NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 (4th September 2020)

I'm similarly loathe to give Activision any money so i'll just wait until this is available second hand, I'm not super desperate to play it so I don't mind waiting a couple of months and it's about the only way I can think of to play it legitimately without adding to their coffers.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I'll buy multiple new copies then just to spite you guys :p 

I'll offer to buy one off you then, since it's technically pre-owned. :p

This is also why I eat double the meat since @Goafer went veggie. Not sure my heart can take too much more of it but it was totally worth it.

• Haha 1

Kotaku's feedback is absolutely glowing, maybe I'll pick this up sooner rather than later after all. I understand not wanting to give a company your money but remember that real, good people work for them and work hard.

Not sure when I'm going to get to playing it (a JRPG for a week or so, then we've got Mario 3D All-Stars...), but hey, it's here at least!

EhEpHSpXYAQfyaN?format=jpg&name=large

Hopefully get around to playing it by the end of the month. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I definitely want to play this, assuming it's a good remaster. PS4 only, right?

Anyway, main reason I came here is because some nutter with too much time on their hands has made a Tony Hawk Timeline, so you can keep track of that deep THPS lore!

tesfvzf06bz41.jpg

Eric Sparrow is still one of the greatest video game villains.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I definitely want to play this, assuming it's a good remaster. PS4 only, right?

Anyway, main reason I came here is because some nutter with too much time on their hands has made a Tony Hawk Timeline, so you can keep track of that deep THPS lore!

tesfvzf06bz41.jpg

Eric Sparrow is still one of the greatest video game villains.

This is amazing :laughing:

Truth about Sparrow. I hated that guy so much in THUG.

A second-hand copy just came up on eBay, so I've bought it. :smile:

• Like 2

DF Retro EX: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1&2

Well worth a watch, I'm looking forward to playing the game(s) soon and in the meantime, I might just load up the Dreamcast versions. :smile:

Bought this at the weekend and I've already 100% the THPS2 section. It's feels EXACTLY like the original, which is a bit of a double edged sword IMO. I obviously love it, but by recreating it exactly, they've also brought back the niggles and flaws from the original. The main one is trying to position your character to line them up for a certain line or objective. The game just wasn't built for it and I'd have liked to have been able to get off the board to position myself for a good run, like in THUG.

That said, it's still a great game. The intro sets the tone straight away; as faithful as it's possible to be to the original, but better in almost every way.

Also Rodney Mullen is the absolute boss. I'll accept no arguments to the contrary.

Edited by Goafer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Aaaand now I've 100% THPS1 as well. Also got all stat points for my custom skater. 

I'm still waiting on my second-hand copy, I might send the seller a message asking if it has been posted yet if it doesn't turn up tomorrow. ::shrug:

I wouldn't be surprised if they're still playing the game and were hoping that it didn't sell immediately so that they could play through it. :indeed:

It was listed a mere day or two after it came out, but I did buy it and pay for it on Saturday.

If that was me selling it, I'd have had it in the post on the Monday even if I was playing it in the meantime.

I don't mind so much, just so long as it's at least posted before this weekend, as that will be a whole week gone then.

Looks like the game(s) are worth the wait at least. :peace:

Boundary Break - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2

A great episode, it really shows off just how much detail went into these remakes, both inside and outside the playable areas.

I'm going to play some of this now, as since my initial second-hand copy arrived, I've only put a couple of hours into it.

• Like 1

Bump! The Switch version of this has been out for a couple of weeks now, and I'm absolutely loving it. Despite the cut in graphics and framerate, it runs pretty well and stable on the Switch, and since I play mostly handheld it hasn't bothered me yet. If it ever makes it to PC on Steam I might double dip, but for now this version is more than capable.

I've 100% THPS1 and 2, and have full stats on one character. So I'm guessing now it's time to play some different characters and try to get all of the achievements and unlock the hidden characters. Control-wise the game plays almost exactly like THPS4 (for as far as I can remember), with stuff like reverts, wall plants and spine transfers included but not the get off your board stuff that was in later games. It immediately felt familiar which helped getting through it quite fast. I wonder how it feels for new players though.

Love going back to the classic levels, especially those in THPS2. School II, Warehouse, it's a blast. Add to that the soundtrack (which could have been a bit more extensive imho) and the vibe is definitely there.

Anyway, this is a remaster/remake done well. Plenty of content, a bunch of QoL and new content, but the feel of the old games is definitely there.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this