NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
ThiophenSJ

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4/XBoxOne)

It's incredible how off-putting the modern character model is, but cool if true.

Crash is relaxing and exploring his island in his time, 1998, when he finds a mysterious mask hidden away in a cave, Lani-Loli. The mask is one of the Quantum Masks and apparently knows Aku-Aku, Crash’s mask friend! With the Quantum Masks returning and a Quantum Rift appearing near our heroes, they decide to bravely head through to different times and dimensions to stop whoever is responsible.

The description and box art seem suspect though.

It’s About Time for a brand-wumping new Crash Bandicoot game! Crash fourward into a time-shattering adventure in Crash Bandicoot™ 4: It’s About Time. Available October 9, 2020.

Absolutely amazing. Day-one! :D

• Like 1

For some reason I was expecting this game to be a Mario 64 type evolution and go fully 3D.

Looks pretty fun though.

21 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

For some reason I was expecting this game to be a Mario 64 type evolution and go fully 3D.

Looks pretty fun though.

Trying to step into Mario territory is almost always a risky strategy. Best to steer clear if possible.

• Like 1

I think they tried that in some respects with Crash Twinsanity but apparently it didn't work. Trailer is more promising than what was originally leaked but I dunno man... platforming physics seem a bit off and it's a shame it doesn't have the weight of a big developer behind it to give it that polish. Will reserve judgement though

• Like 1

I just watched the reveal and it looks way better than I would have expected :smile:

I wonder if we'll eventually see it on Switch..

Loved the end of the trailer where they officially neglected all the other "post Crash Bandicoot Warped" games. :laughing:

Anyway, trailer looks promising and fun. Will definitely get it, but maybe not immediately Day One. Could be something for Christmas for me. :) 

Reviews are saying this is rock hard, which I wasn't expecting but it definitely piques my interest as that's what I liked about the originals. And it's also good, apparently.

If it was £30 I'd be tempted but £50 is steep.

Edited by dwarf

Enhanced for PlayStation 5

The PlayStation 5 brings It’s About Time to new heights with unparalleled visuals, supporting 4K at 60 FPS. Crank up your speakers and swim in the crisp, dynamic enhanced 3D Audio. 

And it doesn’t just look and sound great, it feels great, too! The PS5’s DualSense wireless controller brings adaptive triggers to your fingertips. Feel the DNA change in objects hit by Neo Cortex’s blaster and feel the grip of Tawna’s Hookshot.

PS.Blog

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 2

Had really hoped they'd give the game a next gen upgrade so very happy that they're doing one. The game is fantastic from what I've played and looks great but can't wait to play the rest of it as the PS5 version. Roll on March 12th. And if you're on the fence, definitely pick it up if you see it on sale. I was uncertain I'd enjoy it but its exactly what you'd want as a continuation of the original trilogy.

Sign in to follow this