NEurope
Dufniall

51 Worldwide Games (Switch, June 5 2020)

Announced in the Direct Mini last March, the game is coming to the Switch on June 5. It's time for a topic as the game looks to have quite some substance to it, people are hyped for it, and it has some online features so we can soon be playing Tank Wars online!

Plus, a Japanese trailer popped up showing all the different games there are to play. It's cool to see Wii Play games like Tank Wars and the balloon shooting game make a return! Plus Wii Sports style bowling! I think I need to pre-order this as it will undoubtedly suffer from shortages at launch.

Announcement trailer:

Japanese showcasing trailer:

• Like 2

I was dismissive of this initially but after seeing today's trailer, I'm super hyped. 

Seems like they have added some content similar to Wii Sports and Wii Play, which I am extremely down for. 

Hope the price is not £50 :laughing:

Preordered two weeks ago, and that new Japanese showcase trailer has just hit my hype levels through the roof. Nintendo bringing the goods.

• Like 2

Was going to buy this off of shopto but it was the same price digitaly. So I downloaded it along with Xenoblade. I also wanted to play ludo again...along with a few others.

• Like 1

The extended trailer, showing all 51 games in more depth, has received an English translation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A look at the bowling. It seems well made, but completely ruined by being limited to 2 players.

With 51 Worldwide Games out today, I'm surprised to see no activity in this thread :eek:

Is anybody playing this?

1 minute ago, nekunando said:

Is anybody playing this?

I am.

Impossible CPU is kicking my ass in Mankala. Haven't really tried most of the games yet, played some sevens and some mahjong, pool ect. Still alot I haven't played yet.

For those that do have it can you let me know if it would be suitable for kids aged...I wanna say 5 and 9? Something like that. Both in terms of difficulty level but also 'can they play this together without killing each other?' 😋

Thinking of ordering it for my friend's kids. 

For those that do have it can you let me know if it would be suitable for kids aged...I wanna say 5 and 9? Something like that. Both in terms of difficulty level but also 'can they play this together without killing each other?'
Thinking of ordering it for my friend's kids. 

There’s such a great variety of different games, only played on the touch screen, but each game requires a minimal of learning that kids pick up easy.
If they only have one Switch between them, it limits the amount of games, but he arcade action sport games are fun for quick plays. Plus if it teaches them chess, bonus.
I bought it for me and my son to play together, he’s 13, but I would have got it regardless of his age. Fun package for a quick blast every now and then.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, londragon said:

There’s such a great variety of different games, only played on the touch screen, but each game requires a minimal of learning that kids pick up easy.
If they only have one Switch between them, it limits the amount of games, but he arcade action sport games are fun for quick plays. Plus if it teaches them chess, bonus.
I bought it for me and my son to play together, he’s 13, but I would have got it regardless of his age. Fun package for a quick blast every now and then.

Oh you can't play it on TV? They do only have one Switch. Are the games tabletop with a Joy-Con each then?

Oh you can't play it on TV? They do only have one Switch. Are the games tabletop with a Joy-Con each then?

Yes, you can play on TV. Either using a single JoyCon each, or in handheld, both using touchscreen. Some games favour one method over another, but what I’ve seen so far, is that all games can be played both handheld and docked. Some card games, mahjong, dominoes, though don’t work in 2 player on one Switch, regardless of TV or not, as your opponent would see your hand.
  • Like 2

Just got it.  It’s awesome!!! So brilliant to finally get a sequel to this long forgotten DS classic! :D 

Just unlocked the Club Nintendo Hanafuda card designs; badass! Never thought that they’d bring them back!

My only real complaint so far is that the music is a bit lame so far.  It lacks the energy and excitement of the original and is far too chill.  Calling Koi Koi should be a HYPE moment, instead it’s a barely audible blip sadly.

Otherwise it’s fantastic though! I’ve only really just scratched the surface so far and have a LOT more to try out, but I already love it! :D THIS is the kind of game I want to see on Switch!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

YES!!!!!!!!!

EaOwiigUcAIG2OG?format=jpg&name=small

I'VE FINALLY DONE IT!!!!!!

I've finally figured out how to play Riichi Mahjong!!!!!!!!! :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

I've finally figured out how to play Riichi Mahjong!!!!!!!!! :D

No matter how much I tried to understand that game (when playing it in the various Yakuza titles) I just couldn’t get my head around it. :hehe: 

Well done. :bowdown:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RedShell said:

No matter how much I tried to understand that game (when playing it in the various Yakuza titles) I just couldn’t get my head around it. :hehe: 

Well done. :bowdown:

Someone on Resetera actually made a really helpful beginner's guide in response to the release of 51WWG.  That was a huge help; it might be worth a read if you fancy giving it a go.  It's actually a lot of fun once you wrap your head around it (Which even 51WWG acknowledges in its description! I love how the game actually plays up how complicated it is to learn :laughing:)

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

Are there games you can play on one device/in docked mode?

Obviously for games which rely on the opponent to not see your cards/stuff that's impossible. But what about games like Yahtzee?