NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

New Pokémon Snap

Excellent!

photodex-02-l.jpg

It's using the same scoring system as the original game! :D Fantastic!

So far, so good.  Looks pretty faithful to the original N64 game!

I just hope that the course design is up to scratch now and that we get a bevy of interesting scenarios and multiple paths to open up! (which is, of course, the easiest thing for Namco to mess up here).

Don't let me down!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 2

Except "Background", that's a new factor, wonder what dictates a bonus there?

Looks great. I'm just hoping the game is a lot lengthier than the original. You can finish that thing in a single sitting. 

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Looks great. I'm just hoping the game is a lot lengthier than the original. You can finish that thing in a single sitting. 

Well, there's apparently around 200 Pokémon. So almost four times the original, there.

53 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Glowing Pokémon. That'll give Niantic a couple more billion dollars. 

Shit, shhh! 

• Haha 1

What is it with Nintendo slapping the word 'New' on the front of a name and going home?

• Haha 1

Excited over a game where all you do is take photos of Pokémon. Yep that’s Nintendo (I know it’s not Nintendo first hand.) and I love it. 

29 minutes ago, bob said:

What is it with Nintendo slapping the word 'New' on the front of a name and going home?

Well they're not wrong. They're also not creative.

39 minutes ago, bob said:

It wasn't Nintendo.

This time. 

41 minutes ago, bob said:

Somebody confuse anything to do with Pokémon as being a Nintendo project?

So, in other words, another average Thursday!

I'll keep mentioning it until everyone gets the gist!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Slapping a 2 or a Part 2 at the end would be much more creative

Pokémon Snappier.

Pokémon Snap 2 It.

Pokémon Snap Snap.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nah, everyone knows the second entry has to be the darker one. 

Pokémon Snapped

• Thanks 1

Silly jokes aside (mine, as @BowserBasher's is great) I think this is my most anticipated game this year. That's in part because I barely play anything nowadays but it's the original was such a good wholesome game (even if the term didn't exist then) and I need that. 

Might even be this year's AC. Not as big of course, but the same kind of vibes.

• Thanks 2

Somebody confuse anything to do with Pokémon as being a Nintendo project?
So, in other words, another average Thursday!
I'll keep mentioning it until everyone gets the gist!
Shhh you. No cake for you tomorrow.
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Ashley said:

wholesome game (even if the term didn't exist then) and I need that. 

It did exist then, Twitter has just been overusing it recently.

3 hours ago, bob said:

I had expected that to change when the game was shown again but sadly, no. Snap2 would have been better! 

Don't even get me started about Nintendo and their crazy font use!
  • Haha 5

On 14/01/2021 at 1:04 PM, Vileplume2000 said:

I thought it looked a bit meh, but the trailer on YouTube looks a lot better than the Twitter version:

Yeh, thanks for posting the YouTube version too, as I was thinking exactly the same after seeing it on Twitter.

I’m still excited by this, and I’m fine with the fundamentals and scoring system being kept the same as I loved the original. I suppose, being honest, that while it looks great by 3D Pokemon standards, I wasn’t as wowed this time as I was by the first trailer.  Besides that beautiful water I thought graphically it just looked ok.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

I suppose, being honest, that while it looks great by 3D Pokemon standards, I wasn’t as wowed this time as I was by the first trailer.  Besides that beautiful water I thought graphically it just looked ok.

Yeah, think this is totally fair, because some of the textures do look really muddy (the rock Liepard is lying on and the wooden sign come to mind). The water does look great though! 

It does make me miss the older days of pixel art, the great range of vibrant colours in Gen IV and Gen V really popped off the DS screen. Compare that to everything they've done since transitioning to 3D in the core series, where the colours are just so flat and lifeless to me. It's like they saw the colours Ken Sugimori used in his artwork and said "yeah, we'll just do that", but the Kanto Pokémon in particular just look so washed out! Some of the Galar designs definitely do manage to be a bit more vibrant, so I think they're getting there, but I do hope that they go back to some of the earlier Pokémon to give them a bit more colour. 

I think the colour palette they're using for New Pokémon Snap is just the right balance, so hopefully it's something Game Freak consider for Gen IX in a few years' time. 

9 minutes ago, Julius said:

It does make me miss the older days of pixel art, the great range of vibrant colours in Gen IV and Gen V really popped off the DS screen. Compare that to everything they've done since transitioning to 3D in the core series, where the colours are just so flat and lifeless to me. It's like they saw the colours Ken Sugimori used in his artwork and said "yeah, we'll just do that", but the Kanto Pokémon in particular just look so washed out! Some of the Galar designs definitely do manage to be a bit more vibrant, so I think they're getting there, but I do hope that they go back to some of the earlier Pokémon to give them a bit more colour. 

I think the colour palette they're using for New Pokémon Snap is just the right balance, so hopefully it's something Game Freak consider for Gen IX in a few years' time. 

I actually really liked the look used for Gen 6.  They did a great job of replicating the look of the 2D games with the 3D models (even going so far as to disable texture filtering!)

Gen 7 disappointed me with how it looked almost identical inside of battles though.

Gen 8's look is fine.  Nothing mindblowing, but it's at least refreshing after having the Gen 6 look for so long.

20 hours ago, Julius said:

It does make me miss the older days of pixel art, the great range of vibrant colours in Gen IV and Gen V really popped off the DS screen. Compare that to everything they've done since transitioning to 3D in the core series, where the colours are just so flat and lifeless to me. It's like they saw the colours Ken Sugimori used in his artwork and said "yeah, we'll just do that", but the Kanto Pokémon in particular just look so washed out!

Oh, I hated this decision for the 3DS games. Everything looked so pale compared to Black/White

Pokemans_352.gif?width=325

kecleon.png

tenor.gif

Sword and Shield thankfully dialed back to more colourful models.

kecleon.png

Yes, I know Kecleon is not in Sword/Shield, that model's from Home.

• Like 1

Looking at all those different images though I can't help but wonder why he's drunk?

Sign in to follow this