NEurope

Humm... quite retro in its look. I like it! It's a breath of fresh air from all the other magazines trying to look futuristic and ultra modern.

Is the mag out yet?

You know what... i have no idea when its out but the old NOM would have been out next friday... so im goin to look for it then.

I agree with you on the look... for a start theres no Pokemon pics on it which is always a plus when your buying the mag from Whsmiths... because you get funny looks from some of the younger people who work there.

i wonder if the actual material used shares the quality with that of edge

I sure hope it does... because i was sick of the way the old NOM team used to ramble on in the reviews about rubbish.. and they used to drop a swear word in here or there to make them selfs seem more "cool".

Oh and lets hope that we dont get pages with one massive screen of some game that you can bearly make out because its streached so much.

So let me get this straight, no one from the previous NOM team is in any way, shape or form involved with this new version, right?

So let me get this straight, no one from the previous NOM team is in any way, shape or form involved with this new version, right?

lord i hope not.... for too long now nintendo fans have been stuck with a kiddy and embarrasing official magazine, time for a revolutionary look i think :smile:

I was reading on another forum that subscribers should get the new edition on 8th February and it'll be in the shops on the 10th February.

I was reading on another forum that subscribers should get the new edition on 8th February and it'll be in the shops on the 10th February.

So its out next week when the old NOM would have been out... good i was hoping that as i get paid nxt week and im skint!

i might get it. never got the old one i never really liked the way it was done. i will give this one a chance.

wonder what the free gifts will be like.... i can only dream that it would be something mariokart related

None of the previous team members are there, most are going to work for the official XBOX magazine. I'm picking it up and will continue to do so. It's official.

Edit: I've subscribed for a whole year :)

Edit: To avoid confusion, i meant i subscribed to the new NOM.

So tim street will be making articles like: "halo pwns metroid lol"

Don't diss the Tim Meister, the mag was hilarious, tho sexist and what-not.

Oh well, hope the paper quality is like Edge, thats awesome. The only good thing bout the mag (joke).

So tim street will be making articles like: "halo pwns metroid lol"

Haha, i was think something along those lines.

Looks positive so far(by the cover.) I'll read my friends copy and base judgement on that.

Skarmachild, the old nom was not funny, the jokes were immature and cringe worthy.

Ooh that cover looks a lot more like it. Will definitely give this a chance whenever it comes out.

I hope the free gifts are sexy, and they have a bigger news page then previous NOM, the reviews in the old NOM were hilarious, but not relevant what so ever.

What forum was this?

If this new Nintendo magazine is trying to be mature wouldn't free gifts, usually the domain of children's magazines (and countless lifeless Bongo products), contradict this new identity?

Don't diss the Tim Meister, the mag was hilarious

*checks age* oh; that explains it then.

NOM was not funny. It stopped being funny when Dave McComb took over, and basically made it into pokécentral and set its stall out to entertain the young'uns with its plastic humour(ie-they were trying to be funny; real funny is when youcan be funny even when they're not trying to be).

Tim Street further ruined the mag, and I for one am glad I have not been a regular reader for quite some time.

hands are photoshopped red to match nintendo logo arn't they?

Seems a bit two of two, hands of blue, which kind of scares me.

Anywho, I'll probably pick it up next time im heading to Caffe Nero and want something to read.

I hope the free gifts are sexy, and they have a bigger news page then previous NOM, the reviews in the old NOM were hilarious, but not relevant what so ever.

What forum was this?

well since you were born in the 90s i guess simple jokes that use easy to pronounce words are very appealing to you.

the jokes, were not jokes. they were attempts and poor ones at that