NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nintendork

What is this..?

I read that somewhere ,Im pretty sure it was on Spong but i might be wrong have read it somewhere

So that can´t be the slot for sd-cards right? I believe the scans that were around the net. Ohh a scanline!! Yeah that´s a fake :nono:

I think it´s a laser-matrix-projektor. Nintendo wouldn´t make such hype if it´s nothing really special. And all other possible features that were discussed

exept the full-force-feed-back(which i think is more impossible to make than a projektor) were not nearly revolutional! :wink:

Plus - it must be a more revolutionary than the controller!

If it´s a lame story nintendo would be busted for that, and they know that, so it´s gonna be a really fascinating second revolutionary feature!

This topic is irrelevant anyway, THIS ISNT THE FINAL DESIGN OF THE CONSOLE.

If there is a big new feature to come then its unlikely there will be any hint of it on these images, Nintendo will have made these designs for the Revolution that had been announced as of E3 2005

The 3rd feature wont be anything with lasers, 1. Because its far too expensive and 2. Because of the potential health risks involved

Oh for god's sake people....

"The Revolution's slot-loading drive is unbelievably gorgeous when viewed up close. It really is striking. The drive is not just illuminated, but surrounded by a sleek blue light, and it accepts both GameCube Optical Discs and new 12cm discs designed specifically for Revolution. The interesting bit is that the drive easily takes both sizes without any fuss. Gamers just drop any GCN or Revolution title in and it automatically works. Nintendo indicated that the drive is one of the first to intuitively do that. Power, reset and eject buttons are located on the front panel of the unit. Meanwhile, a flap on the front of the machine hides the slots for the 512MB memory cards that Revolution utilizes for downloads and game saves."

Just read this article on full, please do it. It answers a lot of those silly questions that people have seem to forgotten the answers to.

Also more importantly there is another reason for the slot in the front. It's the expansion bay that enables the Rev to do DVD playback. Don't believe me? Check here:

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/670/670523p2.html

Sorry forgot the link for the first quote:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/617/617195p1.html

Edit by Fierce_LiNk: Try not to double post. Use the edit button.

hmm.

that's bum.. i got my hopes up for something rad.

is there going to be 512mb standard on board? or are they just chucking in 512mb SD to plug into the front like you get 32mb with a digital camera.

DVD dongle seems rad,

Who said it's a dongle? It's looking like it's another money spinner from Nintendo that both reduces the initial cost of the system while taking the consumer up the ass by getting them to buy another peripheral... yay

Who said it's a dongle? It's looking like it's another money spinner from Nintendo that both reduces the initial cost of the system while taking the consumer up the ass by getting them to buy another peripheral... yay

It's not that bad.. the xbox had one.

By doing this Nintendo can bang out systems all at one specification, quicker all in one stock pile, then they can bundle that with a localised power adaptor and a universal manual. Hey presto a console with no money going to whoever licenses DVD playback.

Yeah we'll have to buy a dongle for our playback which means we will probably pay £20 for the thing and it will only play DVDs from where the region the dongle was purchased.

But that's life.. It's not intended to be a money spinner it's intended to offer people a games console at the cheapest price possible.

It's nice that they're offering us DVD playback because lets face it.. the VHS is dead, and the other technologies are gonna be expensive.. it's one less gadget to have in the house.. and I'll use it because i'm not an import film lover.

At least it's designed to be internal so it wont effect the console's design edges.. only thing I hope is that the quality of DVD playback is good (convenient subtitles and fast forward stuff.. just generally a nice GUI) then it will probably be the smallest and sexiest DVD player on the market.

Quit yo' jibba jabba

I think DVD playback is so wothless for a console. I still got a dvdplayer for 40 € , it plays DVD VCD SVCD DIVX XVID some MOV and every mpeg4- format thats out there..

I won´t waste the lifetime of the revolutions discdrive for watching video... as everybody knows those lasers have a specific lifetime like 10000 h or something like that...

A true film lover doesn't use pirated/downlaoded movies.. Call me old fashioned (?) but I like a high resolution film.. DVDs are cheap these days and ridiculously cheap to rent by post.

I think a good film is worth the money.. and don't start with this laser stuff.. what's next? buy a pair of shoes and not wear them? They might get a hole.. boo hoo.

