NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (11th June 2021)

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Good stuff. The day I try to get a PS5 and fail has now been decided. Can't wait. :bouncy:

Fixed that for you ;) 

• Haha 2

Good stuff. The day I get a PS5 has now been decided. Can't wait. :bouncy:
Haha. Think DCubed beat me to it, but I'd suggest trying to get one whenever you can up til then to maximise your chances. I can't see them having fixed the stock issues by then.

20 minutes ago, Sheikah said:
54 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:
Good stuff. The day I get a PS5 has now been decided. Can't wait. :bouncy:

Haha. Think DCubed beat me to it, but I'd suggest trying to get one whenever you can up til then to maximise your chances. I can't see them having fixed the stock issues by then.

To be fair I wouldn't be that fussed if I couldn't get one for the launch of the game. I've still got a shed load of games to play on my PS4.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

To be fair I wouldn't be that fussed if I couldn't get one for the launch of the game. I've still got a shed load of games to play on my PS4.

That's a fair point. I will say as well that PS5 can be transformative for playing some PS4 games as well, especially the likes of Days Gone (which I played recently and is a nice game) and Ghost of Tsushima - not sure if you've played them yet. It's troubling though that a scalper community made another bunch of sales a few days ago before they even went properly live on GAME's website.

Sony really need to have some sort of system for selling these directly (tied to PSN accounts) as the retailers are doing a shoddy job.

13 hours ago, Sheikah said:

Sony really need to have some sort of system for selling these directly (tied to PSN accounts) as the retailers are doing a shoddy job.

I'm surprised that they haven't strongarmed the major retailers into installing Captchas on their order pages yet.  Stopping the bots alone would make an enormous difference!

Am I the only one pretty optimistic about @Hero-of-Time getting one by June? :p

Given that supply is already becoming increasingly consistent when compared with how it was at launch and leading up to Christmas, I think he's got a great chance of having one by then. Yes, it's still in high demand, but it's not anywhere near as bad as it has been. If he wanted to find one by next month then maybe I'd be a bit more pessimistic just because it's basically down to spotting one before others rather than anything else; it's just a numbers game, and the more months he's willing to wait, the higher his odds are of landing one at some point. 

The only real obstacle I think would be the timing of it all, which leads into my only real tip for getting one (which you might have already done): follow some accounts on a throwaway Twitter account like @IGNUKDeals, @jelly_deals and @DealsFoundry, and turn the notifications on for all of their tweets. Can get a little annoying, but odds are, that covers pretty much all of the bases, and then it's just down to timing ::shrug: 

Registering interest with SimplyGames or others could be worth doing, because I know SimplyGames in particular sends links hidden behind logging in to their members that go up a little before they do publicly (I just had an email regarding this now, actually), but of course they're all thrown in with bundles of less popular items to ramp the price up a bit, like third party headsets and charging stations. 

Anyways, good luck in your hunt, but I'm confident you'll be able to get one by the time this releases! :peace: 

Thanks for the tips, Julius but I don't do Twitter, nor do I want to sign up for any newsletters or updates. I'm happy enough to pick one up when they become readily available. :peace:

• Like 1

Am I the only one pretty optimistic about [mention=342]Hero-of-Time[/mention] getting one by June? 
Given that supply is already becoming increasingly consistent when compared with how it was at launch and leading up to Christmas, I think he's got a great chance of having one by then. Yes, it's still in high demand, but it's not anywhere near as bad as it has been. If he wanted to find one by next month then maybe I'd be a bit more pessimistic just because it's basically down to spotting one before others rather than anything else; it's just a numbers game, and the more months he's willing to wait, the higher his odds are of landing one at some point. 
The only real obstacle I think would be the timing of it all, which leads into my only real tip for getting one (which you might have already done): follow some accounts on a throwaway Twitter account like @IGNUKDeals, @jelly_deals and @DealsFoundry, and turn the notifications on for all of their tweets. Can get a little annoying, but odds are, that covers pretty much all of the bases, and then it's just down to timing ::shrug: 
Registering interest with SimplyGames or others could be worth doing, because I know SimplyGames in particular sends links hidden behind logging in to their members that go up a little before they do publicly (I just had an email regarding this now, actually), but of course they're all thrown in with bundles of less popular items to ramp the price up a bit, like third party headsets and charging stations. 
Anyways, good luck in your hunt, but I'm confident you'll be able to get one by the time this releases! :peace: 

I have alerts set just to let friends know, and the Amazon UK stock of PS5 consoles sold today was already sold out by the time I clicked through the link.

