NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

Ninjala

I don't understand this game. It seems 95% luck based whether you win a fight or not...

I must be missing something but I can't figure out what.

Edited by drahkon

Not going into the F2P aspects, everybody can have different opinions on that one.

But I will say: The Rock-Paper-Scissors mechanic in this game ruins it. Randomness in a fighting game? Objectively a bad idea.

Posted an idea to replace that system on the sub-reddit:

Once in a parry-lock have three buttons appear on screen. The first player to press these in order wins. If you make a mistake you lock in your "progress".
E.g.:

• Button prompts: A, X, B
  • Player 1 manages to get the first two right but not B
  • Player 2 presses A, but then fails to hit X
  • result: Player 1 wins because he "progressed" more

Now, I have no idea if it's easy to implement because lots of things are at play, but to be honest...anything that removes RNG out of fights would be lovely.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

But I will say: The Rock-Paper-Scissors mechanic in this game ruins it. Randomness in a fighting game? Objectively a bad idea.

You mean when those different coloured arrows appear? I thought it was just whoever reacts quicker that wins, rather than it being random. But yeah, I kinda skimmed the tutorial. :hehe: 

Anyway, I think the game is pretty fun. Main complaint would probably be character movement, it just feels a bit sluggish in general and is made even worse by some of the other weapon types! 

Apparently this isn't available on the Dutch (or Belgian) eShop because of our regulations concerning loot boxes. I have a Japanese account as well, but I don't feel like making another country account for this.

It's a weird thing with the current lootbox regulations we have. They are illegal but can't always enforce it. Some games choose to abide by altering bits of the game (NBA 2K20), others just don't launch here (like Ninjala). And some others just ignore it completely (FIFA 20 for example).

10 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Apparently this isn't available on the Dutch (or Belgian) eShop because of our regulations concerning loot boxes. I have a Japanese account as well, but I don't feel like making another country account for this.

It's a weird thing with the current lootbox regulations we have. They are illegal but can't always enforce it. Some games choose to abide by altering bits of the game (NBA 2K20), others just don't launch here (like Ninjala). And some others just ignore it completely (FIFA 20 for example).

Is that why I couldn't find the beta a long time ago? Hmm. Weird.

Sign in to follow this