NEurope
That Guy

Games to chill out

OK so I was playing Headhunter on my Dreamcast and I was getting pretty pissed off cus I'm rubbish and went on a rampage around the house. I find myself getting frustrated a little too much with games and they put me in a bad mood when I get stuck on bits. Not great when gaming is a main hobby of yours.

Anyway, what I'm wondering is, what games are there that you could sit down and play through over a sunday afternoon and relax to? My main ones that I can think of would be Shenmue and Shenmue 2. I could also have a nice relaxing afternoon playing Wind Waker.

I suppose Nintendogs would be a nice game to play. What games would you pick to sit and relax with?

Definately Shenmue I+II. I played quite a bit of II today (got it friday like some of you may know :awesome: )

Paper Mario definetly, nice an easy flowing game, with great humour which is guanteed to put a smile on your face.

If im in a chill out mood I usually stick on a traditional RPG and just spend some time walking around and levelling up.

NO. Kameo is one pf the most frustrating games I've played in recent years. It's fantastic, but some of the enemies and bosses are MUCHO frustrating.

Weirdly, I play Rez. It's a really frantic game, but the music is freaking awesome. Makes me relax loads.

Weirdly, I play Rez. It's a really frantic game, but the music is freaking awesome. Makes me relax loads.

Just what I was going to say. Its mega-ambient. Along the same lines is Amplitude, which has great pick-up-and-play value.

Also Ecco the Dolphin; Defender of the Future. The early levels are gorgeous and completely mellow, with a perfect blend of sumptuous visuals and gentle ocean melodies. I can swim around those small areas for ages.

I also like Ico and Shadow of the Colossus; ICO has some of the most fantastic weather effects I have ever seen in a game, and when you get outside into the sun for the first time its truly like a breath of fresh air. Riiding around the landscape of Colossus on Agro, not really doing much, is also very relaxing.

One last one - Draken: The Ancient Gates. Being able to fly around the map with no load times on the dragon is a great, liberating feeling. A sadly underestimated game.

________

Chevrolet Silverado

Edited by Johelian

To relax I plug Ocarina of Time, and go for Hyrule field walking aroung, Majora Mask for Termina Field or Wind Waker roaming in the endless ocean.

Also, kind of reverse, but when I have too much things on my mind I like to play Soul Calibur, and they just go away, that's also kind of relaxing I guess.

animal crossing is the kind of game i need to relax. i am sooo awaiting the release of the dsl so that i can start importing a few games xD

Definately Ocarina of Time!

Either just roam around the landscape; or go and beat Ganondorf which is fantastic and then you get to enjoy the awesome ending and music!!

Might get Ecco and Grandia II. Never really knew what I was doing on Ecco though. Might figure it out. Thinking about getting Sega Bass Fishing as well.

For me it's definitly the classics (for me), like Speedball 2, Street Fighter 2, SMarioW, Secret of Mana, Xenon 2, Marathon1+2+3, Flashback, Fallout, Shadowrun, Perfect Dark, Super Smash TV, Zelda(all) etc.

Might get Ecco and Grandia II. Never really knew what I was doing on Ecco though. Might figure it out. Thinking about getting Sega Bass Fishing as well.

The clues are a bit vague arent they? I believe they have made them a bit easier to follow on the PS2 version, but all I have done on that one is swim lovingly around those levels, annoying the other dolphins - so I cant really confirm that. I'd love to finish it one day - Im at the site of the final boss on the DC version but kept getting killed so gave up. Probably dont have the coordination to kill it now :(

________

Toyota rav4 specifications

Edited by Johelian

3D Zeldas, Smash Bros Melee, Animal Crossing and Nintendogs. FTW. I recommend SSBM when you're angry and need to expel that anger.

I'm with Schpickles on this one, Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari are perfect games to relax to, although you might end up finding yourself jiggling along to the music.

morrowind is great for wasting a couple of hours on every so often, also i like to continue my quests on rome/medievil total war, but the best has to be cs:source, don't even need to find the disk, just a couple of clicks and i'm away.

World of warcraft when doing Blackwing lair/Molten Core/Zul'gurrub lasts a couple of hours and is enjoyable + relaxing. Can listen to music etc while doing it as well

Whack Fleetwood Mac's Albatross on your comp/ CD-player/ "Ghetto" blaster and sit down and have a play around on Doshin the Giant. It is one of the most relaxing gaming experiences I've had to date. Failing that, the fishing game on Ocarina of time is also very good at soothing the nerves.

Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball.

I know what you're thinking, but the simple, rhythmic gameplay mixed with the ability to play custom soundtracks makes it a really good game to relax to. Put some Zero 7 on in the background and it's almost like lying on the beach.

Having said that, I feel so ashamed at even owning the game that I could never bring myself to play it if there was anyone else around. It was a 'joke' present from one of my friends, but I actually think it's an enjoyable game marred by an embarrassing fixation.

Other than that I throw in another vote for Rez (on the DC for me) and would also say that Galleon allows for some very enjoyable exploration of its various areas: I've spent many hours finding good spots to dive from, and simply flying around the open cliffs is strangely exhilerating.

I actually find Metroid Prime to be very chilled out. As the game does not have enemies in every corridor or room like most FPS. Its got many secrets to find thoughout the game and the game its self looks amazing and beautiful.