NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Dark (Netflix) - Final season available now!

I'm getting to the end of season 3 now, only four episodes left. At this point I find it hard to imagine how they are going to wrap everything up.

Spoiler

Well, introducing a parallel world surely complicates things and having now found the origin, I once again wonder who everyone is. When they first introduced the other world, I sighed a little. I didn't see it coming, and three and a half episodes in I'm still wondering why they did it - it's only at the end of episode four that it starts making sense which is a bit far into the season.

But it's been a fun ride trying to figure out who is the cause of what (or who). I think this is an example of one of the best handling of time traveling I have ever seen, everything fits and I'm only left with a single question: Why is Helge in the parallel world scarred? If Mikkel doesn't go back, why would Ulrich go back and maim Helge?

Looking forward to wrapping it up. I just wish I had seen everything a bit more condensed as I have forgotten stuff between each viewing. So a fair warning to everyone wanting to see this: Don't take breaks from it!

Done! 

I think in general, i lost interest during season 3, the plot twist at the end of season 2 kind of ruined it a bit, I think. 

I liked the ending, couldn't see any other way out of it but I would have wished that it could have been a self-contained ending, i.e.

Spoiler

That the worlds could have merged somewhat nicer and not rendered everything that had happened just... gone. I think that's a shame. 

Before it wrapped up, it was fun to see how Bartosz suddenly became the father of Noah.

But my wife and I were left with some questions and stuff we probably just forgot, for instance what was Noah doing in the beginning and did he ever really succeed with the experiments? And who is Tronte's father? Who is the mother of Claudia?

I must say, though, this is how time travel should be treated in general. I really enjoyed how that worked and the discovery of who is who or the parent of whom. Fitting that puzzle was right up my alley.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

I think in general, i lost interest during season 3, the plot twist at the end of season 2 kind of ruined it a bit, I think. 

I liked the ending, couldn't see any other way out of it but I would have wished that it could have been a self-contained ending, i.e.

Ending (Reveal hidden contents)

That the worlds could have merged somewhat nicer and not rendered everything that had happened just... gone. I think that's a shame. 

Before it wrapped up, it was fun to see how Bartosz suddenly became the father of Noah.

But my wife and I were left with some questions and stuff we probably just forgot, for instance what was Noah doing in the beginning and did he ever really succeed with the experiments? And who is Tronte's father? Who is the mother of Claudia?

giphy.gif

Sign in to follow this