NEurope
Stabby

Sega

If old Sega games are downloadable on the Rev, which games will you download?

Are Saturn games actually possible on the Rev? How much MB are the biggest Saturn games?

Im not to sure how much space they use but im gonna download the phantasy stars,i wont download very much sonics cause i have mega collection,theyre will be other titles that im goin to try out

Hopefully Sega will remake NiGHTS as the Revos controls would be suited so well for the game. If Saturn games are downloadable I recommend people get the following:

Burning Rangers

Deep Fear

Shining The Holy Ark

Shining Force 3

NiGHTS

Guardian Heroes

Panzer Dragoon Saga

I own just about all of these and still play them to this day as they are amazing.

As for games that I myself would download I would have to go with the Streets of Rage Trilogy off the Megadrive oh and also Toejam and Earl!

I'd love to be able to play "Shining In The Darkness" another time, never quite managed to finish that game.

I think it will have all the home consoles apart from Dreamcast ,i forgot about burning rangers and Nights ,havnt played them but they sound good

Streets of rage and that would be it. Never owned a SEGA console and was never motivated by playing Sonic to buy one.

Saturn games are flat out impossible, emulation has never been perfected for Saturn games on any system, which is the exact reason NiGHTs has never been ported yet.

Currently I don't expect many, if any, third party titles. I know third parties have expressed interest, but this doesn't mean Nintendo will actually allow it.

Spiderman vs venom and spiderman maximum carnage were both released for snes too.

But streets of rage is a fine one!

Saturn games are flat out impossible, emulation has never been perfected for Saturn games on any system, which is the exact reason NiGHTs has never been ported yet.

Currently I don't expect many, if any, third party titles. I know third parties have expressed interest, but this doesn't mean Nintendo will actually allow it.

it's not impossible, just dificult, it's a complete diferent thing to do reverse engeneering by fans and a emulator by Sega herself, who has all the papers on it... look at PS3 do you think it'll be easy to run all the PS2 games? would it be even possible if they didn't made the PS2 in the first place?

Same with Xbox, who was based on x86 with a nvidia GPU, to make a "underpowered" PowerPC run it with a ATi card... they have to pay rights to Nvidia to be able to emulate that part even... now... of course that isn't high level emulation, it's low level with patches.

Saturn is perfectly possible if Sega wants to take the time and make a emulator for it, but I doubt they will.

Now I think Revolution itself should be Dreamcast compatible, I remember Sega saying after droping dreamcast that they were willing to licence the technology... now of course nintendo shouldn't have to pay fee's, I'm sure that if Capcom wants to re-release Final Fight on the console they have to pay some kind of licence fee to nintendo itself, nintendo could do it like this: "we take our fee's for sega to sell their master system and mega drive games, and you guys in exchange let us emulate the Dreamcast."

As part of the deal Sega would re-release some Dreamcast games worldwide with price zero in porting them, just adding new covers and boxes saying it is compliant with revolution, nintendo revolution would earn the right to be the sucessor to the last Sega console and win a new "Players Choice" line instantly.

it wouldn't be dificult, i've seen a pentium IV 2 GHz with intel integrated graphics 900 running Soul Calibur flawessly...

What I only get 40fps on Soul Calibur on my AMD64 3000+ that can't be right.
yes it is... here it is, taken from emulation forums:
High-end AMD processors (2.0GHz+) should grind though Soul Calibur very quickly, achieving over 60fps in most of the arenas. Most Pentium 4's will stuggle with it, particularly old ones below 3GHz. For me it is fullspeed for the majority of the time, and my cousin was able to unlock almost all of the characters in one sitting with it.

