NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dcubed

WB Games is up for sale! The Big 5 becomes The Big 4!

WB Interactive will be staying put after all

The Warner Bros. Motion Pictures Group continues to be led by Chairman Toby Emmerich. Warner Bros. Television Studios group continues to be led by Chairman Peter Roth. Warner Bros. Interactive remains part of the Studios and Networks group, along with our Global Brands and Franchises team including DC led by Pam Lifford, and our Kids, Young Adults and Classics business led by Tom Ascheim, all focused on engaging fans with our brands and franchises through games and other interactive experiences.

Great news, an acquisition would have surely meant a lot of jobs being lost. Hope WB can now push forward with their IP's and bring some more exciting games to the table! 

• Thanks 2

Good news! The industry is much better off with more publishers rather than less...

...though the news of “restructuring” is not a pleasant one... Sounds like they plan on significantly downsizing their operations and might well be selling bits of the publisher off... piecemeal.

I think it’s likely that they didn’t get the price they were asking for and are looking at selling the bits off that the other publishers are after; rather than as one big package.

Edited by Dcubed

Well this is a surprising bump... it appears that news of WB Games’ non-demise were greatly exaggerated!

I can already hear the sounds of Phil Spencer’s car revving up...

Edited by Dcubed

Let's go again (again):

Licensing IP definitely makes sense, feels like they've slowed down massively over the last few years with all of this background noise going on around WB. I can definitely imagine WB higher-ups looking at how well Spider-Man has done as a licensed IP and wondering why they don't just do that with their plethora of IP, instead of taking the risk and financial responsibility of seeing projects through from start to finish. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this