NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
rokhed00

Halo 3 ready?

We’ve received news today from an industry insider who claims that Halo 3 is finished and sitting at the mastering plant, awaiting the word to go.

According to the source, the final artwork has been finished for disc, booklets and box art.

Our source has stated that one of Europe’s largest CD replicators is on standby, they’ve signed NDAs and are awaiting the green light from Bungie. According to our source the CD replicators have been given an approximate date to ensure that their pressing schedule is clear for the amount of units they’ll need to produce.

Responding to the question of why haven’t Microsoft and Bungie given it the green light for launch, our source is certain that the hold is a strategic move on Microsoft’s part. Although Halo 3 is ready, the delay is to time the launch for “maximum impactâ€

We’ve currently received few details regarding Halo 3, so it makes sense that Bungie will build up the hype surrounding the game before the launch is revealed.

While this is unconfirmed at going to press, this industry deep-throat was confident in the information presented to us.

Source: Hexus

Very unlikely dont you think?

lets be hounest, very little is known about the game... but its aparently finnished? If it was gonna be held back they would at least keep working on it to make it the best game possible untill there given the green light

Hmmm, i dont know what to think, if they are realising this at the same time as the PS3 it could well be possible, hence we aint heard anything from it.

Yeah I read about this yesterday. Seems starnge but no doubt E3 will sort this rumour out. Still a long way to go yet though.

Yeah I can't see this being true because;

Surely they would keep working on the game to improve and add to it in every way up until launch, they wouldn't just finish it in whatever state it's now in, then not work on it for 6 months! - When all the time developers are getting more and more from the 360's power!!

Also, the fact that nothing is known about a supposedly finished game is also quite a rare thing! Though it has happened before e.g. Diddy Kong Racing!

they jumped into conclusions. they have reserved a spot at hexus when they will start printing, they havent actually done the game yet.

crap i recon. no way would they sit on a finished game for 6 months. all that money to develop the game and not a penny from it for months i think not.

Yeah I can't see this being true because;

Surely they would keep working on the game to improve and add to it in every way up until launch, they wouldn't just finish it in whatever state it's now in, then not work on it for 6 months! - When all the time developers are getting more and more from the 360's power!!

Also, the fact that nothing is known about a supposedly finished game is also quite a rare thing! Though it has happened before e.g. Diddy Kong Racing!

I second every thing he said.

They're still talking about working on the user interface in the latest bungie update. Adding that to the fact that Halo 2 was first shown at E3 2003 when it was released in Nov 2004 and that we haven't seen any trace of a viral marketing campaign yet (ilovebees) leads me to believe this is false.

Can't be true, they can only have been developing it for a year and a bit. When did the 360 dev kits go out?

I think even this Christmas would be pretty early. Still, it would be the biggest selling game for the 360 and could hugely increase sales.

Sign in to follow this