NEurope
Glen-i

46 N-Europe Games Tournament

osjOSuz.png

Are you the ultimate Games Master on this dinky little forum? Well then, you better prove it!

What is this?

Over the next few months, we'll be playing the 46 games in 51 Worldwide Games that can be played online (Except Hare and Hounds, the 47th game, which is too much of an asymmetric game and not completely fair). Once each game has been played, the points you've earned will determine just how good you are! Winner gets an imaginary drink.

How do I sign up?

• Act quick, unlike the Mario Kart League, I can't use average scores to determine your placing. So the sooner you join in, the better. Just state your interest on this board and make sure you join in each week.
  • Game night will take place every Saturday at 8pm (GMT). Try to show up about 5 minutes before hand.
  • If you can't make a night and don't notify me in advance, you will be placed in last place for any game played that night.
  • Depending on the availability of the other players, we may be able to tweak the time of game night to better suit your needs. Inform me on this thread as soon as you can to allow time for discussion.

What do I need to know?

• As of now, there are already 4 people who have said they will be taking part. If you state your interest as the fifth person and no-one else does afterwards, you may not be able to join in most nights because of the odd number of players. In other words, there needs to be an even number of players at all times. If there is an odd number of players, the odd man out may be able to fill in for another player if they can't make a night, but won't be able to fully join in this tournament. I can only apologise in advance if this happens, but that's the nature of these games.
  • Please allow around an hour of your time to take part.
  • If you continually disconnect during a night, you may be penalised. Make sure your connection is somewhat stable.

How are matchups determined?

During the first Game Night, matchups will be determined randomly. After that, who you play against will depend on your current placing in the Tournament. (For example, 1st place will play against 2nd place in 2-player games)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks to @Dcubed for the great graphic at the top of the page!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

People taking part

@Glen-i, @drahkon, @S.C.G, @viceview51

Reserve player

Remember, because of how these games are played, there needs to be an even number of people. State your interest ASAP to avoid disappointment. If there is an odd number of people, then the last person to join will have to serve as a reserve player, filling in for anyone who can't make it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And with that. The first night is themed around...

Gambling on Card Games

giphy.gif

Don't worry about bluffing, no-one can see your face!

This week's games: Blackjack and Texas Hold'em
Each game will be played 3 times.

Blackjack Rules: 5 rounds, Double Down - ON
Texas Hold'em Rules: 5 rounds

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just realized that the games will happen at 10pm here in Germany. I always forget the different time zones.

Again: I will always prioritize socializing with friends IRL, so if there's anything coming up, I'll let you know. So far, it's all good for the first night, though :)

@Glen-i, just mentioned this in the other thread, I should have the game by mid-august.

Edited by viceview51

On 7/26/2020 at 1:03 PM, Glen-i said:

Texas Hold'em

Just found out it's Limit :(

So it actually is just two games of pure luck  :p

2 hours ago, viceview51 said:

@Glen-i, just mentioned this in the other thread, I should have the game by mid-august.

In that case, it'd make sense to hold off on this until you get it. Not much point in doing this without 4 people.

@drahkon, @S.C.G, you OK with that?

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Glen-i said:

you OK with that?

I'm OK with that. :)

On 28/07/2020 at 3:32 PM, Glen-i said:

In that case, it'd make sense to hold off on this until you get it. Not much point in doing this without 4 people.

@drahkon, @S.C.G, you OK with that?

Ordered last week and still waiting for it to ship... 😔

• Sad 1

Update: It'll be delivered this week so everything is OK for Saturday - hopefully there's no need to unlock games like in the Nintendo DS version.

Edited by viceview51
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, viceview51 said:

Update: It'll be delivered this week so everything is OK for Saturday - hopefully there's no need to unlock games like in the Nintendo DS version.

There isn't. Any unlocks are cosmetic. (Such as the option to use Nintendo Hanafuda Cards)

You just need to set up your in-game profile and you're good to go.

• Like 1

Great! In that case, allow me to remind @viceview51, @S.C.G and @drahkon of how this is going down.

On 7/26/2020 at 12:03 PM, Glen-i said:

And with that. The first night is themed around...

Gambling on Card Games

giphy.gif

Don't worry about bluffing, no-one can see your face!

This week's games: Blackjack and Texas Hold'em
Each game will be played 3 times.

Blackjack Rules: 5 rounds, Double Down - ON
Texas Hold'em Rules: 5 rounds

Come this Saturday at 8pm, I'll open a room for you lot to join.
I'm gonna take this opportunity to explain how the scoring will work for these games in a bit more detail.

• The points you earn will be based on your placing at the end of each game, not the amount of chips you have.
  • Simply put, coming in 1st will get you 4 points. 2nd will get you 3 points, and so on.
  • After the three sessions on each game, your total points will determine who wins that particular game.
  • Ties will be broken by the total amount of chips won.

The above applies to both Blackjack and Texas Hold'em. Naturally, your score in Blackjack will have no impact on your score in Texas Hold'em.

If you have any questions or need to reschedule, give me a shout.
It also wouldn't hurt to have a practice game with the CPU to familarise yourself with how the game works beforehand.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So it'll start in 90 minutes? Just to be clear 'cause I always confuse time zones...

18 minutes ago, drahkon said:

So it'll start in 90 minutes? Just to be clear 'cause I always confuse time zones...

As of your time of posting, yeah.

I'll send you a quick PM just before I open, in that case.

• Thanks 1

*sigh* it's the first time I've loaded this compilation up, it seems there's stuff I need to do in order to be able to select online mode.

I'll be right there. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, S.C.G said:

*sigh* it's the first time I've loaded this compilation up, it seems there's stuff I need to do in order to be able to select online mode.

I'll be right there. :)

Called it. Knew someone would fall victim of the intro.

It's not that long though. We'll wait.

• Haha 1