NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

New Pokémon Snap

Nintendo and Fujifilm are teaming up to allow the instax mini Link to connect to the your Switch through the QR code feature, so that you can print your New Pokémon Snap photos (and of course photos from other games too :p)!

There will also be a Pikachu case bundle:

img_sec07_02.png

This is pretty awesome!

The app launches the same day as New Pokémon Snap (next Friday), and the instax mini Link seems to be taking aim at a November release date. Retail price for a standard Link at the moment seems to be around £110, so I've got to imagine the Pikachu bundle will probably weigh in at £130 or more? 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 4

Ooooh awesome little thing. This is like the successor to the game boy printer. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Technically, doesn't every printer that is compatible with a phone allow for printing via the Switch's QR code feature?

Neat little thing, though I'm not quite sure why you need to faff around with an app when you could just take out the MicroSD card and grab the screenshots from that?

58 minutes ago, Cube said:

Technically, doesn't every printer that is compatible with a phone allow for printing via the Switch's QR code feature?

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking...

I might actually get one of those things as the douchey hipster in me has considered getting a polaroid for a while.

Although the fact the Pikachu version isn't out until November suggests its a last minute kind of thing! I wonder if they'll sell the case separately (not that I'm that fussed, just curious).

@Julius where did you get November from? Looking earlier it seemed to suggest the Switch edition will be coming this month and the aim is for the Pikachu case bundle end of next. 

Not that I can find any on UK retailers. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ashley said:

@Julius where did you get November from? Looking earlier it seemed to suggest the Switch edition will be coming this month and the aim is for the Pikachu case bundle end of next. 

Not that I can find any on UK retailers. 

Had a look again, that might be my bad! I was using the translated version of the Japanese site earlier, seems one or two things got arranged weirdly on the page and November is actually when they're releasing some nice (but completely unrelated) frames :blank: I was thinking it was a long wait! Didn't mean to misinform, sorry!

All editions of it can be used with the Switch, but you're right, the new Ash White version is launching next Friday. I can't see anything official on the site for the Pikachu bundle, but the US PCMag article for it says it's coming in May, and TechAdvisor UK is saying it is nebulously arriving sometime in the summer. The latter has a price of £124.99 for the Pikachu bundle, but I'm not having any luck finding out where they pulled that from either...

EDIT: found it, everyone's seemingly referring to the press release...which is on the Fujifilm website, not the instax one...and not even on the front page at that? Super weird. And there isn't a product page or anything like one for it. 

But serebii.net is saying the Pikachu bundle is coming to Europe in June? So we'll go with that :smile:

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

Yeah don't worry about it, didn't feel misinformed, was just confused. 

I'll give it a week or so and see if anything is clearer. If not I'll just order one of the existing ones. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cube said:

But what if... What if...

That's disabled for New Pokémon Snap?

I just have a horrid feeling that might happen.

13 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

But what if... What if...

That's disabled for New Pokémon Snap?

I just have a horrid feeling that might happen.

This printer requires this feature, it's not doing a special connection.

• Thanks 1

Flicked through because dear lord they're annoying. 

It's weird that the camera knows the Pokémon's gender.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Well. They don't wear clothes so theres that. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

You've obviously not played Pokémon Go. Nothing but hats.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

You've obviously not played Pokémon Go. Nothing but hats.

Still waiting for this guy though 

ERok-nVXsAUhbCa.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MindFreak said:

67.png

Come on, man, it's not even that obscure of a Pokemon.

Edited by Glen-i

8 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

67.png

Come on, man, it's not even that obscure of a Pokemon.

That's not even the best one...

600px-560Scrafty.png

Hipper than a Hypno

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/04/2021 at 7:42 AM, Ashley said:

Flicked through because dear lord they're annoying. 

I forgot this pair existed, I used to half watch back in the WiiU days. Their chemistry is so odd, I think they secretly hate each other :laughing:

Reviews all seem pretty glowing.  Glad to hear that the levels seem to be good at hiding branching paths & secrets for progression (something that some idiots actually dinged as a negative!).

Just hope that the scoring system is as fun & interesting as the original now...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Reviews all seem pretty glowing.  Glad to hear that the levels seem to be good at hiding branching paths & secrets for progression (something that some idiots actually dinged as a negative!).

That’s promising. 

So 2 days till release and still no sign of it on the official Nintendo store for preorder. Was gonna go somewhere else to preorder but might just wait so I can order some stuff with my platinum points though now. 

On 22/04/2021 at 8:01 AM, Julius said:

Nintendo and Fujifilm are teaming up to allow the instax mini Link to connect to the your Switch through the QR code feature, so that you can print your New Pokémon Snap photos (and of course photos from other games too :p)!

There will also be a Pikachu case bundle:

img_sec07_02.png

This is pretty awesome!

The app launches the same day as New Pokémon Snap (next Friday), and the instax mini Link seems to be taking aim at a November release date. Retail price for a standard Link at the moment seems to be around £110, so I've got to imagine the Pikachu bundle will probably weigh in at £130 or more? 

Seems the Pikachu thing was briefly on Amazon US before selling out. 

I think I'll just get the normal version anyway as weirdly it's on ASOS so I can use student discount.

• Like 1

For anyone that is looking to get it but hasn't pre-ordered it's only £40 at Argos, down from £45 when I checked yesterday. My plans changing and meaning I can't go to big Tesco's worked out in it end!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ashley said:

For anyone that is looking to get it but hasn't pre-ordered it's only £40 at Argos, down from £45 when I checked yesterday. My plans changing and meaning I can't go to big Tesco's worked out in it end!

Went to grab this from game today and it was £49.99! They were sold out as well, apparently they only had 6 delivered because game are worries about any more lockdowns etc

Nipped to Argos and got it for £39.99!

I’ve put a few hours into the game so far but I’m still not sure how I feel about it. I think with me not having a connection to a lot of the newer Pokemon a lot of the magic that I felt in the original game is lost here. The game does look lovely though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this