NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 (10th July 2020) (NS/PS4/XBO/PC)

Announced on Tuesday as part of the New Game Plus Expo:

Koji Igarashi and Inti Creates are back with more retro sword-and-whip action!

Curse of the Moon 2 brings classic 2D action and a dark, 8-bit aesthetic together with modern playability. The multiple-scenario structure of the previous title returns with an epic new story supervised by IGA (Koji Igarashi) himself.

Players take control of Zangetsu, a swordsman from the far east who bears a deep grudge against demonkind and the alchemists who summoned them. Zangetsu must battle his way to the demonic stronghold, but he doesn't have to do it alone! Zangetsu can ally himself with a brand new cast of characters he meets along the way and add them to the playable roster.

Three brand-new playable characters appear in Curse of the Moon 2, including the exorcist Dominique. All characters from the original Curse of the Moon game are playable, too! Each new character adds a variety of gameplay options, abilities, and ways to complete the games' many stages.

Players can also create demon hunting duos in 2-player local co-op, available for the first time in the series! Work together with a friend, mix and match the strengths of two different characters, and conquer stages in tons of new and exciting ways.

And when they said coming soon, they really meant it! Just been added to the US Nintendo site for release on 10th July, can't see it on our eShop yet but imagine it will be up in short time. Surprised it wasn't shared as part of that initial reveal. 

Also coming to PS4, XBO, and PC. 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Believe it or not, this launched today.

Gamexplain seem to be the only big outlet to have reviewed it so far:

CrossCode yesterday and this today, everyone's just swooping in under the radar now, huh?

EDIT: Easy Allies review is up too...

Edited by Julius

I noticed it, and it looks good. Might pick it up as soon as my backlog isn't so big :heh:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jonnas said:

I noticed it, and it looks good. Might pick it up as soon as my backlog isn't so big :heh:

Same. But I haven't even played the first one even though I'd very much like to.

I bought it on Friday but I'm still playing Xenoblade so probably won't get to it for another week or so. If it's anything like the first game then I'm sure I'll enjoy it, a short and sweet palate cleanser after a long JRPG is exactly what I'm looking for.

Sign in to follow this