while since I last played it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, drahkon said:

Yup, most likely sometime in the evening. :) How about 6pm UK time (assuming you're based in the UK)?

6pm is perfect.

I'm not based in the UK, but the hour here is the same as long as you're in BST.

11 minutes ago, viceview51 said:

6pm is perfect.

I'm not based in the UK, but the hour here is the same as long as you're in BST.

Well, it'll be 7pm for me, but that works :peace: 

@viceview51

if you win this round, do you wanna play the third round? you'd have won Backgammon then, and it's quite the long and boring game :p

Edited by drahkon