NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dabookerman

Cartoons of the prophet muhummed, muslims have now gone "LIAR KILLER DEMON".

I have respect for them that when there relgion gets mocked the are able to stant up for it, and not just except it. But i didn't like to see those signs saying "be-head those who mock islam", if they wanted to seperate them selfs from extremists and the small minority violent grops, then using threatening behaivier is not the way to go.

If you pay attention to the violent and crazy ones, what do you expect to see? I can assure you, for every deranged one out there, there were hundreds of civilised ones. But no-one cares to point them out.

It''s the same with the media. Of course they're going to film the batshit insane one. It's not good T.V. other wise.

Yes, because showing normal people would be any kind of news at all? :-/ I mean damn, what do you expect them to do? Show the people protesting and then say "and heres an example of a normal muslim person!"? That would if anything create more anger then anything.....

Mario114.... You have respect for the fact that they decide to go out and use fear to try to force there views onto others? Anyone who dissagrees should die....... Standing up for your religion can be done in many ways..... For example, going to those who put the comics in the newspaper in the first place and requestion a retraction..... If this was done all should have been good.......

This is no different in essence from A Life of Brian in which they make light of the following of Jesus and his crucifiction...... "Always look on the bright side of life!" Maybe thats what some of these protestors need to do. A comic isn't the end of the world... And considering the reason for not depicting the profet in pictures is to go against people idolising something, I don't really see this picture as defeating that purpose.....

Ok, i've read what everyone's said and here are my views:

1) The cartoon was a joke and i think they are blowing it a little out of proportion.

2) Though many Muslims are very serious about their faith and as the Prophet Mohammed is not meant to be drawn, it is considered very offensive, though i do not believe guns are the answer.

3) Why are they protesting outside London parliament? We didn't draw the pictures, or have anything to do with them so why are we being blamed?

4) I have a feeling there wil very soon be a suicide attack on the Danish embasy-most likely.

EDIT:

5) Nad now, having read the protest signs, i am very worried that there will be a very serious attack. But why are they attacking the BBC? we didn't reproduce the pictures!

Though overall i thnik depicting him as a terrorist was a stupid idea. I mean, that'as obviously going to offend people, the papers really need to make a serious apology to avoid anything going wrong, maybe a front page thing, WE ARE SORRY would help, though i'd jsut do this because i'd probably be shitting myself if i was one of them.

The newspaper has said sorry.... Didn't do anything.....

They have already set the danish embassy in Syria (and I heard them mention somewhere else) on fire......

This is no different in essence from A Life of Brian in which they make light of the following of Jesus and his crucifiction...... "Always look on the bright side of life!"

Brian isn't Jesus. Jesus is in The Life Of Brian, but only during the "Blessed Are The Cheesemakers" scene.

Just as Iqbal Sacranie [general secretary of the Muslim Council of Britain] is free to vent unpalatable spleen against homosexuals, so must the press be able to ask legitimate questions about a religion which does rather have a tendency to encourage destruction against innocents.

Who offends Islam more? A foreigner who endeavours to draw the prophet as described by his followers in the world, or a Muslim armed with an explosive belt who commits suicide in a wedding party in Amman or anywhere else?

This is a freedom of speech/press issue. It's a cartoon. It's satire. I don't care who it offends or how loud they shout. Don't they realise not everyone in the world shares their beliefs?

Yes/No article from The Guardian.

I just saw some bloke on the news from the British Muslim Council (or soemthing like that) denouncing the 'peaceful' demonstrations.

I believe in freedoom of speech so I think the press had the right to show the cartoon. But that doesn't mean they were right to do so. It was insensitive and they should've known better. As should many of the muslims that misbehaved.

The ironic thing is that this isn't the first time they were printed..... Infact it was saying on the news a shortwhile ago that they were infact first printed about 3 months ago and went by without a word... :bouncy:

It's just one of those things blown up by the media (like the whale thing) and then people feel they have to respond because it becomes bigger ... and bigger and bigger until everybody has responded and it's being discussed on a Nintendo forum.

Taken from the BBC

"Syrians have set fire to the Norwegian and Danish embassies in Damascus to protest at the publication of newspaper cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad."

Bloody hell, are the people who are defending these "peaceful protest" still believe its not OTT.

If were the fucking cancer what are thy doing here in the first place.

If were the fucking cancer what are thy doing here in the first place.

Its convenient.

They say they hate Western culture, but their lives would be totally different without it.

Banish them to the north pole and wait for global warming to take effect!

Or just arrest the fuckers.

"Syrians have set fire to the Norwegian and Danish embassies in Damascus to protest at the publication of newspaper cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad."

Someone should tell them Norway is not in Denmark.

And anyway ,since when was Denmark under the laws of Islam,

As for the signs, well...that certainly is not the way to stop people thinking all Muslims are terrorists...

This is taking it too far. I mean, i bet we feel some grief for this too. Even though we didn't print it in any of our papers. ALL of europe has to suffer because of 4 countries. No doubt we'll have to get involved with our troops somehow and increase our chances of an attack though.

How come they never said anything about it the first time they were printed?

The problem with that argument is, simply because you are an atheist, you seem to assume you are right and I am wrong.

You are...and so is my gf. Get over it!!

This is exactly what pisses me off. And this is why i am glad i did not choose to go into the islamic bandwagon. its fuckin rediculous. you get a fuckin snooker cue flung at you if you do not pray at a mosque, when you are 5 years old (i was payed)

Doe's anyone remember about 4 years ago when in Afeganistan they destroyed the biggest statues of Buda, in the name of they're god because it didn't allowed portraits of other gods? Now they're all offended with a simple caricature.

ALL of europe has to suffer because of 4 countries. No doubt we'll have to get involved with our troops somehow and increase our chances of an attack though.

This is no time to separate you're selfs from europe's problems, we need to stand together, and by that I don't mean an attack at other countries, this is not a video-game, just pressure this people to keep out of our affairs and and keep they're problems/religion with them, otherwise goodbye "humanitary" funds.

Doe's anyone remember about 4 years ago when in Afeganistan they destroyed the biggest statues of Buda, in the name of they're god because it didn't allowed portraits of other gods? Now they're all offended with a simple caricature.

hell i remeber that, that pissed me off, thats a important historical monument

IT BELONGED IN A MUSEUM

just remember u guys, according to islamic prophecies, and i will write this in bold text

IN 7 YEARS THIS COUNTRY WILL BE AN ISLAMIC STATE

Sign in to follow this