NEurope
Kav

Apex Legends. Free-to-play FPS Battle Royale (09/03/21)

From Respawn Entertainment, set in the Titanfall universe.

Best BR game around in my eyes.

Very much worth a download!

Edited by Kav
  • Like 2

Definitely good fun, but if you want to play it competitively it's not very good. Legends have still been unbalanced at the start of the current season. It's why my mate and I stopped playing.

Other than that, for a few quick rounds it's worth a download.

Gyro controls confirmed.

"We've got a similar stick and button layout as some of the other consoles, so it inherently feels pretty good. We're also supporting the gyroscopic control scheme; you see that supported in some other shooters, and some people prefer that method of control. So it is the same version of the game, and we want it to feel as good as possible, and we hope to get it to a point where players are just competitive on Switch as they are on PlayStation or Xbox."

https://www.gamesradar.com/apex-legends-season-5-interview/

On 19/06/2020 at 7:11 AM, drahkon said:

Definitely good fun, but if you want to play it competitively it's not very good. Legends have still been unbalanced at the start of the current season. It's why my mate and I stopped playing.

Other than that, for a few quick rounds it's worth a download.

The Devs have said that they like to change the meta each season so that people use different characters and don’t just stick to a certain one or two.

I think it’s pretty well balanced at the mo, although people complain about Caustic... I don’t think he’s unbalanced. 

It's certainly the most fun BR game I've played and I still play it semi-frequently on PS4. I've played through most seasons and the devs have done a great job with updates and extra content which is keeping the game fresh.

• Like 1

Switch version delayed to next year.

(can anyone change the title?)

Second, for those who game on the Nintendo Switch,we’re still hard at work on the port, but in order to do justice to the game and make it into the great experience Switch players deserve, our team needs more time. This year has brought on unexpected new challenges, to put it mildly, and we don’t want to rush anything out.

Switch owners can expect to get their hands on Apex Legends next year. And of course, when Apex Legends does launch on Switch, it’ll come with support for cross-platform play, our latest seasonal content, and full feature parity with the other versions of the game.

https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/steam-switch-launch-updates

Edited by Kav

2 hours ago, Kav said:

Switch version delayed to next year.

(can anyone change the title?)

Because you originally posted the thread, it should be possible for you to change the title, I believe. :smile:

Click on 'edit' just as you might, if you were editing a post, and you should be able to change the title as well.

• Thanks 1

@Kav one thing to mention is that you need to edit the first post in this thread in order to change the title.

• Thanks 2

The game is launching March 9th.

Well worth a download, there’s not much like it on Switch.

It’ll be 5 weeks into season 8 of the game and is in the best shape it’s been after more balancing.

Edited by Kav
  • Like 1

The game is launching March 9th.
Well worth a download, there’s not much like it on Switch.

I’ll be giving it try, most definitely. Panic Button have produced the port, features cross-platform play, so should be solid. Hoping there’s gyro aiming included.
  • Like 1

Tempted to give this a try, since Warzone is in such a mess. Any kind souls out there willing to team with a noob and teach them the ropes?

7 minutes ago, LazyBoy said:

Tempted to give this a try, since Warzone is in such a mess. Any kind souls out there willing to team with a noob and teach them the ropes?

I’ll be downloading but I’ll be on sporadically, but when I am on I’ll be up for it.

Good to see Nintendo promoting it too.

• Thanks 1

Well worth the download and deserves to do well.

Don’t sleep on the game.

Edited by Kav
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bob said:

But I am le tired...

So go take a nap and THEN fire ze missiles!

Edited by Dcubed

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

So go take a nap and THEN fire ze missiles!

nGMrD.gif

Man, I'm old...

I'm thinking about giving it a go although I'm not wanting to invest time in another f2p multiplayer. Also it would require some software archiving as the download is pretty hefty. Anyone tried it? How is it running on the Switch?

I downloaded it and gave it a go... And then I remembered I suck at this type of game ....took me ages to find a gun in first game :p

Ended up trying to punch my out of a gun fight haha

Just tried the training in Apex. Oh, dear, not feeling it. Feels like a cheap clone of Overwatch. Sluggish movement, awkward aim control, spent too long in the settings menu tinkering with sensitivities and just can’t find something that feels nice at all. And the gyro control is completely messed up, in handheld at least. Haven’t tried a pro controller yet. The vertical gyro works fine, but the horizontal gyro, just doesn’t move in the normal setting, and even at Max setting you literally have a one to one turn in real life. So, you physically have to move your console around you to adjust aim. It feels so cumbersome and increasing the sensitivity, then adds in a mass of twitch to the control. Completely borked, I can’t see why they don’t look to Splatoon and Overwatch and see what good gyro works like and copy it.

Will try a few matches, but initial impressions are not good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yeah the gyro is broken. I hope Panic Button put in a fix.

On Pro Controller with them turned off (didn’t try with them turned on) it’s great though.

Edited by Kav

I was going to give the game a whirl on the Switch but seen the download size and that was that. @Londragon's impressions seem to echo what others have said elsewhere. It's not running great, controls are weird and it's not that great looking. With the lack of cross progression, the general consensus seems to be if you have the ability to play the game elsewhere then it's probably best to do just that. 

If the file size wasn't so large I still would have given the game a try. Shame