NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Astro's Playroom (PS5)

I know this is Sony we're talking about, but "Playstation Labo"?? :laughing: 

Anywho, really loving this game. Reminds me so much of NintendoLand, where it acts as a celebration of Playstation history, even down to the gacha machine (Pachinko machine) dishing out collectibles in exchange for coins.

Only done the first two areas of the first world, and the platforming and polish is really great. Wasn't as keen rolling the ball around (just as I wasn't in Mario Galaxy) but as Astrobot himself it's a lot of fun. Most of the references are flying way over my head though as I didn't own a PS2 or PS3.

Grabbed the Platinum on this the other day. I really enjoyed the game. Never felt nostalgic towards the playstation brand before but this game did stir it all up. 

Shows the capabilities of the Dualsense really well. I hope developers do utilise it.

• Like 3

I've played through the four main areas now and have to say that I've been very impressed with what I've played :smile:

While the game doesn't push any boundaries in terms of challenging your platforming skills, Astro's Playroom feels more like a Nintendo creation than possibly anything else I've ever played outside of the company!

Where Luigi's Mansion sucked us into the world with the help of the Gamecube controller and Wii Sports hit a home run with showcasing the possibilities of the Wii Remote, Astro's Playroom manages to zip us into the world of PS5 and the capabilities of the DualSense.

If developers can take heed of the utilisation of the functions of the controller in this game, I'm excited for what is going to be possible on PS5.

From the pouring of the rain as it hits your umbrella to climbing up rocks, everything feels extraordinary and is enhanced further by the sounds that emerge from the speaker.

An utterly charming experience that celebrates PlayStation over the last quarter of a century and how much they have brought to the industry :smile:

Edited by nekunando
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've played through the four main areas now and have to say that I've been very impressed with what I've played
While the game doesn't push any boundaries in terms of challenging your platforming skills, Astro's Playroom feels more like a Nintendo creation than possibly anything else I've ever played outside of the company!
Where Luigi's Mansion sucked us into the world with the help of the Gamecube controller and Wii Sports hit a home run with showcasing the possibilities of the Wii Remote, Astro's Playroom manages to zip us into the world of PS5 and the capabilities of the DualSense.
If developers can take heed of the utilisation of the functions of the controller in this game, I'm excited for what is going to be possible on PS5.
From the pouring of the rain as it hits your umbrella to climbing up rocks, everything feels extraordinary and is enhanced further by the sounds that emerge from the speaker.
An utterly charming experience that celebrates PlayStation over the last quarter of a century and how much they have brought to the industry
Nice summary. I thought you might like it!

Welp, not sure if I have enough willpower to not look into picking this up: Astro is getting a Nendoroid! 

• Like 1

Probably a daft question, but does this still come pre-installed on consoles bought now?  I assume it is, but just checking that nothing has changed in the past 12 months.

7 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

Probably a daft question, but does this still come pre-installed on consoles bought now?  I assume it is, but just checking that nothing has changed in the past 12 months.

Yes, as far as I'm aware it is. I've had a little look around to see if anyone's mentioned anything about it no longer coming pre-installed, but can't see anything of the like :peace:

Man, you've just reminded me of how much I hope we get a successor/sequel sooner rather than later...

• Thanks 1

My Astro Nendoroid surprised me by turning up yesterday :bouncy: 

FlnoBhIXoAAeH6g?format=jpg&name=large

Pre-ordering something, completely forgetting about it, having it turn up for delivery and being all "oh no, what the hell is this?!" before realising what it is has to be one of the best feelings. Especially on a bad day! 

Arigato my past self :p well, apart from for the nightmares from swapping his face plate out...

Spoiler

FlnpNndXEAARrg6?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Julius said:
  Stare into the abyss and the abyss stares back (Reveal hidden contents)

FlnpNndXEAARrg6?format=jpg&name=large

You had one job...

Stare into the void 'till the void stares back :p

Lovely little figure. Astro is awesome :D

• Haha 1

An Astro plush has been announced, and there's still no new game announcement, so I guess it's going on here :p

Gah, please show up in the next Showcase! 

• Like 1

SIE filed trademarks for Astro Bot in Europe at the end of last week...

...and in America, too

We're quickly coming up to September, and I think there's a good chance we once again get another PlayStation Showcase. So the timing could be right...could it finally be happening? 

giphy.gif

Edited by Julius

Sign in to follow this