10,000 hours seems like a pretty good deal for a £200 console + DVD dongle

if there is any truth in that statement, which personally I have never heard before.

My PSone from launch still runs fine.. though my PS2 did die before but they were shitty build quality..

What's that? 8+ years? I don't remember how long ago I got it but it holds up pretty nice.

Could it be some kind of expansion port? Nintendo have always given their consoles an expansion port, so why not do the same for the revolution? Perhaps that's the bit which you change so you can play DVD's. I reckon that SD cards could also go in there, but it's quite a large space just for SD cards, which are v small.

2 SD cards could easily fit horizontally, 4 would be a ridiculous use of build cost especially with 2 compatible gamecube card slots.

It's quite revolutionary.. SD is standard we can put our save files online easy now.. think of the possibilities for sharing stuff. hacks and mods cough.

maybe even music for in game?

the DVD dongle will fit in their too i guess.. wonder why we haven't seen the back of the console yet.

wonder why we haven't seen the back of the console yet.

I hope we do soon,I wanna see the connection ports,hopefully there'll be some at D.I.C.E

if the console is so small i'm curious as to whether the power supply is built in.

i expect it'll be the 2 usb ports AV and power supply to the left end of the console, so when displayed vertically it wont result in it being top heavy.

I'd go with you on the power supply look at the cube... USB ports could be in the front ;)

pretty uggers if you think they're considering using a ethernet > usb modem connector for those without wireless.

i get the vibe they are there just in case.. like on the PS2, and rarely used.. like that iLink slot too.

This topic is irrelevant anyway, THIS ISNT THE FINAL DESIGN OF THE CONSOLE.

If there is a big new feature to come then its unlikely there will be any hint of it on these images, Nintendo will have made these designs for the Revolution that had been announced as of E3 2005

The 3rd feature wont be anything with lasers, 1. Because its far too expensive and 2. Because of the potential health risks involved

Actually, it is more or less the final design. I think it was said that it might get a little bigger or smaller, but other than that it'll only be made to look cooler :wink:

Yea im with you on the power supply,I think theyre might be a Ethernet port for those wired,I wouldn't think Nintendo would do that to people who are wired and yea Kurt R's right its just gonna get smaller to the size of the DVD cases stacked together

yeah i think 2 usb and 2 sd ports whould be a perfect fit. nintendo said that the console will be smaller then the shots we have seen so far but the design i don't think will change that much since it's allready the best looking of the 3 by far.

I just had a look, and tou can get 1Gb cards for about £40 and a 2GB card for about £80. I think I also read a few months ago that 4Gb and 8Gb SD cards were coming out.

I just had a look, and tou can get 1Gb cards for about £40 and a 2GB card for about £80. I think I also read a few months ago that 4Gb and 8Gb SD cards were coming out.

I think you'll find that is Sony's memory stick, the announcement was one to try and counter the popularity of the iPod nano against the PSP.

Could be SD too, I can't imagine the tech differs wildly.

I think you'll find that is Sony's memory stick, the announcement was one to try and counter the popularity of the iPod nano against the PSP.

Could be SD too, I can't imagine the tech differs wildly.

I know that Sony made an anouncement, but they always seam to be a bit behinde in this area. I have found a 4Gb one here . A bit pricy for me but I might be able to splash out on a 2Gb one if the downloadable content is good enough.

What is probably in there

*A place for that 'optional dvd attatchment' for the Revolution

*SD card slots

*How about the USB 2.0 ports as well?

These seem the most likely things to be in there, we cant know for sure until Nintendo actually lets us see.

I think the USB will go at the back.. who wants cables running out the front of the machine? It's just stupid, 1 at the back 1 at the front at the worst, 2 at the front is just stupid..

Why don't we just have the power supply coming out the disc drive? It'll just look so good that way.

and the should have the AV cords coming out the front too.. lets just rotate the system so there is no aestehtic left at all.. we should just call it the Nintendo spaghetty.

It's not as if the console is so big that having the usb ports at the back would be a inhibitting factor.. and it's also the case that the USB ports will probably be in use full time, because it's not being used for connectivity of portable devices like PDAs, mp3 players or cameras like the 360 does.

I think it is 99.9% likely the usb ports will be on the back.. it goes against the design theme the console has followed (zen like simplicity) that would almost fit in any living space.

Sign in to follow this