NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Old NE Members

23 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Literally came in here to say something along the lines of "nobody is posting". 

21 members currently online, with over 200 guests. I do think there is still a space in the world for discussion forums. I'm part of the RedCafé forums and, yes they have tons of members, but you need people to be ballsy enough and confident enough to make new threads in order for the conversations to flow.

It's a cycle: New discussions = more interesting things to post about = more people interested enough to post = more people to post new discussions.

You need a diverse selection. But, basically, we need our current userbase to take a chance on making more new threads. 

To be honest.  As far as game news goes? There really isn't a whole lot happening in general outside of the PS5/Series X news cycle (and there's basically fucking nothing to talk about as far as Nintendo goes at the moment).

I've tried making more general interest topics surrounding the industry (I'd love to talk a bit about the crazy sexual harassment cases around the game industry that have been crawling out of the woodwork recently!); but nobody ever seems to really bite... The politics & power dynamics side of the games industry is super interesting, but most people here don't seem to care for it sadly...

Just now, Dcubed said:

To be honest.  As far as game news goes? There really isn't a whole lot happening in general outside of the PS5/Series X news cycle (and there's basically fucking nothing to talk about as far as Nintendo goes at the moment).

I've tried making more general interest topics surrounding the industry (I'd love to talk a bit about the crazy sexual harassment cases around the game industry that have been crawling out of the woodwork recently!); but nobody ever seems to really bite... The politics & power dynamics side of the games industry is super interesting, but most people here don't seem to care for it sadly...

Regarding threads like that, I would talk about those but at the moment I just have those discussions elsewhere because they either don't happen here or when they do they don't last long. Tis a vicious circle tis is.

6 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

It’s a shame, I love these types of threads and really enjoy it when they do come up and people discuss crazy industry stuff. Unfortunately, I’ve almost always been working in a company where it’s best just to steer away from anything industry related just in case it ever gets seen by anyone. 

If things like this were to come up now I’d probably get involved in the discussion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Totally forgot about Rokhed. He was a big burly bloke with long haired, beard and tattoos then all of a sudden he started posting about his “sissy” side. Didn’t he change his name to sissy Gloria or something like that?

19 minutes ago, Dog-amoto said:

Totally forgot about Rokhed. He was a big burly bloke with long haired, beard and tattoos then all of a sudden he started posting about his “sissy” side. Didn’t he change his name to sissy Gloria or something like that?

Something like that. I think I still have her? on my Xbox friends list.

Looking back on Rokhed's last load of posts on here is very embarrassing. Rokhed lashed out at a lot of people and a lot of the time randomly but there was a lot of transphobia being thrown back. It's amazing how much (I hope) opinions on that kind of stuff have changed. Obviously not nearly where we should be but for example I doubt I gave it a second thought when it was happening then but now there's no way I'd let that stand.

• Like 1

This is soag here, using my alternate account as I can never log into my original and best account.. 

I joined this group back in 2002...a life time ago. 

So many names and faces come and gone. And I love and miss them all. 

• Like 4

Just now, DOAG said:

This is soag here, using my alternate account as I can never log into my original and best account.. 

I joined this group back in 2002...a life time ago. 

So many names and faces come and gone. And I love and miss them all. 

Nice to see you back! Hopefully one of the admins will see this and see if they can do anything with your original account.

How've you been?

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Looking back on Rokhed's last load of posts on here is very embarrassing. Rokhed lashed out at a lot of people and a lot of the time randomly but there was a lot of transphobia being thrown back. It's amazing how much (I hope) opinions on that kind of stuff have changed. Obviously not nearly where we should be but for example I doubt I gave it a second thought when it was happening then but now there's no way I'd let that stand.

I agree, very sad.  When i joined transphobia was still very very commonplace, i really hope that has changed for the better now. 

4 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Nice to see you back! Hopefully one of the admins will see this and see if they can do anything with your original account.

How've you been?

I'm groovy dude! 

Could not be happier! 

Life could not be better... Apart from covid being a pain in ass 😂. 

• Like 1

Just now, DOAG said:

I'm groovy dude! 

Could not be happier! 

Life could not be better... Apart from covid being a pain in ass 😂. 

:laughing: I have a feeling if we do get more members popping in for a visit I might get similar responses!

I was just saying the other day that I can't wait to be able to ask people how their day was again without getting a sarcastic response!

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

:laughing: I have a feeling if we do get more members popping in for a visit I might get similar responses!

I was just saying the other day that I can't wait to be able to ask people how their day was again without getting a sarcastic response!

Ikr!!! 

But here in Northern Ireland I think we are definitely doing fantastic at beating covid. So hopefully sooner rather than later :). 

8 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Maybe if you actually asked me how my day was in the first place!

Edited by Glen-i

Just now, Glen-i said:

Maybe if you actually asked me how my day was in the first place!

I brought back the 'How Was Your Day?' thread the other week. I figured you'd realise I did that specifically for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DOAG said:

Ikr!!! 

But here in Northern Ireland I think we are definitely doing fantastic at beating covid. So hopefully sooner rather than later :). 

Doing better than others since we are such a sparsely populated country, don't think that means we can get complacent though :( 

Hannah is the only one I think I’m still in regular contact with. I follow a bunch still on twitter etc but I’ve no idea if they’re still active on here or not or if they remember who I am 😅

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 8:23 AM, bob said:

It's weird to think that all the old Cube-Europe people are all grown up

Speak for yourself :blank:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Literally came in here to say something along the lines of "nobody is posting". 

21 members currently online, with over 200 guests. I do think there is still a space in the world for discussion forums. I'm part of the RedCafé forums and, yes they have tons of members, but you need people to be ballsy enough and confident enough to make new threads in order for the conversations to flow.

It's a cycle: New discussions = more interesting things to post about = more people interested enough to post = more people to post new discussions.

You need a diverse selection. But, basically, we need our current userbase to take a chance on making more new threads. 

There's definitely an issue with lack of activity in general, but when there is activity it feels like it's hard to get a word in edgeways in many topics. If other people feel similarly, that might be why less people are posting.

39 minutes ago, Raining_again said:

Doing better than others since we are such a sparsely populated country, don't think that means we can get complacent though :( 

Yup definitely too early to get complacent. Be safe at all times. 

One of my favourite ex ne members was ford prefect. A lot of people didn't seem to really like him... He did rant a lot.. But we did talk all the time and he was actually a really cool chill dude IMO. 

Blackfox was awesome too. 

Jolene (forget her ne name) had a heart of gold. Still talk to her from time to time on Facebook. 

Jim Bob was awesome (he still might be around) 

Some more people I liked back in the day...

Athriller, svt4him, rokkhed (she did get weird not cos she was trans , just seemed to want to shock), omg I forget so many old names but remember their posts... I'm sure more names will come to me... 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this