On the Intel Integrated Graphics I've seen it ran at about 25 frames,

playable though.

you can always try Chankast Utilities It has a feature named Speed Pig, anyway you really should take more frames out of it than you're taking, without modding anything :(

don't use daemon tool to mount it, mounting the ISO with alcohol 120% might speed it up.

also:

You need to underclock the emulated CPU to get a faster FPS. To do this, press the - key on you keyboard. The cause of the problem is not the video card, but the processor - it's a bit too slow for 60fps. Upgrading the video card will not boost the framerate to 60fps.
still this is not the issue :) it would be perfectly possible to achieve on revolution aswell as in any next generation console.

Saturn is perfectly possible if Sega wants to take the time and make a emulator for it, but I doubt they will.

Like I said, they've tried themselves, they've wanted to be able to port NiGHTs but due to the complexity of the Saturn hardware, with its multiple processors, they haven't been able to successfully emulate it yet and neither has anyone else alive.

Like I said, they've tried themselves, they've wanted to be able to port NiGHTs but due to the complexity of the Saturn hardware, with its multiple processors, they haven't been able to successfully emulate it yet and neither has anyone else alive.
that can't be truth with today's computer hardware, I believe it was back in Dreamcast Days, if they were trying to make the hardware emulate it, but not concievable today.

Shenmue was a Saturn game (and was finished till shenmue 3), it pushed all the console had, they ported/remade it over for dreamcast without a problem.

the thing is they probably wanted to "port" the game like nintendo did with ocarina of time and majora mask on Gamecube, just put a emulator and the game, and run it. that's certainly how they did all those "sonic collection" bundles, even Sonic R certainly wasn't ported, just emulated.

Nintendo wouldn't have a problem porting Majora Mask to gamecube and run it at 60 frames per second, but emulating it they had to bare with some glitches, that's to be expected.

Lastly, that kind of emulation would require a big ammount of RAM, that current gen consoles lack, on computer it would be perfectly possible, aswell as on next gen consoles featuring more RAM

I've got nearly every sega game i want, but im missing out on streets of rage! I got the original, it doesnt work. Lost number 2 and never saw number 3.

I was so dissapointed when Sonic Gems didnt include it..

If there were Dreamcast downloadables, I would probably get Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. Also, I'd try out a few others. I have a Dreamcast, but I only ever got House of the Dead 2 and played the demo disc.

I would also download some of the old 2D Sonic Games, since I enjoyed Sonic Rush, I'd like to give them a try (Sonic Rush being my first 2D Sonic Title, also the only Sonic Game I ever owned, demos don't count).

If there were Dreamcast downloadables, I would probably get Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. Also, I'd try out a few others. I have a Dreamcast, but I only ever got House of the Dead 2 and played the demo disc.

I would also download some of the old 2D Sonic Games, since I enjoyed Sonic Rush, I'd like to give them a try (Sonic Rush being my first 2D Sonic Title, also the only Sonic Game I ever owned, demos don't count).

I wouldn't want to download Dreamcast games, i'd like to see them refurbished/re-edited on a shining new "Revolution and Dreamcast compatible" case, and take those re-issues home :D

A new players choice line out of the blue, nothing to do with downloads hopefully (although it won't happen).

If you have a dreamcast I would highly recoment you getting, skies of arcadia, grandia II, shenmue and shenmue 2 at least.

Aren't we forgetting that Saturn games are up to 650 MB big and games like Shenmue DC are four 1 GB discs big? Those don't fit in the Rev's internal ROM, and I doubt people want to spend so much SD cards on that.

Yea I think your idea is good Pedrocasilva,it would benefit noth companies and go with wht Sega said about selling their hardware

I'd love to be able to play "Shining In The Darkness" another time, never quite managed to finish that game.

That was on the Megadrive wasnt it? Man that game was awesome. Shining The Holy Ark is the kind of sequel to that game.

Yep, it was on the MegaDrive, I never had one but I was working shifts this one time and at night it was just a case of keeping an eye on things. Someone brought their MD in during the day and they let me have a go on it as they were going out for a few nights on the trot. I did try it on an emulator, quite some time ago, but it wasn't quite the same trying to play it on a PC, so I'd welcome the chance to get my hands on it once more.