NEurope
Dufniall

51 Worldwide Games (Switch, June 5 2020)

17 hours ago, drahkon said:

Are there games you can play on one device/in docked mode?

Obviously for games which rely on the opponent to not see your cards/stuff that's impossible. But what about games like Yahtzee?

Yes.  Any game that doesn’t rely on hidden hands works just fine using one Switch for multiplayer.

• Thanks 1

Managed to grab a digital copy for 17.47€. A key seller apparently fucked up and refunded me a product I bought months ago twice. Once to my PayPal account and once to my account at that seller :D The latter I didn't notice until I checked prices for 51 Worldwide Games just now.

If anybody wants to get some games going, let me know :p

• Thanks 1

People who play/own this game: Would you be up for a tournament of some sorts?

There are two options to do a tourney:

• play against each other directly (that would limit the amount of games suitable for this mode)
  • play independently of each other, i.e. everyone plays a game online against randos and we have to set some kind of win/placement conditions (for example: Yacht - win to be eligible for scoring, the higher your score the better your placement) (Edit: For this one, it has to be built on trust...don't just play 800 matches in order to get the perfect result)

I'd be up for organizing something (probably from next week onward) but first I'd like to know if it's even worth the time :p

Edited by drahkon
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, drahkon said:

• play against each other directly (that would limit the amount of games suitable for this mode)
  • play independently of each other, i.e. everyone plays a game online against randos and we have to set some kind of win/placement conditions (for example: Yacht - win to be eligible for scoring, the higher your score the better your placement) (Edit: For this one, it has to be built on trust...don't just play 800 matches in order to get the perfect result)

I'd be up for organizing something (probably from next week onward) but first I'd like to know if it's even worth the time :p

The problem with that second option is that one person might get matched up with an amateur while another person gets paired up with the ultimate Checkers player. It's not exactly the fairest way of playing.

I don't see why the more direct method isn't the better option. The ideal number of people would be 12, so that no matter what game we play, there's a perfect distribution of groups. (I'd be amazed if 12 people actually got on board with this though)

I wonder, perhaps this could be a long-drawn thing that takes place over a number of weeks? For example, everyone plays a different game from this selection each week and get points based on their placing. Person with the most points once all the multiplayer games have been played wins.

Kinda similar to the Mario Kart League I run.

I'd be interested in taking part. Provided it happens on Friday or Saturday. I also wouldn't mind keeping score or organising matchups. Had plenty of experience with that kind of thing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Glen-i said:

The problem with that second option is that one person might get matched up with an amateur while another person gets paired up with the ultimate Checkers player. It's not exactly the fairest way of playing.

I don't see why the more direct method isn't the better option. The ideal number of people would be 12, so that no matter what game we play, there's a perfect distribution of groups. (I'd be amazed if 12 people actually got on board with this though)

Yeah, I didn't really think it through. Had an exam on my mind that I most likely failed today, so I'm ready to think again :D

I wonder, perhaps this could be a long-drawn thing that takes place over a number of weeks? For example, everyone plays a different game from this selection each week and get points based on their placing. Person with the most points once all the multiplayer games have been played wins.

That was one of the plans, yeah :)

I also wouldn't mind keeping score or organising matchups. Had plenty of experience with that kind of thing.

That would be awesome :peace:

We need more players, though :D

Man, I'm trying to get into Riichi Mahjong but playing online is a tad too quick for my taste. The time you get for your turn is way too low, and adding ten seconds 3 times per round isn't really helping.

For now I'll just use a flash game in my browser to play against the AI :D

Slowly wrapping my head around it. Still not sure why the game sometimes says that I need specific tiles but when they show up nothing happens. Maybe it's because I don't actually have a Yaku but the game still thinks I would win with those needed tiles?

Slowly wrapping my head around it. Still not sure why the game sometimes says that I need specific tiles but when they show up nothing happens. Maybe it's because I don't actually have a Yaku but the game still thinks I would win with those needed tiles?

I think it’s a glitch. I play Mahjong often enough to understand the rules. I’ve come across circumstances where I could easily win and it won’t let me. I’ve taken screenshots and showed them to others I play with, and they agree it was a win situation, so I take it the game is broken in some circumstances.
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Londragon said:

I think it’s a glitch. I play Mahjong often enough to understand the rules. I’ve come across circumstances where I could easily win and it won’t let me. I’ve taken screenshots and showed them to others I play with, and they agree it was a win situation, so I take it the game is broken in some circumstances.

Happy to hear because it means I actually understand a fair bit of the game, sad to hear because it sucks that the version here plays out like this.

• Like 1

On 21/07/2020 at 2:01 PM, drahkon said:

I have Clubhouse Games for Nintendo DS and, although I don't own the game, my guess is that this is very similar. If you set-up the tournament I'd be willing to participate in it.

10 minutes ago, viceview51 said:

If you set-up the tournament I'd be willing to participate in it.

Just to clarify, you'd be willing to buy the Switch game?

Awesome :peace:

That means we're currently at three people interested:

@viceview51
@Glen-i
and me

(maybe @S.C.G, you thanked my post so....is that a yes? :p)

With four, I'd say that a tourney could be held :)

12 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Awesome :peace:

That means we're currently at three people interested:

(maybe @S.C.G, you thanked my post so....is that a yes? :p)

Yes, I have the game, I've recently unsealed it and it's ready to play, it just depends on when we'd all be playing. :)

• Like 1

Great :D

Calling @Glen-i to set something up. You offered it and have the most experience with this so...I'M GONNA BE LAZY :p

With only 4 people (for now), I'd be up for something like:

1. Play only one game per week
  2. Play best of 3 (5, 7, 9, whatever)
  3. Assign points based on the result
  4. rinse, repeat

Just as a basis. Obviously, this can be changed depending on whether we're playing 2-player or 4-player games and how much time each and every one of us has :p

I'm thinking I should make a new thread to keep our tourney shenanigans seperate. But before I do, I need to determine what day @drahkon, @viceview51 and @S.C.G are all available on.

As said before, I'm free on Friday or Saturday. Any time is good for me.

Assuming no-one else joins, 4-player games will just be us 4 playing at the same time.
2-player games on the other hand, will have the two top placed players face off while the bottom 2 players will play each other.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

But before I do, I need to determine what day @drahkon, @viceview51 and @S.C.G are all available on.

Usually I can make Friday afternoon and Saturday during the day. Depending on what is planned for the weekend I have some more time.

@viceview51 and @S.C.G. I'm gonna need some kind of idea of when you're free to play Worldwide Games regularly so I can get started on making a new thread.

Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday... from 8pm.

That should offer a bit of scope. :)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glen-i said:

would that be feasible for you?

Yes, but I might have to cancel sometimes, because I see my friends a lot these days and Saturday nights are pretty much the nights for that :p

Edited by drahkon

Saturday 8pm is good for me. I'll be ordering the game towards the this week's end. Should be able to get it a couple of weeks later, probably Mid-august.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk