NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dabookerman

Cartoons of the prophet muhummed, muslims have now gone "LIAR KILLER DEMON".

I personally find it disgusting that the police let the muslims protest with those disgusting signs and the muslims dressed as terrosists didn't even get challenged yet the two who were handing out the cartoons got arrested.

There was an article on the BBC discussing this. They reckon that if the police had moved in there and then, they would have only inflamed the situation. I think that seems likely, and I fully trust the police to take any and all nesecerry action as they see fit.

Ok i feel a little better now. I guess seing as i live half way up the country from London i should be alrite..

Still though, 2 people hand out cartoons and get arrested. 3 people dress as bombers and don't. I mean they could easily have been real bombers.

There was an article on the BBC discussing this. They reckon that if the police had moved in there and then, they would have only inflamed the situation. I think that seems likely, and I fully trust the police to take any and all nesecerry action as they see fit.

Yes but not taking any action just makes the muslims feel as though they are better than the law and will not be stopped.

Yes but not taking any action just makes the muslims feel as though they are better than the law and will not be stopped.

Prehaps, but better that then starting a riot in the middle of London and provoking the extremists. Besides, they've got the whole thing on tape, so the police may yet decide to take action.

Prehaps, but better that then starting a riot in the middle of London and provoking the extremists. Besides, they've got the whole thing on tape, so the police may yet decide to take action.

In the long run I believe it would have been better to take action.

I think that seems likely, and I fully trust the police to take any and all nesecerry action as they see fit.

I'm guessing you're not a brazilian chap who travels by tube then.

In the long run I believe it would have been better to take action.

I disagree. I believe that had the police taken direct action at the scene, it would have very possibly provoked a violent response from the crowd. It would end up all over the news and would only have given the extremists cause more impoteus, leading to young Muslims being further encouraged to join them. If any action really is nescerry, better some low profile arrests or fines later on.

I disagree. I believe that had the police taken direct action at the scene, it would have very possibly provoked a violent response from the crowd. It would end up all over the news and would only have given the extremists cause more impoteus, leading to young Muslims being further encouraged to join them. If any action really is nescerry, better some low profile arrests or fines later on.

I disagree. While there may have been a riot there and then it would discourage some muslims for future protests and attackings. I believe it would discourage more than it would encourage.

I also disagree. I think low profile arrests would be totally the wrong way of doing it. We shouldnt pussy foot around these arsehole's! They should have been made examples of to show that this country and its police do not accept such offensive idiots such as them.

They didnt need to arrest and charge them but to have a word and move them on, even take them to a cell over night or something, anything to stop them.

Can we all at least agree to disagree then?

But then the whole debate would be virtually pointless.

But then the whole debate would be virtually pointless.
How can we have debate unless we disagree with each other?

They should have been made examples of to show that this country and its police do not accept such offensive idiots such as them.

So you're in support of freedom of speech when it offends others, but not when it offends you? Surely there's no difference between dressing up as suicide bombers (assuming it was done in a 'comical' fashion) and drawing an offensive cartoon.

Just for the record, I think both the cartoon, and the violent and/or offensive protests were wrong. The only thing I agree with in this whole situation is the non-violent protest.

So you're in support of freedom of speech when it offends others, but not when it offends you? Surely there's no difference between dressing up as suicide bombers (assuming it was done in a 'comical' fashion) and drawing an offensive cartoon.

Just for the record, I think both the cartoon, and the violent and/or offensive protests were wrong. The only thing I agree with in this whole situation is the non-violent protest.

I agree with that. This whole situation is just a complete mess, and hopefully the whole thing will blow over soon.

I mean they could easily have been real bombers.

Yeah, in a few days we could be going '¬_¬ they still dressing up like fucktards' and then ka-boom!

How can we have debate unless we disagree with each other?

We disagree at the start but we have a debate to try and prove the other wrong and/or convinve them to your way of thinking.

Have we had O>F>S come and spout his shit yet?

Personally I'm with Platty. If they don't like the cartoons, then don't buy the paper. If they donb't like freedom of speech, then move to Iran. If they still choose to burn down embassies and behave so erratically over some silly cartoons, then arrest them all. Jesus, anywhere where people are doing stuff like that, they should just bring in the fucking army and take them out. The Muslims doing stuff like this must be really insecure about their beliefs to let some cartoons cause this much offense.

I really can't believe how those people weren't arrested. Dressing up a child in clothes saying " i love al quaeda" is disgusting. Sometimes, i find it a bit hard to believe that these guys are really fighting for 'the sake of Islam'. Islam, like other religions, is about peace. These protests are certainly not peaceful or hate-free.

I think it was Platty earlier who was following on from what Booker said, which was "why can't we educate these people and teach them a thing or too." In my opinion, these people aren't going to listen. They are dillusional, and almost brainwashed. They've gotten so wrapped up about fighting, they say for the sake of Islam, that they've forgotten what it's like to be a Muslim. Every single one of them are not Muslims in my eyes.

You gotta admit though, the cartoons were pretty insensitive given both the Islamic faith and the current political situation. I don't support burning embassys and attacking foreign missions, but the cartoonist and the newspaper editors responsible must have had at least a small idea that something like this was bound to happen if they published them. Freedom of speech is all very well, but everyone needs to be more responsible with it. Newspaper editors and Islamic extremists alike.

You gotta admit though, the cartoons were pretty insensitive given to both the Islamic faith and the current political situation. I don't support burning embassys and attacking foreign missions, but the cartoonist and the newspaper editors responsible must have had at least a small idea that something like this was bound to happen if they published them. Freedom of speech is all very well, but everyone needs to be more responsible with it. Newspaper editors and Islamic extremists alike.

I think it's fair to say that both sides have caused their fair share of trouble.

I think it's fair to say that both sides have caused their fair share of trouble.
Agreed. There's always two sides to every story.

I'm with what gaggle and Domo Kun have said so far.

I agree that both sides (as in every conflict) have helped make it all a lot worse.

I don't believe the police should've busted the protesters, that would've made them feel oppressed and given extremism more fuel. Better for us to let them have their tantrum and ignore it.

Edit: I didn't want to make an 'Us and Them' thing there. I should have said the government and the protesters.

Thinking about what you just said, and you're probably right. If they had been arrested, then they would probably cause more trouble. :hmm:

Yes, and by not doing anything about it, we're just giving them the message that it's okay for them to do such things without getting punished. You wouldn't let a mob of serial killers go and do whatever they wanted and ignore them just because doing the right thing and laying down the law would give them 'more fuel'. C'mon, get over it. These people are breaking the law and causing terror by doing what they're doing. It's against the law and they need to be stopped, with force if necessary.

Sign in to follow this