NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
gaggle64

Share your Youtube holes

In these pandemic -y times with no end in sight, it's natural to start clicking around for a distraction and end up spending 3 hours going down an autoplay list. That's 3 hours less pandemic you now have to endure! So share your Youtube holes (other video services are available) so we too can distract ourselves for another afternoon.

My current fave is a channel run by a Russian ornithologist with a pet eagle owl named Yoll (who can't be rewilded) and who often takes care of owls injured or rescued on their way to being released or moved to a nice aviary (such as lil' Unya here). Owls are freaking great. Especially Russian owls. 

Edited by gaggle64
  • Like 2

MASSIVE disappointment from me, with a thread title like that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1

I've been going through all the Angry Video Game Nerd seasons recently. I think that's the 4th time...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

I've been going through all the Angry Video Game Nerd seasons recently. I think that's the 4th time...

WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GOOOOOOOO

(scrotum guns)

• Haha 1

I mostly binge watch disney vloggers...

mostly Tim Tracker, Justin Scarred and Adam the Woo.

I don't know how this started, but I sometimes watch videos of people going to a chiropractor and getting their necks cracked. I don't even search for it anymore, but it's just there when I load YouTube up...

It's oddly satisfying. The neck and hip cracks at the best. Hnnggggg.

9 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I don't know how this started, but I sometimes watch videos of people going to a chiropractor and getting their necks cracked. I don't even search for it anymore, but it's just there when I load YouTube up...

"Are you a CRACK ADDICT?!"

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

A hole of mine is Barshens, I recently watched though all (non-podcast) episodes with my fiancee:

Essentially, two dudes pratting about with friends. One reviews tat from poundland, the other is a cook.

• Weird 1

3 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Every morning I crack my wrists, sometimes there’s 3-4 distinct pops in one motion. 

• Like 1

I think my favourite would have to be Screenrant’s pitch meeting series.

They use a lot of the same jokes in each one but it’s done in a good way. Well worth digging out your favourite films episodes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, will' said:

They use a lot of the same jokes in each one but it’s done in a good way. Well worth digging out your favourite films episodes.

Yeah I ended up watching a load of those a few months ago.

7 hours ago, bob said:

I watched all 32 minutes of this:

This is actually quite therapeutic. I loved reading the comments. :laughing:

"Hate to be the neighbor living downstairs"

"This is so raw, it is awesome, tech house without tech"

Yes. Yes it is.

There's this guy Summoning Salt, that has videos on the progression of speed run records in videogames. Sounds kinda lame, but it's really fascinating how records go from like 3 hours down to 15 minutes as people find quirks or glitches, and just really perfect the mechanics of a game.

Like this one's just got a fantastic end to it, with some guy on a huge grind:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Nolan said:

Every morning I crack my wrists, sometimes there’s 3-4 distinct pops in one motion. 

I crack my fingers and it feels very similar, I imagine. Have also figured out recently how to make my feet pop by standing on my tiptoes and reeeeeally stretching high. Satisfying as hell.

35 minutes ago, Mr_Odwin said:

There's this guy Summoning Salt, that has videos on the progression of speed run records in videogames. Sounds kinda lame, but it's really fascinating how records go from like 3 hours down to 15 minutes as people find quirks or glitches, and just really perfect the mechanics of a game.

This one is great too. It’s a shame they don’t put out videos very often but when they do they are well worth watching. Seeing the progress and when/how discoveries were made is really cool.

On 7/14/2020 at 5:31 PM, will' said:

Love these, so freaking funny. 

If there's one person I would recommend watching, it's Jay Foreman.

Simply put, he mostly makes educational videos about seemingly mundane things, such as British politics (Called Politics Unboringed), maps (Map Men), and the construction history of London (Unfinished London).

And yet it's some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen!

He even manages to make his sponsored advert sections funny. He's got proper comedic talent. Here's one of my faves.

He doesn't post nearly as often as I'd like.

Mahogany, mahogany.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got recommended The Craft Beer Channel recently. It's really interesting and informative, I watched a video about yeast earlier which is particularly good:

Chris Chan: A Comprehensive History. Currently 41 videos in this series ranging from 30 minutes to 50 minutes per video. Latest one came out yesterday, seem to be uploading a new part every week or two on a Saturday.

Edited by martinist

I think I do YouTube wrong as I only watch one video and then leave.

Other than if I'm looking at tutorials or occasionally put some music videos on while cooking.

It used to be good when they recommended similar videos to the one you just watched, but now I get completely different ones suggested. Don't know what's up with that.

Sign in to follow this