Stock is harder to get now than when the preorders first went live, and that's probably because the bots weren't setup yet. I've not seen anyone say the situation was settling, and certainly haven't seen any evidence of that...

22 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

I have alerts set just to let friends know, and the Amazon UK stock of PS5 consoles sold today was already sold out by the time I clicked through the link.

Yeah, anecdotally I've helped some friends get their hands on one, and zero of those were through Amazon. Probably got the highest customer:stock ratio, so would have to imagine that's why. 

Stock is harder to get now than when the preorders first went live, and that's probably because the bots weren't setup yet. I've not seen anyone say the situation was settling, and certainly haven't seen any evidence of that...

Sure, not really saying that, I probably should've been clearer.

I'm just saying that (at least from what I'm seeing) stock is being released more consistently/on an increasingly regular basis than at launch in November; I see a lot more frequent updates on stock being made available now than what we saw the week of, and weeks following, launch. I'm sure that's largely down to it being sold out prior to launch for the most part, but that's at least what I've been seeing since probably mid-January. 

We'll just have to wait and see, but I remember the general consensus - even before launch, after everything sold out - being that things probably wouldn't calm down in terms of stock until March/April because of how little they'd be able to produce in time for launch, and I do think that things should calm down a bit in the coming months (assuming no issues with production, at least). 

I do agree that the bots don't help, and like you and @Dcubed, I'm pretty baffled that it seems like no-one has pushed for extra security to ensure that these aren't being purchased as part of scalping efforts. 

I don't mean to suggest that it's going to be easy and you'll be able to stroll into a shop by June and pick one up without any hassle, but just that I think that it'll get a bit easier in the coming months. At least, I hope :p

Edited by Julius

New gameplay trailer:

And looks like we'll be seeing more in this week's State of Play! 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 3

This is going to be glorious, isn't it? :D

Delicious.

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 2

It looks glorious. The “Shhhhhh” line and the action following it slayed me. The writing in these games has always been comedy gold.

• Haha 3

Looks incredible, Insomniac are absolute wizards. So efficient at getting games out.

• Like 1

Digital Foundry's analysis of the State of Play footage:

Looks insane. Watched their analysis on the PS5 update of the PS4 game earlier, found it really interesting learning more about how Insomniac defied what seemed to be their general direction just a decade ago after they moved away from delivering 60 fps. Good prep for when I get to it, soon I hope! 

Previews for the game look like they're dropping on Wednesday! 

While only previews, a whole month out seems quite early, I think that shows a lot of confidence from PlayStation in this game (no surprises). Imagine this means actual reviews for the game won't drop on or just before release date as has been the case with some other exclusives so far, like Demon's Souls and Returnal, but maybe a week or so out instead? 

Also, full transparency, I have no idea who Joe Miller is. Buuuuuuut Kinda Funny's PS I Love You XOXO podcast has apparently been delayed from today to Wednesday, and apparently there was also a Swedish site last week saying that previews would be going up this week too. 

• Like 1

Can't wait.

Probably only hands-off previews, but better than nothing. :D

• Like 1

The time is nigh for (hands-off) previews. 

Well, guess I'm already sick of that particular promotional image :p

Game Informer also have a few videos up where they talk with Insomniac: 

Edited by Julius
  • Like 1

The game is looking like it’s going to be a hit. The previews look/sound great.

She’s just asked me if I’m looking forward to playing the game on my PS5...

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Game went gold yesterday...

...and will come in at just over 42 GB (before the day 1 patch):

Just now, Map said:

Game looks goooooood. 

Three and a half weeks away and I've yet to play the 2016 game...guess that's what I'm playing next :laughing:

• Like 1

I don't understand how the visuals can look that good! Just incredible!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Julius said:

Three and a half weeks away and I've yet to play the 2016 game...guess that's what I'm playing next :laughing:

Isn't this supposed to be a sequel to the PS3 games? Surely you'd be better off playing those instead if you haven't already.

Plus they're much better games, in my opinion...

Sign in to follow this