NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Nintendo Treehouse Live: 10th July 2020

Stream is already up:

18:00 BST tomorrow, E3 has finally arrived! :cheeky:

Great chance for them to fill us in a bit more on The Origami King just ahead of release, and looking forward to seeing what WayForward might have in store. The wording reads like they might be taking on someone else's IP...one of Nintendo's, perhaps? 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Oh wow, Nintendo is featuring a WayForward game? It does sound like a Ninty franchise... but let's not jump to conclusions.

Edited by Jonnas

Oh gosh, imagine the disappointment if this isn't a Nintendo franchise. 

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

It isn't. Don't get your hopes up.

Haha wow, that's one way to shoot that speculation out of the sky. 

Personally wasn't too invested in the idea of WayForward taking on a Nintendo IP seeing as I haven't played any of their games before anyway, but a third party IP (of course depending on the IP) is potentially even more interesting for them to work on.

Whatever it is, hope it shows well during Treehouse :peace:

Surprising "please note" from Nintendo, but then again they tend to manage expectations pretty well and this is another example of that.

content-4-36292-nintendotreehouselivejuly2020banner.jpg

Nintendo Treehouse Live July 2020 presentation to be shown tomorrow

Up on the main site.

As always, we'll post a roundup article shortly after the presentation has aired. :smile:

Hmm, I should probably edit the article now that we know the WayForward title is NOT based on a Nintendo IP...

...but I'm going to leave it, this article was posted shortly after finding out about it, so it's based off information from there and then.

Also, Nintendo do like to pick their moments to announce these things, we were still playing Smash at the time. :p

7 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

One step closer to an Adventure of Link sequel by Wayforward! :D 

No it ain't. No-one actually cares enough for that game to get a sequel.

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

6 hours ago, S.C.G said:

Hmm, I should probably edit the article now that we know the WayForward title is NOT based on a Nintendo IP...

One step further away again.

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

They made an Adventure Time game heavily, uh, 'inspired" by Zelda II and it was terrible.

Wayforward are only "good" developers in my opinion, they would need quite a bit of guidance from Nintendo if they made a Nintendo IP game.

3 hours ago, Dcubed said:

We can but dream. :heart:

Not too fussed about Paper Mario, but I'm curious to see what third party IP WayForward is going to make. I'm trying to think what it could be but can't think of anything. Maybe something Disney like they did with Ducktales Remastered?

I love how directly Nintendo fires down the possibility of it being first party. That prevented a possible meltdown or two.

Disappointing this is just Paper Mario and a WayForward title. Nintendo must be sitting on more stuff that would've otherwise been getting the Treehouse Live treatment in June... :blank:

8 hours ago, Ike said:

They made an Adventure Time game heavily, uh, 'inspired" by Zelda II and it was terrible.

So it stuck pretty close to the source material then?

16 minutes ago, Ashley said:

So it stuck pretty close to the source material then?

Zelda II is good, so no it didn't.

it was pretty bad at capturing the Adventure Time feel as well.

I'm curious about the wayforward game, but it shows way too much of Paper Mario.

Why have such a long break in a live stream? Just put on some trailers or something at least. 

• Like 1

Yeah, not interesting. To me in any case, but also not to a lot of other people it seems.

This would have been ok if it was just a trailer in a proper Direct. With other trailers of other games. Here's hoping there's a tease for something else at the end.

Edit:

Haha.. I always turn chat off on Youtube videos.. But I had a quick look, and it has exploded. Not in a good way.

Edited by Sméagol

Paper mario looks ace.. Already knew that anyway... 

The other game revealed at the end.. It's a hard no from me. 

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this